Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
OasterP
DIS Veteran

Tusker House - Breakfast or Brunch (Opinions needed)

Hello! I am definitely looking forward to going to Tusker House. When we had originally planned on staying offsite and going to ONE character meal - it was this one.

Now I'm just trying to decide if I want an early breakfast or brunch? I've had the brunch planned this whole time. Here are my pros and cons:

Breakfast: It's a pre park opening. It's 8:40 with a 9:00 open. That's probably the biggest pro.

Brunch: It's not pre park, but we can try to do the safari first thing and then go to brunch. Also there is a chance we could get some of the lunch food too. And last - if it's a brunch (10:40) we can grab a small breakfast in our room, and then brunch will be our lunch, so one less CS to use. It's likely if we do breakfast we'll still get by with just a snack for lunch though so it might not matter.

So pretty much overall I think I like the brunch better, but I'm wondering whether the pre park opening is worth just doing the breakfast for? Just need the thoughts/opinions of those who have done it! Thank you!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

We had an 8:00 once a few years ago. This was when AK had RD show and everyone got in at 9:00. It was great. We finished breakfast, saw all the characters and got to the Safari at 8:45 when no one was in the park yet. Now that there is no RD show and everyone gets in the park at around 8:45, Tusker at 8:00 isn't worth it for us.

The last time we were there, we had brunch at 10:30. We were able to do the safari first and a few other things, then had breakfast. At 11:00 ish they started putting out lunch. We were able to have breakfast and lunch choices. We prefer this now. We have a 10:30 for our December trip!
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
OasterP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
We had an 8:00 once a few years ago. This was when AK had RD show and everyone got in at 9:00. It was great. We finished breakfast, saw all the characters and got to the Safari at 8:45 when no one was in the park yet. Now that there is no RD show and everyone gets in the park at around 8:45, Tusker at 8:00 isn't worth it for us.

The last time we were there, we had brunch at 10:30. We were able to do the safari first and a few other things, then had breakfast. At 11:00 ish they started putting out lunch. We were able to have breakfast and lunch choices. We prefer this now. We have a 10:30 for our December trip!
Thank you! This is kind of what I was thinking but obviously haven't been so wasn't sure if I was on the right track. Thank you again!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #4
caribear
I love WDW!

I was just able to get a 10:50am breakfast at Tusker House. Do you think there will be any breakfast foods left by then? The kids would love breakfast while the adults want lunch.....trying to find the best options for all 8 of us!
Disney Magic 2/6/10 - Western Caribbean 8 night adventure!, Disney Wonder - Bahamas 5/06, Caribbean Princess- Eastern Caribbean 12/05, Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 12/01, Sovereign of the Seas - Pre-Honeymoon cruise 03/01, Carnival Sensation- Western Caribbean 9/98
caribear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribear View Post
I was just able to get a 10:50am breakfast at Tusker House. Do you think there will be any breakfast foods left by then? The kids would love breakfast while the adults want lunch.....trying to find the best options for all 8 of us!
Last time we were there we found some breakfast items were available until about 11:15. After 11 the items were slowly replaced with lunch entrees. Mickey waffles, bacon, and pastries seemed to stay out the longest.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #6
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodmnky View Post
Last time we were there we found some breakfast items were available until about 11:15. After 11 the items were slowly replaced with lunch entrees. Mickey waffles, bacon, and pastries seemed to stay out the longest.
Exactly our experience too.

We prefer late breakfast as pre-opening TH has never worked for us (something always goes wrong on Disney's end) and I don't like to waste that precious 9-10 timeframe for getting stuff accomplished,

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: