DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
StitchBuddy
DIS Veteran

Banking and borrowing points

Still investigating purchasing DVC. I understand you can bank points for following year. Let's say I have Jan. use year. So I bank my points. I decide to visit the following year in May. I make my reservations at the 11 month mark, can I borrow points from the next year?? I am confused about when that 3rd year of points become available. Can help me understand this? Thanks!! I only see doing this if taking extended family.
StitchBuddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #2
supersnoop
DIS Veteran

For purposes of your example, yes, you can borrow. Note that there is no January use year.

Point use is based on the time of the stay. You can book this years points into next year, and borrow from the following year so you have three years of points available for that one reservation.
supersnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchBuddy View Post
Still investigating purchasing DVC. I understand you can bank points for following year. Let's say I have Jan. use year.
let's say a feb UY since, as stated, there is no jan UY.

Quote:
So I bank my points. I decide to visit the following year in May. I make my reservations at the 11 month mark...
so you get pts for feb 2014 and you decide to bank them. now they are valid for stays from feb 1, 2015 to jan 31, 2016.

starting in june 2014 (11 months out), you can book may 2015 with those banked 2014 UY pts + current 2015 UY pts (please note carefully that the pts are current based on the dates of the stay) + borrowed 2016 UY pts (if you need more to complete the reservation).

**remember that use year has nothing at all to do with when you can book. you can book your home resort at 11 months out.

so whether your UY was feb or dec, you can call in june 2014 to book may 2015. 11 months is always 11 months.**

always start by looking at what UY your stay takes place in. then you know you can use those current UY pts + banked UY pts from the year before (if you have any) + borrowed UY pts from the year after (if needed).

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #4
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

let's also look at what happens with a dec UY:

like i said above, start with what UY your stay takes place in - so for a may 2015 stay, you would still be within your dec 2014 UY.

starting in june 2014 (11 months out), you can book may 2015 with current 2014 UY pts + banked 2013 UY pts (if any) + borrowed 2015 UY pts (if you need more to complete the reservation).

you can still use 3 years worth of pts, but if you are thinking in terms of calendar years, you will wind up confused...

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: