Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #31
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Me too! We need to hire a RC pup-sitter who is great with our fur-babies with special needs

Today is magical! Nice to have you home!!! And it is an adult milkshake, yes

Hi step, my Royal predecessor! It is so funny you mention CR. I actually called my TA to change to BLT this morning but I miscalculated the total so it was a wee bit more than I wanted to spend The Poly I wouldn't advise right now. You all loved YC so it's always a choice right? AKL is really amazing, and as far as I am concerned you can't go wrong with any of the Universal resorts Things may open up in the 30 day window and they will And is tomorrow the 30 day dance????

LOVE WL!

The most magical milkshake

WOOHOO!!! Fingers crossed that he does well next weekend.

Another

Kook Disappeared from my multi-quote.... Not to get emotional, but this RC thread is making my day! I love the YC upgrade, but I am aggravated by a less than magical check-in for you. How nice of you to switch rooms at WL. I can't believe the family wanted cookie delivery...However, judging from past interactions with CL CMs they would totally do it IMO. You are WL Royalty through and through Sad about Randy, but it sounds like it's a change he will be happy with. And it's great to see you home!!!!!(here) And you were first on page to on the last thread or my TR...
Jeanette have you ever stayed at BLT? It is on my bucket list. I agree AKL is fantastic, it even met picky Bob's approval.

I was going to try to multi-quote but there were just too many and I am feeling lazy this morning.

Hope everyone has a terrific day today!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #32
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Morning all!

Hope you are all having a fab weekend. I promise to be more than just a pop in here on the new thread....so nice to see everyone stopping in! Kook that is a wonderful pic you posted of SAB! No changes report here.

Even though we are not doing many table service for our family trip, the kiddos requested we book Sci-fi for lunch on our HS day. So now we are reserved at Sci-fi and Via Napoli. Yummy.....Sangria!

Hugs to all

Jen
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #33
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Beautiful new thread Jeanette! Thanks for keeping it going!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #34
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Get emotional - we'll wipe the tears. DH already told Randy before he left that CL won't be the same without him and that he would be reluctant to return - ouch! I haven't even posted any of this yet to the WL thread, but since this is the RC thread, I can tell all of you that after our upcoming Christmas trip, which was booked as a special "thank-you" bounceback of sorts by the GSO, DH plans to RC to CR/BLV if Randy isn't managing the OFC. Stay tuned.
An RCer hubby, I think it's awesome! But the lure of OFC, can you resist.... That BLV is SO pretty!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just got home from a wonderful trip to Tahoe but wanted to pop in to say hi to all my RC family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Hello all!
Found our new home! Can't chat now but will catch up tomorrow -- just wanted to make sure I could find my way home. Breadcrumbs!

Been running around all weekend but tomorrow is a quick trip to Six Flags so that my brand new one year old can splash around and soak up some attention!

to all!
Have a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette have you ever stayed at BLT? It is on my bucket list. I agree AKL is fantastic, it even met picky Bob's approval.
No I haven't and I have always wanted too. If it was included in the discounts we would SO be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hope you are all having a fab weekend. I promise to be more than just a pop in here on the new thread....so nice to see everyone stopping in! Kook that is a wonderful pic you posted of SAB! No changes report here.

Even though we are not doing many table service for our family trip, the kiddos requested we book Sci-fi for lunch on our HS day. So now we are reserved at Sci-fi and Via Napoli. Yummy.....Sangria!

Hugs to all

Jen
Love Via Napoli! And Sangria!!! I booked Liberty Tree Tavern, but I doubt I'll keep it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Beautiful new thread Jeanette! Thanks for keeping it going!
Glad you stopped in...still AKL
Old 07-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #35
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Hello, everybody!

As promised, I am checking out the new thread as soon as we got home from our weekend getaway. It's so good to see everyone again.

While we were out of town this weekend, I (of course) found a Disney outlet store within an hour of our hotel. Stocked up on some new shirts for Reid and a couple of things for myself. But, it just made me even more anxious for our upcoming trip. 90 days from today we'll be arriving in WDW!! These are the resorts we have booked:

10/4: POFQ
10/5 - 10/11: SSR (1 bedroom villa)

So excited!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #36
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Hello, everybody!

As promised, I am checking out the new thread as soon as we got home from our weekend getaway. It's so good to see everyone again.

While we were out of town this weekend, I (of course) found a Disney outlet store within an hour of our hotel. Stocked up on some new shirts for Reid and a couple of things for myself. But, it just made me even more anxious for our upcoming trip. 90 days from today we'll be arriving in WDW!! These are the resorts we have booked:

So excited!
I don't know what I am MORE excited for your 90 day dance or the fact you came back to us Did you buy MNSSHP tickets already???
Old 07-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #37
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

It's been so long since I read an update from you that last I remember, Sophia hadn't been to WDW yet. What were her favorite things to do and where did you stay? Is she excited to go back?
Kook! I haven't been around in months ...quite honestly, it had been over three years since my last trip and I am sure you can imagine the toll that takes on a former AP holder (of many years). Missed you all but the DIS was making me sad.

The trip with Sophia was rather last minute - we stayed at an offsite condo (first time offsite in 30+ years!) because we took our pups along. The condo was so close that we pulled out and were parked within 10 mins. Most of the drive was on Disney property...but that first morning, parking and paying (!!) made me teary for sure. Drove down for just four nights - what a trip with a 5 1/2 yr and two pups! Next time we go for a week or not at all! (Want to plan for a January trip but dread staying offsite again.)

Sophia had been to the MK twice with her mom and dad so this was not her first time visiting. It was wonderful to see it through her eyes...see her excitement, hear her giggles. Yep, pretty magical! We had dinner at WCC as we thought it might be fun for her (my first time at WCC!). She and DD LOVED WL- dinner was just okay. Apparently our waitress was not having one of her better days.

Headed over to Polynesian so I could see what was going on at "home". What a mess! Sophia and DD walked around outside just enough for Sophia to fall in love with the resort - guess it runs in the family.

It will be awhile before we'll be able to stay onsite again because we will not board our pups and have no one to puppy sit. Yep, the fur family takes a WDW vacation as well! :yes:: Definitely prefer onsite but that is all we have ever known.

Looking forward to lots of pictures from your trip - love the upgrades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just got home from a wonderful trip to Tahoe but wanted to pop in to say hi to all my RC family!
Hey, there, my CA friend!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:31 PM   #38
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know what I am MORE excited for your 90 day dance or the fact you came back to us Did you buy MNSSHP tickets already???
Awww....thank you!! It feels good to be back!

I most certainly have purchased my MNSSHP tickets! We're going October 5th. In fact, I already have the costumes for myself and Ed completed. I just need a few more things for Reid's but it's pieces that he may grow out of so I'm waiting until September to purchase those.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:42 AM   #39
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
WOOHOO!!! Fingers crossed that he does well next weekend.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
With last summers renos done, we just did roof of house & garage. Waiting for guy to do gutters. Then a couple if days ago while out I noticed my gas was low, and went to fill up. They had a car wash so since I've been parking on street while garage was being done, it was needing a wash and decided to put it thru! Wrong decision. While putting wheel in stupid rail my front tire blew so had to buy 2 new front tires. When they took wheels off, they noticed my breaks were very worn all 4 wheels, ugh. I knew they were feeling rough. But geez, didn't need this just before my Florida trip!!! I think I should name my trip Staying at The Grand and eatting dirt . Bleck!!
ick, I am so sorry. I'll keep my fingers crossed y'all don't have any more unforeseen expenses.

Quote:
Hello, everybody!

So excited!
I'm glad y'all had a great weekend and found a Disney outlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Kook! I haven't been around in months ...quite honestly, it had been over three years since my last trip and I am sure you can imagine the toll that takes on a former AP holder (of many years). Missed you all but the DIS was making me sad.

The trip with Sophia was rather last minute - we stayed at an offsite condo (first time offsite in 30+ years!) because we took our pups along. The condo was so close that we pulled out and were parked within 10 mins. Most of the drive was on Disney property...but that first morning, parking and paying (!!) made me teary for sure. Drove down for just four nights - what a trip with a 5 1/2 yr and two pups! Next time we go for a week or not at all! (Want to plan for a January trip but dread staying offsite again.)

Sophia had been to the MK twice with her mom and dad so this was not her first time visiting. It was wonderful to see it through her eyes...see her excitement, hear her giggles. Yep, pretty magical! We had dinner at WCC as we thought it might be fun for her (my first time at WCC!). She and DD LOVED WL- dinner was just okay. Apparently our waitress was not having one of her better days.

Headed over to Polynesian so I could see what was going on at "home". What a mess! Sophia and DD walked around outside just enough for Sophia to fall in love with the resort - guess it runs in the family.

It will be awhile before we'll be able to stay onsite again because we will not board our pups and have no one to puppy sit. Yep, the fur family takes a WDW vacation as well! :yes:: Definitely prefer onsite but that is all we have ever known.

Hey, there, my CA friend!
With as many people that travel with fur-babies, you would think Disney would build a resort for people wanting to travel that way.

We had a good weekend. The DH and I saw Deliver Us From Evil and then took the boys to see Transformers today. I'm such a dork that I still get teary eyed when I see Optimus and Bubble Bee.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #40
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

It will be awhile before we'll be able to stay onsite again because we will not board our pups and have no one to puppy sit. Yep, t]he fur family takes a WDW vacation as well! :yes:: Definitely prefer onsite but that is all we have ever known.
That's so great that Sophia also loves the Poly..how can you not LOVE those grounds Can't wait until it is completed!

Quote:
Awww....thank you!! It feels good to be back!

I most certainly have purchased my MNSSHP tickets! We're going October 5th. In fact, I already have the costumes for myself and Ed completed. I just need a few more things for Reid's but it's pieces that he may grow out of so I'm waiting until September to purchase those.
And you ARE possibly doing a TR too right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

With as many people that travel with fur-babies, you would think Disney would build a resort for people wanting to travel that way.

We had a good weekend. The DH and I saw Deliver Us From Evil and then took the boys to see Transformers today. I'm such a dork that I still get teary eyed when I see Optimus and Bubble Bee.
You are SO right about the pet resorts....al the Universal deluxes are pet-friendly..speaking of Universal, Kim you would love the Transformers ride back to WDW talk
Old 07-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #41
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

I was going to try to multi-quote but there were just too many and I am feeling lazy this morning.

Hope everyone has a terrific day today
I am too tired for multi quote too

We have stayed at BLT 3times. 2 times in a 1bdm and once in a 2bdm.

We loved the space and modern feeling and most especially the extra bathrooms

Let me know if any specific questions. We would definitely stay again.

good morning to everybody else!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #42
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And you ARE possibly doing a TR too right???
Yes, I think I've decided to definitely do one for this upcoming trip.

Good morning, everybody!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #43
hallie
DIS Veteran

New thread dance

We got our tickets for MNSSHP in the mail on Saturday!!! We're going on Halloween!!!!

It's crazy but I think I'm officially done switching resorts!!!

Just for fun I went back to revisit all my changes and here's the list-

*First it was a Universal resort
*Then Shades of Green and a Universal hotel split stay
*Pop Century with free dining
*Back to Universal hotel
*Back toPop with upgraded free dining
*Then Shades of Green
*Then back to Universal
*Then CBR Pirate room with free dining
*Then AKL bunk bed room with free dining
*Then back to Shades again!!
*POR the whole trip
*WL 5 nights, Royal Pacific 3
*French Quarter 6 nights, Universal RP 2.
*POFQ the whole trip
*Universal Hard Rock 2 nights with WL courtyard free dining 6 nights
*AoA Cars suite with 2 nights Hard Rock
*WL Courtyard bunkbed free dining with 2 nights Hard Rock

and finally...........AoA Cars Suite with free dining and 2 nights at Hard Rock!!

Still waiting on some refunds to come back. It's a weird feeling being done, I even have dining reservations in place! Crazy!
hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #44
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Great a new thread and I love the new title .... : ) I'm actually not sure I posted my most current changes on the last thread? So there's my sign I've switched things around to much! Animal kingdom lodge club level November 9 - 19 & November 19 - 22 at grand Floridian RP club level. I shouldn't even write these words BUT I think I'm all set and happy : )
We just got back for Las Vegas a few days ago and so fun to play some slots with free drinks and with our comps we got our room free only paying for the resort fee so that was nice. Also new is we have a trip booked for Disneyland July 21 for 10 days and will be taking our twin grandsons who just turned 14 yrs old a few weeks ago. Will spend 4 days at Disneyland and California adventure, then an evening at an Angel's baseball game and 1 day at universal studios, a beach day and dinner at the beach as well as visiting with family for a few days. ( so easy to go to Disneyland planning wise which is good or I'd be changing things around I'm sure there too )

Hoping all you resort changers had a great Fourth of July holiday weekend and have a great new week ahead ... Any ongoing trips or soon to be trips for anyone coming up?
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #45
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I am too tired for multi quote too

We have stayed at BLT 3times. 2 times in a 1bdm and once in a 2bdm.

We loved the space and modern feeling and most especially the extra bathrooms

Let me know if any specific questions. We would definitely stay again.

good morning to everybody else!
BLT looks awesome! And it is available for my dates, I just can't justify to DH or myself the extra 2500 bucks to change to there...if only it was included in the RO offers

Quote:
Yes, I think I've decided to definitely do one for this upcoming trip.
YAY for a TR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallie View Post
New thread dance

We got our tickets for MNSSHP in the mail on Saturday!!! We're going on Halloween!!!!

It's crazy but I think I'm officially done switching resorts!!!

Just for fun I went back to revisit all my changes and here's the list-

*First it was a Universal resort
*Then Shades of Green and a Universal hotel split stay
*Pop Century with free dining
*Back to Universal hotel
*Back toPop with upgraded free dining
*Then Shades of Green
*Then back to Universal
*Then CBR Pirate room with free dining
*Then AKL bunk bed room with free dining
*Then back to Shades again!!
*POR the whole trip
*WL 5 nights, Royal Pacific 3
*French Quarter 6 nights, Universal RP 2.
*POFQ the whole trip
*Universal Hard Rock 2 nights with WL courtyard free dining 6 nights
*AoA Cars suite with 2 nights Hard Rock
*WL Courtyard bunkbed free dining with 2 nights Hard Rock

and finally...........AoA Cars Suite with free dining and 2 nights at Hard Rock!!

Still waiting on some refunds to come back. It's a weird feeling being done, I even have dining reservations in place! Crazy!
Here's the link to my PTR which will alleviate any concern that you have a lot of changes plus it also has my changes for last year Enjoy!

http://http://www.disboards.com/show....php?t=3115309

An we are done too! My family cannot pick anywhere else they would rather be than OKW right now

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: