Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
JudyAL
Mouseketeer

T-Rex or Trails End?

I know the 2 restaurants are nothing alike and nowhere near each other. But if you had to choose, which would it be and why?

We'll be in Downtown Disney during the day which is why we're considering eating at T-Rex for dinner again. Although we're staying at The Wilderness Lodge, which is why we're considering taking the ferry over the Trails End.

Dec 2001The Contemporary, Mar 2002Hilton Head, Oct 2002Grand Californian, Feb 2003Wilderness Lodge Villas, Aug 2011Shades of Green, Aug 2012Shades of Green, Aug 2013Shades of Green, Jul 2014Shades of Green and Wilderness Lodge Villas
JudyAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

We like them both fine, and have eaten at each for different reasons. T-Rex because we were in DTD and DS was way over excited at the looks of the place and they had a walk-up. TE we have eaten at when staying at the WL and when we did a one day trip to MK and wanted a break from the park. I would base it on timing. If you think you will be hungry before we leave DTD or want more time there after you eat. choose...T-Rex. If you want to go back to the WL and then head out to dinner, the TEB is great to take the boat over to. While the food is good at TEB, there are a lot more places that are easy boat/ monorail trip away that we would choose over it. T-Rex is basically a RFC with dino theme.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
mum2four
DIS Veteran

We've enjoyed both, but my preference would be TE. The atmosphere is just more my style than Trex. That being said, if you are going to be in DTD at dinner time anyway, I would go with Trex simply for convenience so you don't find yourself rushing back to the resort to make an ADR.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
belle912
Mouseketeer

We love the T-Rex restaurant!! If you are going to be DTD anyway then I would go there. The atmosphere is a little loud but we love the food and drinks here! There is always a lot going on to keep people entertained while you are waiting on your food.

We like to count how many volcano desserts there are from the time we sit down to the time we leave.... don't ask me why!! lol

Have a great trip!!
belle912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #5
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

T-Rex is a must do for our family. We love the ice cave section and the aquarium section. The menu offers a large selection to choose from and we have always had good service and food.

I have never been over to Fort Wilderness, so that would be a fun new experience.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
Disney Khaleesi
Old member, new name

T-Rex is my favourite Disney restaurant. I will recommend it pretty much over everything else. It's wonderful!
Dad Me(15) Kitty #1 Kitty #2

Walt Disney World: 2001, 2003, 2013, 2014, Short 2015 trip in the works...
Disneyland: 2009
Universal Orlando: 2013
Disney Khaleesi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:01 PM   #7
jenrose66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyAL View Post
I know the 2 restaurants are nothing alike and nowhere near each other. But if you had to choose, which would it be and why?

We'll be in Downtown Disney during the day which is why we're considering eating at T-Rex for dinner again. Although we're staying at The Wilderness Lodge, which is why we're considering taking the ferry over the Trails End.
We ate at T-Rex on our last trip and I hated it. The food was ok, but service was S-L-O-W!! I'm talking almost 3 hours for only entrees. We left while waiting on dessert because we couldn't take it anymore.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
DisneyObsessed87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Khaleesi
T-Rex is my favourite Disney restaurant. I will recommend it pretty much over everything else. It's wonderful!
Completely agree!
Old 07-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #9
pocahontasgal87
~Disney Geek~

i ate at both and like them both, if i had to choose, i would pick t-rex for the atmosphere and i love dinosaurs

Oct 1994(offsite) Oct 1996(offsite) Oct 1999(offsite) Oct 2002(offsite) Oct 2005(POR)
Sept 2008(CSR) May 2010(CBR) Sept 2012 (POR)

Sept 2014 we will be back at Carrinbean Beach Resort!!
pocahontasgal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #10
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyAL View Post

Trails End is a must do for us each trip. It has the best ribs and smoked brisket around! ::yes: Plus, the price is fairly reasonable considering some of the other places and menus.

We tried T-Rex once, won't go back - was a lot like the Rainforest, which we also don't care for. Used to enjoy it, back when, but it isn't what it used to be.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: