Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
kbmartin
Mouseketeer

Fulton's vs. Raglan Road

Our first ADR for our "Disneymoon" is at Fulton's. My DH and I really enjoy seafood - especially lobster and crab, which we order rarely due to the price (but we'll splurge once on our trip). I've cancelled some of our other ADRs because it just seemed to be getting too expensive for what the reviews said (cancelled Le Cellier and Mama Melrose's). Now I'm starting to worry about Fulton's at DTD. This was going to be our most expensive meal, but judging from reviews it sounds like it's a completely hit or miss place, with food temperature problems, server issues, etc. It's too bad because their menu looks yummy.

We're going to be in DTD for the afternoon and VERY early evening (like just when lunch turns to dinner at restaurants). We'll be coming to DTD frequently throughout the trip for Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich... so we're not really looking for a QS meal there in case anyone would suggest it.

Should I switch our ADR to Raglan Road? My husband and I are big fans of fish-and-chips, but not much else on the menu appeals to me. I can see very obviously that Raglan Road has WAY better reviews. I bet that their fish-and-chips is fantastic, but I just don't think it will have the same appeal as the food offerings at Fulton's. And, we'll probably get fish-and-chips at least one other time on our trip - either at Columbia Harbor House or maybe at the Wizarding World at Universal.

Those of you who have been to both, please give me your two cents! I really want to pick a good place as it will be our first TS restaurant on the trip.

1992 - CBR - I was six years old and was so in love with the World! | 1994 - Offsite for Christmas : | 1996 - Offsite | 1999 - Offsite for Thanksgiving with Cousins | 2004 - Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Girls Trip | 2006 - POR Mom/Daughter Trip | 2007 - Offsite Spring Break Universal/Sea World Trip with Friends | 2014 - POR Delayed Honeymoon/First Anniversary Trip!!!
kbmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmartin View Post
Our first ADR for our "Disneymoon" is at Fulton's. My DH and I really enjoy seafood - especially lobster and crab, which we order rarely due to the price (but we'll splurge once on our trip). I've cancelled some of our other ADRs because it just seemed to be getting too expensive for what the reviews said (cancelled Le Cellier and Mama Melrose's). Now I'm starting to worry about Fulton's at DTD. This was going to be our most expensive meal, but judging from reviews it sounds like it's a completely hit or miss place, with food temperature problems, server issues, etc. It's too bad because their menu looks yummy.

We're going to be in DTD for the afternoon and VERY early evening (like just when lunch turns to dinner at restaurants). We'll be coming to DTD frequently throughout the trip for Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich... so we're not really looking for a QS meal there in case anyone would suggest it.

Should I switch our ADR to Raglan Road? My husband and I are big fans of fish-and-chips, but not much else on the menu appeals to me. I can see very obviously that Raglan Road has WAY better reviews. I bet that their fish-and-chips is fantastic, but I just don't think it will have the same appeal as the food offerings at Fulton's. And, we'll probably get fish-and-chips at least one other time on our trip - either at Columbia Harbor House or maybe at the Wizarding World at Universal.

Those of you who have been to both, please give me your two cents! I really want to pick a good place as it will be our first TS restaurant on the trip.
I've never been to Raglan but on the other hand I've been to Fultons several times and never had a bad experience.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
L&Lfan
DIS Veteran

We love them both and since you are real seafood lovers I'd stick with Fulton's. However, why don't you check out the menus for these other (primarily) seafood places?.......Flying Fish Café (Boardwalk), Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian) or bluezoo (Dolphin).
L&Lfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
PuppyPrincess
Too far from the Golden Dome and the Castle!

I love both restaurants. However, if I was going for fish n chips, I would head to Yorkshire Fish n Chips in Epcot. To me, they have the best fish n chips. I had the beef stew at Raglan Road and it was awesome. I have eaten at Fulton's twice now and have my ADR's for December! Can't wait to go back. My DH isn't a big seafood person, but there are steaks for him to enjoy at Fulton's. I haven't had a bad experience and my waiter both times was good.
PuppyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
atisikitabasket
Mom Always Said I was a Little Off

We have never tried Fulton's but Raglan is a must do every trip we love it. I always get the "it's not bleedin chowder" it has fish, shrimp, mussels and scallops in it. Yummy!!! However if you are just wanting fish and chips at downtown you could go next door to the QS spot Cooke's of Dublin. They server the same fish and chips as Raglan. They also have fried scallops, chicken, battered burger (my husband raves about) and fried shrimp so you can check out their menu too. Have a great trip!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #6
princessalyssa210
Earning My Ears

I would also suggest sticking with Fulton's! I am not a huge seafood fan and I LOVED it! My boyfriend and I are night owls and on our last trip we ate around 8 pm, and I would say we were there until about 10 (very nice and relaxing atmosphere, we found ourselves just sitting for awhile enjoying the ambiance). My boyfriend enjoyed his filet so much that he ALMOST convinced me into leaving to take his [literally] one and a half bites of steak back to the hotel and then returning back to DTD (we were already planning on having some drinks at other bars after dinner). All in all I explained to him that could be at least an hour round trip with wait times for buses and he didn't care because he enjoyed his filet that much! Needless to say I objected, so he overstuffed himself so that last bite didn't go to waste haha
princessalyssa210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: