Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

News Round Up

Alright everyone here we go! Time to start part two of the very popular news thread. Lets avoid the comments about how confusing it is to switch threads and lets get this show on the road.

1. Universal Orlando has just filed a trademark name "Volcano Bay". Is this the new name for that new rumored water park? Or is this just something they plan to add to Wet and Wild?

2. Also at Universal sad news coming from the Kong expansion. There was just some MASSIVE budget cuts taken to the ride so you can imagine things were scaled back big. This ride is reverting more to the version you see in Hollywood just more expanded and in a temple setting. Many of the giant AA's planned for the ride are cut with the exception of one or two at the time. More details as they come.

3. Dinosaur to see some work during the overnight hours. This ahead of when the parks begins to operate during those night hours that are coming very soon. No idea as to what they will do.

4. The Frozen overlay in Norway just had so MAJOR money thrown at it. What was expected to be a cheap overlay may just be a little more. Setting aside the thoughts of Frozen being there, the ride may see some big upgrades to make this a whole new experience.
Figmentforever24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmentforever24 View Post
Alright everyone here we go! Time to start part two of the very popular news thread. Lets avoid the comments about how confusing it is to switch threads and lets get this show on the road.

1. Universal Orlando has just filed a trademark name "Volcano Bay". Is this the new name for that new rumored water park? Or is this just something they plan to add to Wet and Wild?

2. Also at Universal sad news coming from the Kong expansion. There was just some MASSIVE budget cuts taken to the ride so you can imagine things were scaled back big. This ride is reverting more to the version you see in Hollywood just more expanded and in a temple setting. Many of the giant AA's planned for the ride are cut with the exception of one or two at the time. More details as they come.

3. Dinosaur to see some work during the overnight hours. This ahead of when the parks begins to operate during those night hours that are coming very soon. No idea as to what they will do.

4. The Frozen overlay in Norway just had so MAJOR money thrown at it. What was expected to be a cheap overlay may just be a little more. Setting aside the thoughts of Frozen being there, the ride may see some big upgrades to make this a whole new experience.
1. There is some construction going on in areas that universal owns. A large plot of land between cabana bay and portofino bay is seeing a lot of dirt moving.
3. Haven't heard anything about this interested to see what comes out of that.
4. The frozen project is supposed to still happen yet some disney execs are now starting to question how popular Frozen will still be in 2016 when the ride will supposedly open. They are looking at a closure in January with a 15-18 month rebuild. The track will stay the same. The Norway movie will go away and that will help with a new reworked queue for the attraction.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
1. There is some construction going on in areas that universal owns. A large plot of land between cabana bay and portofino bay is seeing a lot of dirt moving.
3. Haven't heard anything about this interested to see what comes out of that.
4. The frozen project is supposed to still happen yet some disney execs are now starting to question how popular Frozen will still be in 2016 when the ride will supposedly open. They are looking at a closure in January with a 15-18 month rebuild. The track will stay the same. The Norway movie will go away and that will help with a new reworked queue for the attraction.
I really don't see the Frozen hype dying down anytime soon, and the ride would only lift up the hype even more. Also ive come to accept that Frozen is going there. You know I hate it cause that is not where I want it to go, but I know there is nothing that is changing at this point. So I really hope these rumors are true that they are going to strongly invest in the ride....even if the track is the same.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Jim Hill a respected name in the business just did an interview with mousechat. I know jim Hill hasn't been the best at these things as of late but here is what he said was happening in WDW.

1. Frozen in maelstrom. Closure happening in january 15-18 month build time, norway movie goes away, new reworked queue, Anna and Elsa meet and greet may also make a return to Norway.

2. Star Wars in WDW, construction was supposed to start january 2014, Bob Iger stepped in and said lets wait we are rewriting the script for episode 7, construction will now start in january 2015. Indiana Jones will stay until 2017 because they have private events booked there until then, and they now own the right to jones. a x-wing spinner ride will happen. this is all taking place in echo lake. sounds dangerous building now becomes jedi training building with a new Yoda AA. Speeder Bike Attraction also likely.

3. Star wars in DLR, construction to start in maybe 2016 after the 60th anniversary, subs go away, autopia goes away, star wars goes in

4. DCA gets an autopia like attraction in cars land

5. Disney regrets Avatar, if they would've known George Lucas was selling they would have never made a deal with James cameron.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #5
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jim Hill a respected name in the business just did an interview with mousechat. I know jim Hill hasn't been the best at these things as of late but here is what he said was happening in WDW.

1. Frozen in maelstrom. Closure happening in january 15-18 month build time, norway movie goes away, new reworked queue, Anna and Elsa meet and greet may also make a return to Norway.

2. Star Wars in WDW, construction was supposed to start january 2014, Bob Iger stepped in and said lets wait we are rewriting the script for episode 7, construction will now start in january 2015. Indiana Jones will stay until 2017 because they have private events booked there until then, and they now own the right to jones. a x-wing spinner ride will happen. this is all taking place in echo lake. sounds dangerous building now becomes jedi training building with a new Yoda AA. Speeder Bike Attraction also likely.

3. Star wars in DLR, construction to start in maybe 2016 after the 60th anniversary, subs go away, autopia goes away, star wars goes in

4. DCA gets an autopia like attraction in cars land

5. Disney regrets Avatar, if they would've known George Lucas was selling they would have never made a deal with James cameron.
1. The Frozen thing is bound to happen and ive started to actually get excited for it since I know its coming no matter what.

2. That sounds like a decent Star Wars land. It will cover a decent amount of space but wont take over the park. Also like ive said before waiting for the new movies is so much smarter for Disney then trying to rush it.

3. Disneyland getting Star Wars is also bound to happen.

4. Carsland has had room for a new ride and something like Autopia would actually be pretty smart.

5. I bet you Disney does regret Avatar. It was a knee jerk reaction to Harry Potter yet I know they will make it right.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #6
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
1. The Frozen thing is bound to happen and ive started to actually get excited for it since I know its coming no matter what.

2. That sounds like a decent Star Wars land. It will cover a decent amount of space but wont take over the park. Also like ive said before waiting for the new movies is so much smarter for Disney then trying to rush it.

3. Disneyland getting Star Wars is also bound to happen.

4. Carsland has had room for a new ride and something like Autopia would actually be pretty smart.

5. I bet you Disney does regret Avatar. It was a knee jerk reaction to Harry Potter yet I know they will make it right.
I also forgot to add with that addition to cars land Jim says that Luigis flying tires would go away, they are a CM night mare. John Lasseter was the one that wanted them.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This one I don't buy. OK, maybe they DO regret Avatar but I doubt it's because they now own Lucasfilm. They already had a good relationship with Lucas. Making a deal with him for more theme park rights would have been a lot easier than dealing with Cameron.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:14 PM   #8
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
This one I don't buy. OK, maybe they DO regret Avatar but I doubt it's because they now own Lucasfilm. They already had a good relationship with Lucas. Making a deal with him for more theme park rights would have been a lot easier than dealing with Cameron.
I agree I am just reporting what was in the interview

Old 07-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #9
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree I am just reporting what was in the interview
They also know Cameron is not going to let them get away with anything.....nothing. They wont be cutting corners in this land that's for sure, because he will make sure it is exactly right down to the small details.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:57 PM   #10
jon18uk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This is a new hotel / hotel extension http://www.parkscope.net/2014/06/uor...ic-resort.html
jon18uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #11
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon18uk View Post
This is a new hotel / hotel extension http://www.parkscope.net/2014/06/uor...ic-resort.html
Yes they have filed permits for multiply areas it could be phase three of cabana bay and portofino bay or even a new hotel. They have three areas with permits some day as many as three hotels could come.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:18 PM   #12
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They also know Cameron is not going to let them get away with anything.....nothing. They wont be cutting corners in this land that's for sure, because he will make sure it is exactly right down to the small details.
Yes and no he doesn't have all the say in this project but he does have some. That's why many reports came out that the boat ride was axed. I think Disney is going to do what is planned no more no less.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #13
AddiesDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I think an Endor/Naboo land would have people much more excited than Avatar Land.

AddiesDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #14
KYMickey
Adding EARS to Kentucky!

Location: Louisville Kentucky, home of the Derby and the 2014 TPC championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiesDad View Post
I think an Endor/Naboo land would have people much more excited than Avatar Land.

I think most people would have thought anything would be more exciting than Avatar Land!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #15
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMickey View Post
I think most people would have thought anything would be more exciting than Avatar Land!
Based on what I have seen and heard I am very excited for avatar

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: