Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2014, 02:23 AM   #1
LisaPenz
Earning My Ears

How far is the walk from DLH to the gates?

I'm planning a short trip to DL and considering staying at DLH for the first time as we usually stay at GC. We can't afford to this time around. In the past, we've enjoyed the convineince of the short walk from the GC so I'm a little spoiled and wondering how many *minutes* it takes to walk from the DLH???

Also - my mom has had knee surgery and can't walk very far without some difficulty.

Thanks in advance
LisaPenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:31 AM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I would say it's about twice as long. Though if you've been exiting the Grand into DTD to go to bagcheck and into DL, that adds some serious distance to the Grand-DL walk and I'd say DLH-DL is closer to that.

I would recommend requesting something other than Frontier Tower, that's for sure! (though if you go out the BACK of Frontier you can go towards PPH and across and into and through the Grand, and that's about as long (per mapmyrun) as going from another tower through DTD.

Of course the monorail can save you time, but it's only helpful if you're wanting to go to Tomorrowland or Toontown. If you are trying to head to FL or Adventureland, you then have to backtrack. (though if you can close out your day at DL in the monorail area, it can save you some time on the feet!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #3
deannaf87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPenz View Post
I'm planning a short trip to DL and considering staying at DLH for the first time as we usually stay at GC. We can't afford to this time around. In the past, we've enjoyed the convineince of the short walk from the GC so I'm a little spoiled and wondering how many *minutes* it takes to walk from the DLH???

Also - my mom has had knee surgery and can't walk very far without some difficulty.

Thanks in advance
It definitely didn't seem that long to me, but I was 15 and in awesome shape, lol.

Disneyland- June 2003-CL at Disneyland Hotel
WDW - March 2013 - Shades of Green
Planning for December 2015...going through the exciting process of picking a resort

ATTENTION: TR IN PROGRESS You need superglue for WHAT??? A Bloody Magical First Time Trip Report!
deannaf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:03 AM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

From the center of the Esplanade to the DTD entrance to DLH (basically the Sorcerer's Hat), it's about 0.47 miles (820 yards). How long it takes depends on how fast you normally walk, but I would guess for the average person it'll take between 5 to 10 minutes at a normal pace. Once at the DTD entrance, it can be another 200 yards or so to the tower, depending on which one your room is in. (DL ticket gates to the lobby of the GC (using the DTD entrance) is about 0.27 miles (480 yards).)

If you have more questions about Disneyland, I would recommend hopping on down to the Disneyland board.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdispla...sprune=-1&f=26

Last edited by figment_jii; 07-15-2014 at 07:21 PM.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #5
LisaPenz
Earning My Ears

If you have more questions about Disneyland, I would recommend hoping on down to the Disneyland board.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

I'm new to DISboards and I'm finding it not as user-friendly as I had hoped. I wish there was a tutorial video on how to navigate through this website properly and efficiently.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Don't worry about it! We were all new at some point too!

In general...the boards under the "Disney Trip Planning Forums" header tend to focus on Walt Disney World. The boards under the "Disneyland" header tend to focus on Disneyland and the West Cost. If you're planning a trip to Disneyland, you'll probably post mostly on the "Disneyland (California)" board. In general, the Disneyland forums aren't quite as categorized as the ones for WDW (i.e., the Disneyland doesn't have a separate hotel, theme parks, or dining board; it's all lumped into the "Disneyland (California)" board).

You might already be familiar with the acronyms that are commonly used on these boards, but here is a link to the list of commonly used acronyms for the Disneyland board. There is a similar list for the WDW board. Most of the acronyms are the same, but there are few that are unique/different for Disneyland.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520784

In terms of quoting a post earlier in the thread, just make sure the part you are quoting starts with [ QUOTE ] (no spaces) and ends with [ /QUOTE ] (again no spaces). So in the example below, the words "This is Quoted" are sandwiched between the [ QUOTE ] and [ /QUOTE ] tags. That's what gives you the neat little box around the the part of the entry that is quoted.
Quote:
This is Quoted
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:41 AM   #7
LisaPenz
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your help Figment!

Tags
disneyland hotel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: