DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
joe92466
Earning My Ears

Grand Floridian Availability

I took the tour last week, saw all the rooms at Saratoga Springs, GF rooms were over the top. This is the only resort they are selling and at $165 a point the 300 points I would like cost approx $50,000. Looks like a better deal to buy 300 points on a resale at AK and save half the money. Is the GF very difficult at 7months out to secure? Thanks
joe92466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I'm guessing it will be hard to get for a few years until the "new" wears off a bit.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

I plan on always using my GFV points at the GFV and I suspect many owners who bought points there as a secondary purchase will feel the same way. On the other hand people who bought there because it was the only resort available may begin more trading out. If you are looking for studios or a busy time of the year I suspect they will always be hard to get.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe92466 View Post
I took the tour last week, saw all the rooms at Saratoga Springs, GF rooms were over the top. This is the only resort they are selling and at $165 a point the 300 points I would like cost approx $50,000. Looks like a better deal to buy 300 points on a resale at AK and save half the money. Is the GF very difficult at 7months out to secure? Thanks
I would suggest you could split the 300 points. Buy AKV resale for 200 points then buy a direct add on at VGF for 100 points. You could bank & borrow at VGF & have up to 300 points for a stay at VGF every third year that way.

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
twinmom108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #5
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom108 View Post
I would suggest you could split the 300 points. Buy AKV resale for 200 points then buy a direct add on at VGF for 100 points. You could bank & borrow at VGF & have up to 300 points for a stay at VGF every third year that way.
Great advice!

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #6
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom108 View Post
This is an awesome idea!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #7
DenLo
DIS Veteran

I too like the idea that you buy a resale for another DVC resort for less points and then buy direct for VGF because it will be a number of years before VGF is easy to get into at the 7 month mark. It is possible at the 7 month mark but you might need to be flexible on your dates, villa type and view.

I am surprised that the DVC rep told you only VGF was available for sale as AKV is still being sold. They still have 180,000 points available and I doubt they will be keeping all of those points for DVC use.

Here is a link to the current pricing. http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...g-a-promotions

DenLo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #8
drusba

DIS Veteran

As to VGF availability at 7 months out, the patterns are still developing but it is becoming more and more probable that studios (and thus also 2BR lock-offs of which all the studios are a part) are going to be difficult to get most of the year. The problem at VGF is that there are only 47 studios and because of VGF's high per night point costs and high per point dollar cost, a much higher percentage of purchasers at VGF than at other resorts purchased just to be able to get studios rather than other room sizes. And that problem is highly likely not going to be alleviated a number of years after the "new" has worn off. Also, during a number of times in the last quarter of the calendar year (DVC's highest demand time of the year) other room sizes might also be difficult to get, and 1BRs (the other part of the 2BR lock-offs) may even be a problem during some holiday and special event times in the first nine months of the year).
Old 07-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #9
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

For the last couple of months we have been trying to add a night to our existing reservation at the end of Sept. Studios and one bedrooms are not available for all three nights. We now have a reservation for a one bedroom standard and a one bedroom lake view on different nights. Wait lists have not been successful and I check availability every day.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:55 AM   #10
diznyfan4life
Earning My Ears

It's a good idea to split your purchase between two resorts, but if you are trying to get into VGF at the 11 month mark and you only buy 100 points there, that's all you will be able to use. Regardless on how many points you buy at another resort. So if you buy a total of 300 points - 200/AK and 100/ VGF, you can only book 11 months out with the 100 points. For the other points you will have to wait for the 7 month window just like everyone else who doesn't have home resort priority at VGF.
If you can be flexible with your dates and room size then it might not be such a problem.
My experience lately, is that you can't really get a studio anywhere for a straight consecutive week unless you book quite a few months out or are looking at the cold season. ( not to include Christmas / New Years )
Good luck in your decision making!
diznyfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #11
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe92466 View Post
There are resale GFV points available on the TSS web-site.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: