Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 02:00 AM   #16
TuneTownMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
Yes and no he doesn't have all the say in this project but he does have some. That's why many reports came out that the boat ride was axed. I think Disney is going to do what is planned no more no less.
I hope this is not OT, but could you elaborate on this (James Cameron only having some say)?

TuneTownMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:38 AM   #17
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Based on what I have seen and heard I am very excited for avatar
So, i have no attachment to the movie avatar, but that doesnt stop me from being excited and hopeful for avatarland....its going to be eye candy and new! But i would hVe N attachment and be thrilled beyond belief to have star wars - even if it was from the prequil series....
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2014, 06:47 AM   #18
amy lou
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel_disney View Post
So, i have no attachment to the movie avatar, but that doesnt stop me from being excited and hopeful for avatarland....its going to be eye candy and new! But i would hVe N attachment and be thrilled beyond belief to have star wars - even if it was from the prequil series....
I wasn't too attached to the storyline of Avatar, but visually it's stunning. I'm starting to have high hopes for that area of AK.

I'm not much of a Star Wars fan either but looking forward to see what'll happen there.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #19
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiesDad View Post
I think an Endor/Naboo land would have people much more excited than Avatar Land.

While I am happy for any expansion, I couldn't tell endor/naboo from oz if my life depended on it. I think you would be surprised how many fit in this category.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #20
Josh Hendy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
While I am happy for any expansion, I couldn't tell endor/naboo from oz if my life depended on it. I think you would be surprised how many fit in this category.
There is much in which you say. While my teen DDs know Harry Potter storyline and movies extremely well and were dying to visit WWoHP a couple of years ago, only one of them saw Avatar and wasn't extremely impressed. None have seen any Star Wars film, they're not intrigued by the series, and wouldn't know Naboo, Endor, or Luke Skywalker's moisture farm from a hole in the ground! Only one of them would ride Star Tours II with me 4 times in order to check out all the different planets, partly out of politeness and partly out of a mild interest in sci-fi.

They will enjoy any kind of Soarin' -like or Jurassic Park -like Avatar ride plus the environment if well themed but won't be nagging me to book a trip because of it. If I'm to get them interested in Star Wars land it will take a lot of tedious explanation of the movies, the characters, the planets, etc.

However they are big Disney fans in general and after visiting Universal/IOA for the first time a few years ago made a point of telling me, "we like Disney better overall". It's mostly a matter of the differences in noise and intensity of the rides, and the happier, more magical feeling at WDW.

Not being interested at all in Star Wars, it would take a fun-looking coaster about as intense as Everest, Mummy or Space Mountain to interest them very much in Star Wars land ... but it would have to be less intense than Dragon Challange or the Hulk or they're not going to ride it more than once.
Josh Hendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #21
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes and no he doesn't have all the say in this project but he does have some. That's why many reports came out that the boat ride was axed. I think Disney is going to do what is planned no more no less.
He has a lot more say then people think he does. He has enough say in that they cant just go in and do whatever they want to the land. He is like Rowling in that the land to a certain extent has to be to his liking.
Figmentforever24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #22
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hendy View Post
None have seen any Star Wars film, they're not intrigued by the series, and wouldn't know Naboo, Endor, or Luke Skywalker's moisture farm from a hole in the ground!
One of those things IS a hole in the ground.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #23
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuneTownMagic View Post
I hope this is not OT, but could you elaborate on this (James Cameron only having some say)?
James cameron has said that disney imagineering is the ones working on theses projects. He is focused on his new movies. He gives them the platform on which they work. James cameron is not involved in every little detail. James cameron would be involved in something like taking away part of the plans though. That of course wouldn't make him very happy. Disney seems to have a strict budget for this project and they really don't want to go over on it.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #24
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hendy View Post
There is much in which you say. While my teen DDs know Harry Potter storyline and movies extremely well and were dying to visit WWoHP a couple of years ago, only one of them saw Avatar and wasn't extremely impressed. None have seen any Star Wars film, they're not intrigued by the series, and wouldn't know Naboo, Endor, or Luke Skywalker's moisture farm from a hole in the ground! Only one of them would ride Star Tours II with me 4 times in order to check out all the different planets, partly out of politeness and partly out of a mild interest in sci-fi.

They will enjoy any kind of Soarin' -like or Jurassic Park -like Avatar ride plus the environment if well themed but won't be nagging me to book a trip because of it. If I'm to get them interested in Star Wars land it will take a lot of tedious explanation of the movies, the characters, the planets, etc.

However they are big Disney fans in general and after visiting Universal/IOA for the first time a few years ago made a point of telling me, "we like Disney better overall". It's mostly a matter of the differences in noise and intensity of the rides, and the happier, more magical feeling at WDW.

Not being interested at all in Star Wars, it would take a fun-looking coaster about as intense as Everest, Mummy or Space Mountain to interest them very much in Star Wars land ... but it would have to be less intense than Dragon Challange or the Hulk or they're not going to ride it more than once.
The big thing about disney is they don't build coasters like dragon challenge or hulk. Disneys coasters are indoors or in a mountain. I would expect a similar type of attraction for star wars.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #25
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmentforever24 View Post
He has a lot more say then people think he does. He has enough say in that they cant just go in and do whatever they want to the land. He is like Rowling in that the land to a certain extent has to be to his liking.
Of course it has to be to his liking but warner brothers and JK were very very involved in everything that went into potter at Uni. Cameron is not as much involved as they are. Cameron has put his trust in disney while he works on his new movies.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #26
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Volcano Bay Speculation from Disney & More
It is believed that the rumored volcano bay watermark for universal may have a similar look to the plans that were originally for Disneyland Paris's rumored Lava lagoon watermark. Before Universal Creative Thierry Coup worked for Disney on Disneyland Paris, he was part of the planning of Lava lagoon. That leads to the speculation of a similar looking watermark at Universal. http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...park-that.html

Here is more rumors on the Soarin expansion this is from Screamscape
"Soarin’ Over The Horizon - Rumor - (7/10/14) Screamscape sources tell us that the office trailers behind Soarin’ have been emptied out and the loading / storage area behind the ride is currently in the process of being cleared out as well. Another rumor going around the park now is that there are two expansion plans, one which would add a 3rd theater to the attraction and a second more expensive option that would add two new theaters to the attraction instead. The later plan would take up much more room however, and require more changes to be made to the backstage infrastructure to accommodate it."

And in Disneyland News, a new interactive game called Legends of the Frontier: Gold Rush is taking place in frontierland at Disneyland. You pick your role and go around to different interactive areas in Frontierland. For more info on this new game at Disneyland go to the Disney parks blog.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #27
Goofy1976
Earning My Ears

Want to see more changes at Epcot.Currently they offer few rides that appeal to me and the only real value of Epcot is to eat and drink.
Goofy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #28
rteetz
DIS Veteran

The new ratatouille attraction and restaurant have officially opened today at The Walt Disney Studios park.

La Place de Remy is the name of the area and people in Paris are loving the place. The ride has soft opened about a week ago and the new trackless attraction seems to be attracting guests.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...place-de-remy/

Old 07-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #29
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Coca-Cola's "Share A Coke" tour is coming to Epcot this weekend, giving guests a chance to create a complimentary personalized "Share a Coke" product.

Taking place in the Innoventions hallway, just outside the exit of Club Cool, the experience will take place today, through to Sunday July 13 2014. Hours are 10:30am to 4:30pm while supplies last.

The experience lets you create a personalized label for a 7.5oz can of a Coca Cola beverage.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/...d-at-epcot.htm

Old 07-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #30
rteetz
DIS Veteran

For those Club 33 members and fans out there the new menu is out from the new head chef Andrew Sutton.
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/0...nd-restaurant/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: