Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Carb it up! 8 days of pre- and post race food! Feb. 2014 - Be our Guest

Welcome to the dining review for my trip from last February (I know, it took me forever to get it up here!). We were in the World for 8 days - first for the Princess Half Marathon weekend, where I ran the Enchanted 10k, and then we stayed for about a week to have some vacation time! This was our longest trip since our honeymoon in September 2011 so we had plenty of time to try lots of foods!

Before the race we made sure we had a carb-loaded meal for running. And afterward, well... I just love carbs Pasta and bread are some of my absolute favorite foods, but I try to really moderate when I'm home. But on vacation, I'm free!

Where We Ate:

Landscape of Flavors (AoA Food Court)
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Via Napoli
Leaning Palms (Typhoon Lagoon)
California Grill
Be Our Guest (lunch)
Ohana
Spice Road Table
La Hacienda de San Angel
Hollywood Brown Derby (Dine with an Imagineer)
Boatwright's
Pizzafari
Sanaa
Cookes of Dublin

About Us

I figured you might want to know a little bit about the people eating the food, too!

Iím Becky, 25 years old at the time of this trip. Iím the big Disney lover in this relationship, though itís growing on DH. By day I work as a childrenís librarian, but my other big thing is my Disney blog! Itís called Disney in your Day (www.disneyinyourday.com), and I absolutely love writing it. I also do theater as a hobby. And Iíve become a runner recently. So those things take up pretty much all of my time!

DH joined me for this trip! We've been married for almost 3 years. Heís not as big into Disney as I am, but itís definitely growing on him the more trips we take. In fact, he even said we can buy DVC once my student loans are paid off! Heís a software developer by day and spends his free time both creating and playing video games.

We also met up with some friends of mine that were running the races that weekend! Some of our dinners early on in the trip were with them as well

If you're interested in following my TR too, here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51824278

And the first food review will be up soon!

Last edited by librarygeek; 09-13-2014 at 02:16 PM.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

I'm here Becky! I'll be hoping over to your TR now too, since I know there'll be some familiar faces coming up

Bring on the food!!

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #3
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
I'm here Becky! I'll be hoping over to your TR now too, since I know there'll be some familiar faces coming up

Bring on the food!!
Glad you're here!!
Old 07-10-2014, 03:59 AM   #4
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Great lineup you had!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-10-2014, 05:28 AM   #5
phabric
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to your reviews. We will be going to some of the same restaurants.
phabric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #6
Adgie128
Earning My Ears

Joining in, too!

I'm a runner, too, and we're around the same age. Going to WDW with my DBF next month for his very first visit ever. I'm hoping he warms up to it quickly. Looking forward to following along to see where you guys ate and how you liked it. BTW, isn't runDisney the best excuse for a trip? I did Wine and Dine last year and had an incredible time.

Adgie128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #8
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Great lineup you had!!

It was all pretty delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabric View Post
Looking forward to your reviews. We will be going to some of the same restaurants.
Awesome, I hope you enjoy them too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adgie128 View Post
Joining in, too!

I'm a runner, too, and we're around the same age. Going to WDW with my DBF next month for his very first visit ever. I'm hoping he warms up to it quickly. Looking forward to following along to see where you guys ate and how you liked it. BTW, isn't runDisney the best excuse for a trip? I did Wine and Dine last year and had an incredible time.
That's so cool! I would love to do wine and dine eventually. I hope your DBF loves Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Becky! Of course, I'm in (now that I remembered there was a DR forum )!
Haha glad you're here!
Old 07-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #9
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Landscape of Flavors

We had heard such great things about the AoA Food Court that I knew we had to schedule a meal here. So after we hit up the running expo we went back to the resort for lunch. There are a lot of stations to look at, but once I figured out what I wanted I headed there.

The seating area has 4 different sections, each themed after the 4 movies at AoA. We chose to sit in the Finding Nemo section, because it was near the windows and had a nice view of everything.

For his meal, DH got the surf and surf burger ( Crab cake topped with fried popcorn shrimp, tomato, lettuce,and cajun remoulade on a brioche bun served with coleslaw or House seasoned fries):

I was a little jealous of this meal because it looked so good (but there were other things I wanted to try!). He gave it an 8 out of 10 and said it definitely exceeded his expectations for a food court meal. And the fries were a really nice touch - they were seasoned and way better than regular Disney fries because of that!

I went with the tandoori shrimp, which came with naan bread, rice, and two sides (I believe I chose potatoes and some sort of squash):

This was delicious! Everything was just so full of flavor. And it was a lot of food, but not the type where you eat so much and then you're sick. I give it an 8.5 out of 10. They had a lot of choices for the sides, and it's nice to really have some variety.

Overall we give Landscape of Flavors an 8.5 out of 10, and it's definitely hands down the best resort quick service we've been to so far! I normally include pricing but I seem to have lost my receipt for this one - easy enough to look up if you're really interested though!
Old 07-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #10
Adgie128
Earning My Ears

I loved my meal at the AoA food court last summer. Your choices looked great and way better than a normal CS!

Adgie128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #11
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Oh that Surf and Surf burger, one day you shall be mine! We've tried to catch lunch at AoA twice but only ever managed breakfast. And mmmmm seasoned fries.

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #12
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adgie128 View Post
I loved my meal at the AoA food court last summer. Your choices looked great and way better than a normal CS!
They had so many great choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
Oh that Surf and Surf burger, one day you shall be mine! We've tried to catch lunch at AoA twice but only ever managed breakfast. And mmmmm seasoned fries.
We didn't get around to breakfast. I hope that was good too though!
Old 07-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #13
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

AOA food court sounds like it's a great QS choice.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #14
jabead
DIS Veteran

Great start to your reviews! I'd really like to try that Surf and Surf Burger at LoF sometime.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #15
NinePoundLemon
Earning My Ears

Joining in here too.....Landscape of Flavors sounds awesome. I love the variety of sides, that's definitely a plus. I think on my next trip I'll try to head over to AOA to look around and have lunch.
NinePoundLemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: