Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 12:41 AM   #31
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Wait. Who?? Whaaaa??

Good grief. When did this change? And why? It basically renders rider swap useless. What's the point? Ugh. Time to change all of my FP+ around. Super.

Can someone link me to the thread on the Family Board that discussed this? Thx.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:47 AM   #32
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Corinne View Post
Wait. Who?? Whaaaa??

Good grief. When did this change? And why? It basically renders rider swap useless. What's the point? Ugh. Time to change all of my FP+ around. Super.

Can someone link me to the thread on the Family Board that discussed this? Thx.
Yup - it absolutely makes the rider swap useless in most situations.

Here's the thread from the family board (sorry for the dig on the themepark board folks ): http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3300518
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #33
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Thanks. Grrrr. So irritated by this.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Old 07-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #34
lizard1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
Exactly! By them doing it this way it basically renders my 3 year old's (who is too small at 37") FP+ useless. She can't use hers with the rest of us on the headliners and if we selected hers for other rides like Peter Pan, there is nobody who can take her on her FP rides (doubt they would let a 3 year old board alone so she can use her 3 FP+).
I think it all depends on how you choose to view the situation. You are looking at your child's FP as being useless. It is only useless if you choose to use everyone else's FP for a ride that she can't ride. You may also choose to use everyone's FPs for a headliner because in making that choice, you won't have to wait as long and that in turn will free up more time for other rides that your child will be able to enjoy as well. In turn, you could choose to use everyone's FP on a ride that everyone is able to ride, even if that is not the most efficient use of the FP for everyone else. We chose to use a FP for A&E, even though my son doesn't like Frozen because his sisters wanted to see them and wasting his FP on them was a better choice than waiting in a 2 hour line so that he could use the FP on something he was interested in. I also made choices for rides other than the headliners because not everyone in our party can ride them...since it is a family vacation, we chose to make FP for some rides that I usually would not have.

I think that in making everyone scan their bands they are trying to make the use of the FP line as fair as possible so as not to overwhelm the system and to be able to ensure that people who do have a FP are not waiting a substantial amount of time.
lizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:01 AM   #35
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. Grrrr. So irritated by this.
Yup, me too.
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:43 AM   #36
mummabear
DIS Veteran

My suggestion is to email guest relations and request clarification, you may need to email a second time as I often find that the first time they will just copy and paste from the website, then if the answer is that only the initial group needs FP+ to use rider swap then do so and print it out and take that with you.
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #37
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittles
It just seems so complicated. I thought that honestly you just walked up to the CM and said hey we want to do rider switch (with a 2 yr old in hand) and they gave it to you....end of story.
That is what it used to be...that's all we did in march and October 2013

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #38
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btk2333
With regard to your last paragraph- I think someone else reported that they scanned your FP+ before giving you any RS pass; therefore, you couldn't use your FP+ later or change your FP+ because it was marked as used prior to getting the RS pass.
As someone else said, I did not think the fp+ was actually used until it was scanned at the second checkpoint.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Old 07-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #39
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard1

The tickets I was given last month still say that they are good for 3 guests.
The website and the tickets in the park have said different things for a while, IIRC.

April 2011

Old 07-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #40
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

How about this??? When Disney asks people to plan in an insane amount of detail 180/60 days out, they QUIT changing the rules all the time. Or if they do, maybe they should actually take the time to let people know of the rule changes. Thank God for DISBoards (and that I happened to stumble upon this thread). I would have arrived with useless FP+ that I spent hours planning and not been able to experience several attractions with my "newly tall enough" 4 year old. I would have been :furious.

As it is, I will have to spend today trying to rearranging every single day of our meticulously planned vacation. I am seriously doubtful that I am going to be able to get FP+ now for some of the attractions for the time slots I picked weeks ago.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Old 07-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #41
mggeary
Mouseketeer

I wonder

Could someone try and report back if the "waiting parent" can change or later use their FP+ after it has been scanned or checked at the first Mickey reader when child swaps are given out.

I imagine this will greatly impact many touring plans.
mggeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #42
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mggeary View Post
Could someone try and report back if the "waiting parent" can change or later use their FP+ after it has been scanned or checked at the first Mickey reader when child swaps are given out.

You can use it. I'm not sure if you can change it, but you probably can at this point.

Last edited by Alesia; 07-16-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #43
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I wonder about this too. And even if it can, it may be hard to switch that FP (and the non-riding child's FP) on the same day to even a ride like Winnie the Pooh in peak times like Christmas. I also wonder if for some reason they make the non-riding child have a FP for the ride too before they give a rider swap ticket.
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #44
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
How about this??? When Disney asks people to plan in an insane amount of detail 180/60 days out, they QUIT changing the rules all the time. Or if they do, maybe they should actually take the time to let people know of the rule changes. Thank God for DISBoards (and that I happened to stumble upon this thread). I would have arrived with useless FP+ that I spent hours planning and not been able to experience several attractions with my "newly tall enough" 4 year old. I would have been :furious.

As it is, I will have to spend today trying to rearranging every single day of our meticulously planned vacation. I am seriously doubtful that I am going to be able to get FP+ now for some of the attractions for the time slots I picked weeks ago.
I can't tell you how frustrated I am that the day we have Ohana reservations is the first day the new policy regarding photos no longer being included goes into effect. That was the policy when we made the reservations and now they are changing it. Here's an idea: if we have to make plans 180 days out, how about you make announcements about changes 180 days out, as well? Only seems right.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #45
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The first scan can mark the passes as being used. There is really no difference between the first set of readers and the second. They all have the ipad screens in the CM booths and let the CM mark it as used or not. That is why if you are in the fp line and the ride goes down they have to come around with paper readmits still.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: