Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #91
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Oh no My DH is going to be really upset when I tell him. We have a ADR at the end of November. Not going to cancel until I really hear they are gone.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #92
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethschroeder View Post
Wouldn't ever go to a buffet anymore as the food is always second class except Bacchanal in Vegas.

I want the big crab leg eaters to go to the store this weekend find the approximate amount of crab legs they would eat and look at the price. Disney likely would have a slightly lower cost but Crab is not cheap. Food cost for a restaurant should be around 30-35% of total sales for a good restaurant . That means Disney should be paying about $20 on food for a $60 bill.

Also the food at this place and ANY other profits Disney makes are completely separate. They are not using Cape May as a loss leader (purposely losing money to make up profits elsewhere) to bring people into a park....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) Pretty much on-the-button.
2) Bacchanal is more of a massive feast than a mere buffet.
3) But, IMHO there are two exceptions at WDW.
4) Trails End (FW) and The Wave (CR) have excellent breakfast buffets.
5 And, at a VERY reasonable price for a Disney meal.
Have neither of you ever eaten a meal at Boma ? Have ONLY had exceptional food there no matter which meal

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<---small update MON 09/08
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #93
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Greed is the new business mantra.

CMC was a regular stop for us. The last few years the cuts and lack of service have become increasingly more noticeable.

The crab became the dirty, no meat crab and the servers would deliver your first drink and maybe not return. It wasn't that they weren't busy, they are running around like ants.

Sad.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #94
DisUniversal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethschroeder View Post
Wouldn't ever go to a buffet anymore as the food is always second class except Bacchanal in Vegas.

I want the big crab leg eaters to go to the store this weekend find the approximate amount of crab legs they would eat and look at the price. Disney likely would have a slightly lower cost but Crab is not cheap. Food cost for a restaurant should be around 30-35% of total sales for a good restaurant . That means Disney should be paying about $20 on food for a $60 bill.

Also the food at this place and ANY other profits Disney makes are completely separate. They are not using Cape May as a loss leader (purposely losing money to make up profits elsewhere) to bring people into a park....
About $7 per pound at Sam's Club ($15.98 for 2 pounds or $69.99 for 10lb box). I'm sure Disney doesn't pay retail so we can assume they pay about $5 per pound. How many people are eating more than 4 pounds of crab legs?
DisUniversal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #95
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

This "crab leg" issue of people running to grab all of the fresh ones as soon as they are put on the buffet is A NORMAL THING! LOL Its disgusting behaviour but I live in a tourist town with a large number of seafood buffets. It happens ALL THE DAMN TIME. I don't get it but apparently snowshoe crab legs are some hot commodity and a lot of people go to seafood buffets just for them. They hoard them at their table not unlike fast pass runners of the past.

I think taking them off of the buffet would eliminate these crazies from trampling others and ruining their meal. Pay a little extra and get them brought to your table. Bring that back!!!!
momofmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #96
Rafikifan
DIS Veteran

We've walked by CMC tons of times and it wasn't until our trip last June that the smell really bothered me walking by.

[QUOTE=NewRVLady;51811670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post

FWIW I don't eat at CMC...I think it smells vile. Don't even like walking by it between the YC and BC. QUOTE]

Funny....last trip DH & I walked the length of both hotels on our way back to the Swan , and I felt the same thing...it smelled like a bad shrimp fishing dock
Rafikifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #97
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post
Next trip we are doing mainly signature and counter service, with 1 night at GG. The regular TS restaurants/buffets seem to have devolved into a no man's land of cost cutting and low quality. I'm not sure if they will ever recover.
I agree. This is what we do generally. CS or Signature. The regular TS and CS taste the same, for better or for worse.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #98
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
FWIW I don't eat at CMC...I think it smells vile. Don't even like walking by it between the YC and BC.
Quote:
Funny....last trip DH & I walked the length of both hotels on our way back to the Swan , and I felt the same thing...it smelled like a bad shrimp fishing dock
We did the character breakfast at CM last year. It was good food and the characters were cute, but the smell in there...ugh!
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #99
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mckenna View Post
My family ate there last week and there were tons of yummy crab legs They were delicious!!
Same with us. We were there beginning of June and there were plenty of crab legs.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Last edited by Bullseye; 07-08-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #100
L&Lfan
DIS Veteran

We also had the crab legs early last month. But they definitely were not worth the effort in cracking and picking. I won't miss them because they were of such poor quality.
L&Lfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #101
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&Lfan View Post
We also had the crab legs early last month. But they definitely were not worth the effort in cracking and picking. I won't miss them because they were of such poor quality.
I was just going to say the same thing. They were way too much work! Either poor quality or cooked incorrectly. You couldn't just crack em and pull out nice chunk of meat. Nevertheless, I would still eat there because they have plenty of delicious thing on the menu besides the crab legs.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #102
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Quote:
Have neither of you ever eaten a meal at Boma ? Have ONLY had exceptional food there no matter which meal
I feel I'd be pushing it to call Boma breakfast exceptional, it seemed ordinary except for a couple of somewhat more interesting dishes.

Dinner was different but I haven't been since I quit Disney buffets.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #103
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
I feel I'd be pushing it to call Boma breakfast exceptional, it seemed ordinary except for a couple of somewhat more interesting dishes.

Dinner was different but I haven't been since I quit Disney buffets.
And this is why life is interesting we all have different opinions Like Rusty Scupper praised FW Trails End I've eaten there many many times A convenient place to meet friends and hang out at the fort but I would call the food there passable Nothing more

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<---small update MON 09/08
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #104
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

As long as the peel and eat shrimp stays Im happy. DW on the other hand was not happy about this news.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #105
Tonyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I agree. This is what we do generally. CS or Signature. The regular TS and CS taste the same, for better or for worse.
You can definitely get by on counter services, alone! The best of CS is better than a lot (maybe most?) of the 1 credit TS.

But there are a few 1 credits that still seem to be worth doing for quality food: Kona, Sanaa, Boma, Wave.

But yeah, those few aside, signatures and CS all the way, baby!

1999 - All Star Sports
2005 - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Beach Club
2014 - Coronado Springs
Tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: