Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
JennK20
Earning My Ears

Help me choose where to eat!

I'm coming up on my 180 days, and I need help figuring out where to eat. Originally, I was going on this trip with my SO who is a total foodie. We decided on no DDP, so I don't have to worry about point assignment.

However, he is no longer going with me, and my brothers are joining me instead. I thought it would be easier to not have to worry about getting to the signature places and too many sit-down meals to count... but now I have to worry about cost. We are staying at Kidani for 7 nights, with at least 4 days in the parks. We have no problem traveling around the World, and are open for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner.

So that being said, what are your must-do counter-services places?

JennK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
ArmyWife3-4
DIS Veteran

Columbia Harbor House - MK
Flame Tree BBQ - AK
The Mara - AKL
Tangerine Cafe - EP
Boardwalk Bakery - Boardwalk
Earl of Sandwich - DTD

So many great options all over the parks for CS!
Many trips as a child * Honeymoon - POFQ Aug 2007 * 1st Anniversary while DH was deployed - POFQ Aug 2008 * DH's R&R trip - WL Apr 2009 * Expedition Everest Challenge with DH - Sept 26, 2009 - Beach Club * Princess Half Marathon 2010 - I DID IT! POFQ * Girls Trip August 2010 - Upgraded to AP's! - POFQ * Magical Christmas Trip with dear friends - December 2010 - WL Villas * Princess Half Marathon Feb/Mar 2011 - I DID IT - AGAIN! - AKL * Inaugural Tinkerbell Half Marathon January 2012 - Grand Californian Resort - Disneyland - Third time's a charm!* From Alaska to the mouse! - WL - Matthew's First Birthday - November 2013! * Just the girls! Pre-Christmas with the Mouse - December 7-11, 2014 - WL *

Loving life in Alaska, but we're far too far away from my favorite Mouse!

We're adopting from Ethiopia!
ArmyWife3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Flame Tree in AK
My DDs love the Yak and Yeti CS...I think it's meh.

Tangierine Cafe in Morocco
Kringla in Norway
Gonna try Mexico out in Aug

Wolfgang Puck Express in DtD

For resorts, my 2 fave resort CS places are: BC and SSR
lovin'fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
JennK20
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the suggestions! I had Flame Tree on my last trip and it was very good, so that's definitely on my list. I had a friend tell me that Sanaa was the BEST place she'd ever eaten, so that's a must... would you still do Mara? I mean, we ARE going to be on property so it's not a hardship

I love Mexican food, and somehow completely missed all of Mexico on our last trip to EPCOT... let me know what you tried and how it was when you get back!!

Old 07-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
FMAfan
Mouseketeer

Favorite CS:
Columbia Harbour House (MK) Good seafood, try to find a seat upstairs by a window
Katsura Grill (Epcot, Japan) Great variety, loved the Tempura Shrimp Udon I got there last time, try sitting outside by the pond- it's quite peaceful and relaxing
Tangerine Cafe (Epcot, Morocco) interesting, adventurous choices, and large portions
"Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth."-Alphonse Elric

Make pasta, not war.

FMAfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
ForeDisney
Fla. Res. AP Holder

MK: Columbia Harbour House
HS: Backlot Express
EPCOT: Kringla Bakeri
AK: Yak and Yeti
DTD: Earl of Sandwich
Boardwalk: Boardwalk Bakery
ForeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
1stTimeDisneyer
DIS Veteran

DTD Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich
DHS-Starring Rolls- get there early as they sell out and close early
Epcot-Mexico is good, not the best I have had. We prefer to head toward the boardwalk or beach club. Boardwalk we split meals at ESPN Club and Beach's and Cream is great.

Are you able to get the Tables in Wonderland or use DVC to same some money?

Here we come May 2009! Me DH DMom DDad

1stTimeDisneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:50 PM   #8
tinan
DIS Veteran

Restaurants

MK: We usually have lunch at Casey's, we like Liberty Tree Tavern and also enjoy Crystal Palace for breakast

Epcot: We prefer the German counter service over the sit down and Le Cellier was good prior to them raising that in recent years

AK: Yak and Yeti

HS: We usually hop to this park and if we get anything just snacks (haven't found anything here that we really love)

Wilderness Lodge: We enjoy Whispering Canyon Café

Campground: We always make time to go to Trail's End and enjoy Hoop Dee Doo Revue

Polynesian: Kona café for breakfast. We used to love O'hana with a dinner reservation to see the MK fireworks but were disappointed in our meals on the last trip
Old 07-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #9
JennK20
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeDisneyer View Post
DTD Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich
DHS-Starring Rolls- get there early as they sell out and close early
Epcot-Mexico is good, not the best I have had. We prefer to head toward the boardwalk or beach club. Boardwalk we split meals at ESPN Club and Beach's and Cream is great.

Are you able to get the Tables in Wonderland or use DVC to same some money?
I'm not sure if I can use the DVC as we rented the points off of my good friend. ESPN Club is an option I keep forgetting about!

Old 07-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #10
The Great Oz
Earning My Ears

Starring Rolls Café at Studios, Kringla at Norway in Epcot, Sunshine Seasons at The Land in Epcot, and Earl of Sandwich at DTD.
We also enjoy Columbia Harbor House, Yorkshire? Fish at Epcot and others as well but the first 4 are usually a must.
The Great Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #11
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Sanaa is one of my faves...very very good. Mara, I'd skip. We did one meal at Mara and thought it wasn't that great.
lovin'fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:42 AM   #12
SunshinesOrangeBird
Earning My Ears

Epcot has the best Mexican restaurants in the U.S. (So far from what I have tried) The Mexican quick pick is absolutely delicious. They offer the same variety as any Mexican place, nachos to tacos. However, what is really good is San Angels Inn. When you each at the restuarant it is not your typical Mexican food but gourmet. San Angels Inn is a must! But if you only want to do quick picks than the Mexican place is good.

I also recommend:

England- Fish and Chips (Epcot)
France- French Bakery (Epcot)
ABC Commissary (DHS)
Flame Tree BBQ (DAK)
Columbian Harbor House (MK)- There is always seating upstaires

I DO NOT Recommend:

China or Japan's quick pick, but restaurants are great
America- Not worth it
Pecos Bills (MK)- Long lines always, buffet taco salads, not worth the wait or money
Yak and Yeti (DAK) this quick pick is expensive for the food.

"Everybody say good bye to the people at the docks, because this could be the last time you ever see them again."-

SunshinesOrangeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #13
JennK20
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone!! Lots of good suggestions! SunshinesOrangeBird, San Angels Inn was on my list to try, I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! Do you have any ordering suggestions?

Your DO-NOT Recommend list was a good idea-- does anyone have a place that we should STAY AWAY from? Bad food/Bad service? My brothers don't quite get my Disney love and I want them to have a great first trip! A list of places to avoid would be just as welcome as a must-have list!

Old 07-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #14
Cando86
Mouseketeer

MK: Columbia Harbor House & Pecos Bills (for the taco salad especially) are great
Epcot: Tangierine Café in Morroco is a great value with awesome food if you're into middle eastern food like chicken shawarma, tabbouli, falafel etc.
HS: Ehh...here, it's choosing the best of the worst. Not much here in terms of CS, though I've heard better reviews of Min & Bill's Dockside Diner (pretzel bun hot dog) and Starring Rolls for sandwiches
AK: Flametree BBQ is fantastic
DTD: Wolfgang Puck Express was one of the best meals I ate in Disney!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: