Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
Dancersmom2
Earning My Ears

What Would You Do

I have dinner reservations at Via Napoli for New Year's Eve for myself, my DD, and my DH. My DD's friend is now going along on the trip with us and I cannot change the reservation for that night from 3 people to 4. They are completely booked for the night and when I called Disney Dining to see if we could just add 1 person to our reservation I was told absolutely not. I know for a fact that if it were just the 3 of us we would be seated at a 4 person table and there would be an empty spot. Now I am normally a play by the rules kind of person but I am not sure what to do at this point. Do I cancel the reservation all together and go some where else, do I call again and see if another person would make the change for us, or do I just keep the reservation for 3 and then show up with 4 and hope they still let us in? What would you do????
Dancersmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
Scottishbrit
Mouseketeer

I would think the same thing, your probably going to get a 4 top table since it's the 3 of you. I understand they are very busy that night but I'm sure they know they will have a few situations. I would keep your reservation for now and just keep checking back to see what they can do. But really I don't see it as a major problem. LOVE Via Napoli!

Scottishbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
LarryFmScotland
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

I bet they let you all in.
LarryFmScotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

If they are at capacity the extra person won't be seated. If you show up with an extra guest and are told they won't be seated, what will you do? If no one stays for the meal you will be charged the per person no show fee.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #5
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Restaurants board.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
pbruce706
Mouseketeer

I would book another reservation at another restaurant as a back up, and as others have said, keep checking to see if there are cancellations that Via Napoli could take the four of you. If so, cancel the back up, if not, cancel Via Napoli a few days before going.

The worst situation would be if you showed up and they refused to sit all four of you, and you'd not have anywhere else to go for a nice sit down meal.

Good luck!

Old 07-12-2014, 02:09 AM   #7
Disney Khaleesi
Old member, new name

There's a good chance you'll still be seated, since a party of 3 is usually seated at a 4-top.

However there is always a chance they turn you away, and then as PP mentioned you'd be charged the no-show fee.

I would try to find ressies for 4 at a different place. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Dad Me(16) Kitty #1 Kitty #2

Walt Disney World: 2001, 2003, 2013, 2014
Disneyland: 2009
Universal Orlando: 2013
Disney Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:16 AM   #8
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancersmom2 View Post
. . . What would you do????

1) Get a ressie for (4) people or go elsewhere.
2) Via Napoli DOES HAVE tables for three people (aka, 3-top).
3) If you have been scheduled for one, there is no way to squeeze a fourth person.
4) Someone mighy be standing outside with nose pressed against the window watching others eat.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #9
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancersmom2 View Post
I have dinner reservations at Via Napoli for New Year's Eve for myself, my DD, and my DH. My DD's friend is now going along on the trip with us and I cannot change the reservation for that night from 3 people to 4. They are completely booked for the night and when I called Disney Dining to see if we could just add 1 person to our reservation I was told absolutely not. I know for a fact that if it were just the 3 of us we would be seated at a 4 person table and there would be an empty spot. Now I am normally a play by the rules kind of person but I am not sure what to do at this point. Do I cancel the reservation all together and go some where else, do I call again and see if another person would make the change for us, or do I just keep the reservation for 3 and then show up with 4 and hope they still let us in? What would you do????
Have the friend eat elsewhere and meet up with her later.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: