Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #46
practicallyperfect77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza

The first scan can mark the passes as being used. There is really no difference between the first set of readers and the second. They all have the ipad screens in the CM booths and let the CM mark it as used or not. That is why if you are in the fp line and the ride goes down they have to come around with paper readmits still.
Ahh ok - I know it wasn't always like that but wondered if they had changed it.
practicallyperfect77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #47
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennadeedoodah View Post
i can't tell you how frustrated i am that the day we have ohana reservations is the first day the new policy regarding photos no longer being included goes into effect. That was the policy when we made the reservations and now they are changing it. Here's an idea: If we have to make plans 180 days out, how about you make announcements about changes 180 days out, as well? Only seems right.
ita!!!
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #48
mummabear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I can't tell you how frustrated I am that the day we have Ohana reservations is the first day the new policy regarding photos no longer being included goes into effect. That was the policy when we made the reservations and now they are changing it. Here's an idea: if we have to make plans 180 days out, how about you make announcements about changes 180 days out, as well? Only seems right.
What has changed at Ohana's?
Yes I agree once a reservation is made I believe they should not be able to change the offerings.
Try booking for DLR-dining reservations open before park hours are out!
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #49
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummabear View Post
What has changed at Ohana's?
Yes I agree once a reservation is made I believe they should not be able to change the offerings.
Try booking for DLR-dining reservations open before park hours are out!
As of the 27th of this month, the photo is no longer included here (or anywhere other than Cinderella's Royal Table and Akershus). Instead, it gets put on your magic band as part of photopass and you can buy it later. You not longer have a print out brought to your table as part of the meal package.

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:14 PM   #50
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As of the 27th of this month, the photo is no longer included here (or anywhere other than Cinderella's Royal Table and Akershus). Instead, it gets put on your magic band as part of photopass and you can buy it later. You not longer have a print out brought to your table as part of the meal package.
I really don't see the big controversy over this. So now instead of thousands of photos being wasted every day those who want the photo can go view it online and buy a printed copy delivered to their home or you can skip the photo and not waste ink and photo paper as well as energy.

They are still taking the photos they just aren't printing them to be taken around. It is eco friendly and smart for business.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #51
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
I really don't see the big controversy over this. So now instead of thousands of photos being wasted every day those who want the photo can go view it online and buy a printed copy delivered to their home or you can skip the photo and not waste ink and photo paper as well as energy.

They are still taking the photos they just aren't printing them to be taken around. It is eco friendly and smart for business.
Well in one situation, the photo was part of the meal, already paid for, and printed off. In the other situation, you spend the same money for the meal, but no longer receive the photo. Now, I have to go pay for it. When I made the reservation, the policy hadn't changed. Therefore, I made the reservation with the understanding that I would be getting a photo printout during my meal. Now, I still pay the same amount of money but don't receive my photo.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #52
SillySallySews
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Was this photo included at dinner only? We had breakfast at Ohana last month and were offered a folder of pictures, but we had to buy them. We always have breakfast at Ohana and this was the first time Stitch had his own paparazzi. We hated it. In past years the interaction was great. I have tons of great pictures of my own from past years. This year with the photopass people he stood there just long enough to let them take their pictures and moved on. The interaction with the kids was nonexistent and he didn't even sign autographs like he did in the past. Thankfully the other characters made up for it.
SillySallySews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #53
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well in one situation, the photo was part of the meal, already paid for, and printed off. In the other situation, you spend the same money for the meal, but no longer receive the photo. Now, I have to go pay for it. When I made the reservation, the policy hadn't changed. Therefore, I made the reservation with the understanding that I would be getting a photo printout during my meal. Now, I still pay the same amount of money but don't receive my photo.
The only two places the photo was included was Cinderella's Royal Table and Akershaus. For both of those the policy is not changing for 180 days after the announcement. All others it was never included in the cost of the meal so it was changed immediately.

Also there is no word on how it will work at CRT and AK going forward. Some speculations is that it will still be a free photopass download with printable right so you can take it where ever you would like. For memory maker it is now the digital rights and print rights that you will receive with the meal.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #54
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillySallySews View Post
Was this photo included at dinner only? We had breakfast at Ohana last month and were offered a folder of pictures, but we had to buy them. We always have breakfast at Ohana and this was the first time Stitch had his own paparazzi. We hated it. In past years the interaction was great. I have tons of great pictures of my own from past years. This year with the photopass people he stood there just long enough to let them take their pictures and moved on. The interaction with the kids was nonexistent and he didn't even sign autographs like he did in the past. Thankfully the other characters made up for it.
I could swear that back in 2012, we got the photo here and at Tusker House. Regardless, I wanted the printed out photo to take with me. I don't want to go home and order it. When I booked, I was supposed to get the photo at that time. I don't want to have to go try and deal with the photopass website which has been very frustrating for me in the past. Basic fact: they promised one thing and are now changing it. It isn't right.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #55
SillySallySews
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I could swear that back in 2012, we got the photo here and at Tusker House. Regardless, I wanted the printed out photo to take with me. I don't want to go home and order it. When I booked, I was supposed to get the photo at that time. I don't want to have to go try and deal with the photopass website which has been very frustrating for me in the past. Basic fact: they promised one thing and are now changing it. It isn't right.
Maybe they did do it in 2012. That year my husband was overseas all but one week in December and we found out he was coming home so last minute there was no time to plan a trip. So 2012 is the only year we didn't go. But I know for sure last summer there were no photopass people at our table with Stitch. And yes, that is wrong that they changed it. If they promised something they should deliver!
SillySallySews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #56
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

In September of 2013, the printed out photo with Donald (in a paper "frame") WAS included with the cost of the meal at Tusker House. I am 100% positive. I have it sitting on my desk at work.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #57
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Corinne
In September of 2013, the printed out photo with Donald (in a paper "frame") WAS included with the cost of the meal at Tusker House. I am 100% positive. I have it sitting on my desk at work.
Weird I went in January 2013 and no picture of Donald was included. Just went in June and it want either.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #58
lizard1
Mouseketeer

For awhile, the print outs were included if you bought the Photopass Plus. I remember mine being included at Chef Mickey's in 2012 because of this. If you didn't have the Photopass Plus, you had to buy the photo. I don't remember the photos (other than CRT and Akershus) just being given. When Photopass Plus changed to MM (or possibly before then), they did away with the prints at meals too.
lizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: