Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
Lou1982
Earning My Ears

Contemporary resort garden wing

We (Me, DH, DD1(4) and DS2(2) currently have a 14 night reservation at the caribbean beach resort for next feb/march.

I'm thinking if changing this to a room at the contemporary, garden wing, garden view.

Any one have any thoughts on this and does anyone know, if you use the self-parking at the contemporary can you park near the garden wing?

Many thanks!
Lou1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #2
CadMaster
Earning My Ears

Stayed in the Graden Wing several years ago. Yes, there is a parking lot (not huge) back by the Garden Wing. Parked my car in that lot for the week I was there.
CadMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou1982 View Post
We (Me, DH, DD1(4) and DS2(2) currently have a 14 night reservation at the caribbean beach resort for next feb/march.

I'm thinking if changing this to a room at the contemporary, garden wing, garden view.

Any one have any thoughts on this and does anyone know, if you use the self-parking at the contemporary can you park near the garden wing?

Many thanks!
There is some parking by the garden wing, overall I would say the parking is about equal on average to cb (walking distance - closest vs farthest)
Cr huge plus is walking to mk and monorail to Epcot
The pool and kiddie area is the plus at cb
Both rooms are nice but of course cb is cheaper
Old 07-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
CadMaster
Earning My Ears

When you pull up the the main entrance, tell the valet that you are going to self-park. I had to give him the keys, in case they need to move the car while I was checking in. Checked-in, came back out, got the car and drove around to the parking lot in front of the Garden Wing.
CadMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

You can absolutely park near the Garden View rooms. We stayed there three years ago and parked right outside of our building and it was very convenient.

The pool is also very close and getting to the Tower is not very hard or far.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:15 AM   #6
Lou1982
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
You can absolutely park near the Garden View rooms. We stayed there three years ago and parked right outside of our building and it was very convenient.

The pool is also very close and getting to the Tower is not very hard or far.
Thanks all!

Now to decide if its worth the extra money!!
Lou1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:59 AM   #7
Liberator
Mouseketeer

I have not stayed at either of those resorts, BUT:

With 2 adults and 2 infants for 14 nights, you will be happy about the extra space in the room. CR standard rooms are among the largest on property.

If you request a ground floor room and your request will be granted, the patio will be a perfect substitute to the non-existent balconies in the garden wing. Imagine sitting on the patio in the morning, enjoying a coffee while your kids are still sleeping :-)

The possibility to walk with your children to MK and back will be a huge plus, especially in the afternoon or evening when your children are tired and you need to get back to the room fast. Your DD will love the monorail (I guess every child loves the monorail)!

When you take a look at the map of the garden wing, some of the rooms at the far end of the building have a view of Bay Lake. These may be a few steps more to get there, but if you don't mind walking, you will be fine and have a perfect view. These rooms are categorized as "Garden View" and can be requested.

If you can afford the price difference from CBR to CR, do it!

WDW visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 All Star Sports *** 2013 Split Stay Wilderness Lodge / Pop Century

Universal Orlando visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 Offsite *** 2013 Royal Pacific Resort
Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: