Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2014, 05:23 PM   #1
auntyjenn
If you can't say it with a puppet, its not worth saying
I must laugh every time too, because I just did

What do you do at the Boardwalk?

Someone posted on another thread that they enjoyed the boardwalk. What do you do there?
Old 07-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
Dan Murphy
We are family.

This may help some.

http://allears.net/btp/brdwlk.htm

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

IMHO, Boardwalk is kind of a letdown. At night there are two adult clubs which seem to get reasonable attendance. On the BW itself there are a few carnival games and some buskers. After you've walked the length and perhaps stopped for an adult beverage you've pretty much done it all.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #4
vicb
DIS Veteran

We went on our last trip this year in May after Epcot closed. We watched Illuminations then walked to BW. My DD got her hair wrapped. DH and DS watched a couple of the busker shows which were entertaining. You can rent a surrey bike, face painting, there are a few games of chance, ESPN has a small arcade, ice cream shop, BWI gift shop, dining, strolling... we found it pleasant but unless you did dinner and a bike ride I wouldn't say it is a whole evenings worth of entertainment. For adults only there is Jellyrolls and the Dance Hall too. While there we could see across the way the BC was showing a movie on the beach.
vicb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Boardwalk is not worth a special trip IMO. If you are eating there anyway, it's lovely to take a walk around at night because it is pretty.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #6
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

A look.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #7
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

When we go to the Boardwalk, it's usually because we are eating at Kouzzina (soon to be gone). The times we were there, there was a street magician which my kids loved to watch. Other than that, not much.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

When we stay at Boardwalk, I love going to Big River and sitting outside for lunch. A great way to start a WDW visit!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #9
Dave713
Earning My Ears

Jellyrolls is a lot of fun if you are adults only. There are shows at night, game The Brew Works is very good for dinner or lunch.
10/09 BWV,05/10 BWV,12/11 BWV,10/12 BWV
2/14 BWV, 05/15 POR
Dave713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #10
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

If you time it correctly you might see someone getting married at the boardwalk gazebo.

I like the boardwalk best at night...

Places we've stayed (19 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991);MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999) ; Offsite(2000); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010, 2014); AKV(2013--2x)
Husband and Wife Get-A-Way (2006) Read about it and see PICTURES of it HERE
J and R's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #11
sethschroeder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
IMHO, Boardwalk is kind of a letdown. At night there are two adult clubs which seem to get reasonable attendance. On the BW itself there are a few carnival games and some buskers. After you've walked the length and perhaps stopped for an adult beverage you've pretty much done it all.
We loved staying there last year and will be back with another Boardwalk view this year as well.

Just walking the boardwalk and leaving isn't doing justice to the buskers. There is quite a few buskers through the evening and a good variety of acts that we really liked watching. Also if you didn't stop to eat at Kouzina's or Fly-Fish you missed one of the great Disney restaurants.

Finally watching the boats move in and out of the dock is a nice escape after a long day at the park and is nice and relaxing. If your looking for some place for the kids this is not it and it more adult oriented which is why we prefer it.
1984 Born; 1985 DL; 1989 WDW; 1991 DL; 2013 BWI CL- (Honeymoon); 2014 September 3-14 - BWV - (Celebrating 1st Anniversary); 2014 September 14-15 - UNI RPR
sethschroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:34 AM   #12
auntyjenn
If you can't say it with a puppet, its not worth saying
I must laugh every time too, because I just did

Thanks everyone. Sounds like something my husband and I might enjoy more as a date night/casual kind of thing.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #13
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

It is a great place for a lovely evening stroll. (If your feet aren't hurting too badly from a day in the parks.)
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #14
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

When I go to BW, I usually sleep, shower, sit on my balcony and watch life go by beneath me. Oh, that's not what you meant?
The first time I saw the BW area was back in '03. We took the boat over from Epcot...really didn't know you could easily walk! We stood there, just looking at it, and my dh said, and I quote, 'This is the only place I would consider buying into that Vacation Club thing!' We owned there in 2 months!!!!

I'm one that doesn't really think there is that much to do, that warrants a special trip over. Yes, there is Jellrolls...I love JRs. Atlantic Dance is seldom full, never been there. And there are wandering magicians, jugglers and musicians. But that's at night. I seldom stop and watch anymore. Once you've seen the acts, it gets old...at least for me, as an adult. But, I love that area. I enjoy just sitting on a bench and watching life go by.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #15
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Agreed.

People who spend time at the BW must have found something I'm missing - we aren't super impressed but it is a nice walk!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: