Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
bless7ings
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 742

BEST counter service breakfast

Looking for the best counter service breakfast.

I am looking for taste, price and variety.
__________________

dh & me * ds26 * ds24 dd20 *dd18


dd11 *** dd9 ** ds7 * dd5 ** ds3** ds1
bless7ings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
RacetoSpaceMountain
Earning My Ears
 
RacetoSpaceMountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 18

My favorite thing to get for breakfast is the Nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow in the Magic Kingdom. You'll have to pay out of pocket because it's not covered by any dining plans, but it's only around $6.50 (I think, it could be more though).

Another place that gets mentioned a lot is the Starring Rolls Cafe in Hollywood Studios. They have some baked goods like muffins, cinnamon rolls, etc.
__________________


Me DW
RacetoSpaceMountain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 12,720

Are we talking a full breakfast or just a pastry/breakfast sandwich and a coffee? You can pick up a pastry or breakfast sandwich at Starbucks or one of the bakeries in the parks or at any resort cs place.

Aside from Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, all the cs full breakfasts will be at the resorts. And I can't see travelling to a different resort just for that. What resort are you staying at?
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
bless7ings
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 742

I am looking for variety of a full breakfast. I love breakfast! But some in our family just want bagel and cream cheese, breakfast sandwich or breakfast pizza. I am not sure I have seen breakfast pizzas?!?
__________________

dh & me * ds26 * ds24 dd20 *dd18


dd11 *** dd9 ** ds7 * dd5 ** ds3** ds1
bless7ings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
kaybird
DIS Veteran
 
kaybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sedgwick, KS usa
Posts: 3,771

SUPER breakfast pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. they also have wonderful omlettes, and a cornflake encrusted French Toast.

Capn Cooks at the Poly is great, and we love Pizzafari in AK
__________________
"We go fast, we go high, we fall far, we get cold, and we do finally get to see the Yeti himself"

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #6
bless7ings
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 742

We are staying at the Dolphin. My daughter is celebrating her 21st birthday and likes breakfast too and wants something with bacon or sausage etc. I did not want to do a buffet-too expensive, especially since most of the family would rather do a lunch or supper for the expensive meal. So, with that said I would entertain the idea of a nice breakfast in the park or somewhere else. BUT the criteria is the best breakfast with variety for a inexpensive amount, unless it is a big breakfast that can be split.

So far I have found from looking up menu's on ALLEars.com

Kouzzina by Cat Cora BoardWalk Resort - All Ears gives it a 9.0 from reader reviews.

Captain's Grille Yacht Club - 8.2 rating

Then with less for your money and good variety but less of a rating:

Beachclub Marketplace 6.4
Picabu at Dolphin 6.1

There was....but I nixed them:

Belle Vue Lounge
Boardwalk Bakery - actually I put questionable
Fresh Mediterranean Market at Dolphin
Garden Grove Breakfast at Swan


In Magic Kingdom there is:

Main Street Bakery - looks the best
Tomorrow Land Terrace
Casey's Corner

Does anyone have any reviews on any of these?

I have not had time to research the other parks counter services or resorts. If you have a review, please share!
__________________

dh & me * ds26 * ds24 dd20 *dd18


dd11 *** dd9 ** ds7 * dd5 ** ds3** ds1
bless7ings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #7
ttintagel
DIS Veteran
 
ttintagel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,392

Breakfast platter at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
bless7ings
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 742

Thanks Kaybird! I was typing while you snuck this one in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybird View Post
SUPER breakfast pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. they also have wonderful omlettes, and a cornflake encrusted French Toast.

Capn Cooks at the Poly is great, and we love Pizzafari in AK
__________________

dh & me * ds26 * ds24 dd20 *dd18


dd11 *** dd9 ** ds7 * dd5 ** ds3** ds1
bless7ings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #9
itchin2go
DIS Veteran
 
itchin2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,903

Quote:
Originally Posted by bless7ings View Post
I am looking for variety of a full breakfast. I love breakfast! But some in our family just want bagel and cream cheese, breakfast sandwich or breakfast pizza. I am not sure I have seen breakfast pizzas?!?
I have only seen breakfast pizza at buffets.

Park QS places have very limited breakfast menus. Here's the menu at Sunshine Seasons which is probably one of the bigger (if not the biggest) breakfast menu at a QS place in any of the parks:
Adult Breakfast platter - Bacon, Eggs, sausage, potatoes and a biscuit $8.29

Breakfast Panini - Eggs, bacon, roast pork, and cheese served with breakfast potatoes $6.99

Oatmeal - add raisins or brown sugar no extra charge $2.79

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Croissant $5.99

Bagel with Cream Cheese $2.79 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Croissant Berry Pudding $2.79 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

For Children 9 and under: French toast - with sausage and served with choice of small lowfat milk, small chocolate milk, small juice box, small water, small whole milk, small soy milk, or soft drink. $4.99
http://allears.net/dining/menu/sunshine-seasons/all-day

We usually get a platter and share it, but to be honest, it's not very good. It's a serviceable breakfast, but kind of bland and nothing to write home about.

If you want a GOOD breakfast, I personally would not count on QS places in the parks for that, but if you want something to tide you over till lunch, you can find food ....

Others can point you toward QS places in the resorts. I've tried the breakfast at Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge and AKL, and again ... it was nothing special. I think the value resorts have more extensive breakfast menus at their QS places.

I do hear good things about Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD, but we're never at DTD in the mornings (prime park time) so I'm not sure I'll ever find out.
__________________
-itchin2go
* Wilderness Lodge 2007 * Beach Club 2008 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009 * Offsite 2012 and 2013 * Upcoming Thanksgiving Trip 2014 *
itchin2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #10
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 8,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by bless7ings View Post
I am looking for variety of a full breakfast. I love breakfast! But some in our family just want bagel and cream cheese, breakfast sandwich or breakfast pizza. I am not sure I have seen breakfast pizzas?!?
As PP said, WPE in DTD has breakfast pizza for a QS meal. Chef Mickey's also has breakfast pizza, but of course that's TS.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #11
bless7ings
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 742

Sorry, my daughter just changed her mind...she wants waffles with bacon or sausage. So, I am looking for where the best waffles are...BUT it can not be at a buffet or character meal where the prices are too high for what I am looking for for breakfast. We have done a few breakfast buffets like Cape May and Cinderellas Castle, but not this trip.

Oh she is saying Belgium with strawberries and REAL cream and whipped butter.
__________________

dh & me * ds26 * ds24 dd20 *dd18


dd11 *** dd9 ** ds7 * dd5 ** ds3** ds1
bless7ings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #12
itchin2go
DIS Veteran
 
itchin2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,903

Quote:
Originally Posted by bless7ings View Post
We are staying at the Dolphin. My daughter is celebrating her 21st birthday and likes breakfast too and wants something with bacon or sausage etc. I did not want to do a buffet-too expensive, especially since most of the family would rather do a lunch or supper for the expensive meal. So, with that said I would entertain the idea of a nice breakfast in the park or somewhere else. BUT the criteria is the best breakfast with variety for a inexpensive amount, unless it is a big breakfast that can be split.

So far I have found from looking up menu's on ALLEars.com

Kouzzina by Cat Cora BoardWalk Resort - All Ears gives it a 9.0 from reader reviews.

Captain's Grille Yacht Club - 8.2 rating

Then with less for your money and good variety but less of a rating:

Beachclub Marketplace 6.4
Picabu at Dolphin 6.1

There was....but I nixed them:

Belle Vue Lounge
Boardwalk Bakery - actually I put questionable
Fresh Mediterranean Market at Dolphin
Garden Grove Breakfast at Swan


In Magic Kingdom there is:

Main Street Bakery - looks the best
Tomorrow Land Terrace
Casey's Corner

Does anyone have any reviews on any of these?

I have not had time to research the other parks counter services or resorts. If you have a review, please share!
Kouzzina and Captain's Grill are table service. Garden Grill is a buffet, I believe.

Main Street Bakery is Starbucks. If your family like Starbucks for breakfast (we do), then that may be a good pick for you.

People like Boardwalk Bakery, but I had a bad experience there. I think it's mostly just pastries anyway.
__________________
-itchin2go
* Wilderness Lodge 2007 * Beach Club 2008 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009 * Offsite 2012 and 2013 * Upcoming Thanksgiving Trip 2014 *
itchin2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #13
bless7ings
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 742

But.....if you have a review on the other places I listed or any highly recommend breakfast for the rest of us I would appreciated those still!
__________________

dh & me * ds26 * ds24 dd20 *dd18


dd11 *** dd9 ** ds7 * dd5 ** ds3** ds1
bless7ings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #14
bless7ings
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 742

Yes, I am sorry I did know that, but the food looked good and it had variety with a variety of prices. Also they came with 9 and 8.2 reviews where as the counter service at Beachclub and Dolphin had alright variety, but good prices and alright reader reviews.


Quote:
Originally Posted by itchin2go View Post
Kouzzina and Captain's Grill are table service. Garden Grill is a buffet, I believe.

Main Street Bakery is Starbucks. If your family like Starbucks for breakfast (we do), then that may be a good pick for you.

People like Boardwalk Bakery, but I had a bad experience there. I think it's mostly just pastries anyway.
__________________

dh & me * ds26 * ds24 dd20 *dd18


dd11 *** dd9 ** ds7 * dd5 ** ds3** ds1
bless7ings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #15
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran
 
SPOERLX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mesquite, Tx
Posts: 1,944

I'm not sure when your trip is planned for but Kouzzina is closing September 30th so if you will be there after Oct 1 or later, you wouldn't want to plan on Kouzzina.

The best counter service breakfast IMHO is Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD.
__________________
me DH DGS17 DGD14 DD DSnL I am Blessed!!
SPOERLX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.