Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #31
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggeraholic View Post
Today was our 180 days and I was able to get reservations for our entire party of 12 at BOG by calling in this morning. Our reservations are for day 5 of our trip and are three separate reservations of 4 and are all within 15 minutes of each other. The reservations are not all in my name but since our reservations are linked they allowed me to make all of them. Their was a computer problem today and I was up at 5AM CST with no luck at all. I called at 7 and was told to call back when the systems were up. The CM was actually the one who suggested breaking our party up.
This is what our party of seven had to do. We have four reservations for a party of two each in five minute increments. It would be interesting to know if due to larger parties and having to break up the reservations it takes up more of the inventory. Common sense would say yes ; it could be a small explanation as to why there are NEVER any openings. I went on at 6am on my 180 and for an entire 8d stay not one BoG-and we are there the last week of August. It took me few weeks to get the four I did, they came up sequentially. I do believe that reservations are held back by Disney and released as the date gets closer as posters have stated grabbing a reservation days before their trip. Or just others canceling...
Old 07-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #32
amy lou
Earning My Ears

I think I must have gotten pretty lucky when I was booking ADRs for our May trip. It was my first time going and I thought booking at 180 days was insane, so booked about 3 months before.

At first I couldn't find any BOG reservations for the entire holiday, but one came up by chance when I wasn't really looking so we booked that. OP, don't give up hope yet!
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #33
Boardwalk Tigger
DIS Veteran

I dont even think the food is very good! Some people are hoarders even with adrs!!!!
Boardwalk Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #34
amym2
DIS Veteran

I was able to book two BOG ADRs for our party of 8 on our 180+5 and 180+6 days. Neither was really the day I wanted, so it took some shuffling to decide which was better. I felt guilty holding onto both ADRs, but I needed to talk to family members and rework our schedule. Once I had that done, I released one of them. I have to admit that I thought about keeping both in case for some reason we can't make the first one. But knowing how many people out there are looking for BOG, I couldn't do it. I'm sure people have their reasons for making multiple ADRs for BOG and there are as many people like me who released them as there are who kept them.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:19 AM   #35
krismanda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym2 View Post
I was able to book two BOG ADRs for our party of 8 on our 180+5 and 180+6 days. Neither was really the day I wanted, so it took some shuffling to decide which was better. I felt guilty holding onto both ADRs, but I needed to talk to family members and rework our schedule. Once I had that done, I released one of them. I have to admit that I thought about keeping both in case for some reason we can't make the first one. But knowing how many people out there are looking for BOG, I couldn't do it. I'm sure people have their reasons for making multiple ADRs for BOG and there are as many people like me who released them as there are who kept them.
I think this is happening a lot and is probably he main reason people are booking multiple. You get on at your 180 with one plan in mind and then when that isn't available you take what you can get and try to work it out. It's not like you can wait and replan and then get the one thar works. It is booking too fast to allow for it.

Because I had seen so many threads that people were only having luck getting ADRs for the end of their trip I had two schedules mapped out. The second one being something that would work of I cold only get a late trip BOG. I was glad I did because the second scenario was the only one available.
krismanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:43 AM   #36
disney meema
DIS Veteran

I have to admit I booked 2 BOG reservations for our upcoming trip since I thought 180 plus days I have no idea of which day I'd want to go. But disney ended up having a private party on one of my two reservation days so they called me and let me know my reservation would be cancelled ... I'm glad I had another reservation or bummer. I wasn't trying to hog the reservation and would of cancelled one of them after I booked fast passes and saw how those worked for our MK days.
I do think knowing BOG is so hard to book and then having to book 180 days ahead for dinner it's really made it a tough one to get ... But I do remember when Cinderella Royal court was the same situation a few years back and they have reservations for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With BOG only take reservation for dinner ... It may always be hard to get?
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #37
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Don't be so hasty to get up in arms. No one is saying someone with two ADRs is hoarding... but I have seen people cancelling anywhere from 4-6 ADRs for BOG in one week. To me, that is a bit unfair. I have been trying forever to get into BOG for our September trip and no luck. I have resigned to eating lunch there if we cant get an ADR, but I do find it a tad bothersome when people have six ADRs and they are holding onto them for weeks and months, if you need to hold two or three for a few days or so to make a choice, fine, but dont hold them for weeks!

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Altoqueenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #38
disneymomoffour
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoqueenkelly View Post
Don't be so hasty to get up in arms. No one is saying someone with two ADRs is hoarding... but I have seen people cancelling anywhere from 4-6 ADRs for BOG in one week. To me, that is a bit unfair. I have been trying forever to get into BOG for our September trip and no luck. I have resigned to eating lunch there if we cant get an ADR, but I do find it a tad bothersome when people have six ADRs and they are holding onto them for weeks and months, if you need to hold two or three for a few days or so to make a choice, fine, but dont hold them for weeks!
Thank you! This was my whole point when I started this thread-I can understand 2 ADRs, but when several are being made it is frustrating to see. I am in the same boat. Going in September, and can't find a thing. I'm not angry about it though-just sad I can't find anything. I will do lunch of we can't get dinner, and it will still be a great trip. Good luck to you!!
1990 1st trip to Disney world-Offsite1991 Disneyland College Program-Castmember1994 Disney world Honeymoon-Offsite1999 All-Star Music2000 Disneyland2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Old Key West2003 Old Key West/Grand Floridian2004 Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian 2005 Disneyland2006, 2007 Polynesian 2008 Disney Cruise-Wonder/Disneyland
2009 Disney Cruise-Wonder2011 Port Orleans Riverside2012 Disney Cruise-Double Dip- Dream
2013 Port Orleans Riverside
disneymomoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #39
OasterP
DIS Veteran

I can understand the disappointment over not getting an ADR you want, but I don't necessarily care if people are getting multiple ADR's if they happen to get them. Maybe they are going all the days, maybe they have no idea where they will be that day, maybe they aren't sure if they might want to eat there twice. Either way they are either 1. Using them 2. Releasing them back into the general pool or 3. Being charged for not showing up (less likely I think).

It's hard to plan your trip six months out not having a CLUE what your vacation will actually look like, where you will be, etc.

That said - keep looking. The only one I booked at 180 days was Tusker House. We were planning on staying offsite and I knew I wanted them. Then after we decided to move onsite with about 120 before my trip (if that) I've been watching the cancellation boards and checking daily.

I've managed to get a pre park breakfast at CP, BOG dinner at 4:55 on a party night, Chef Mickey breakfast, Ohana at 5:15... I also had an Akershus lunch but I canceled it when the BOG became available. I have also been able to book Via Napoli, T Rex, Hollywood and Vine, 1900, Cape May Café, Boma, Liberty Tree Tavern, Mama Melrose, and others that I've since canceled for one reason or another. Some of these (BOG, Chef Mickey, Ohana) were definitely in the past month, and I have 78 days left. So don't lose hope - just keep checking.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #40
andyman8
DIS Veteran

I don't mind people booking multiple BOG ADRs so long as they have the intention to use all of them. If he or she is confident they'll like the restaurant that much and gets to the system early enough to do it, then so be it, but if they aren't planning on using them all (as I'd imagine is usually the case), then they shouldn't be doing it.

That said, at this point, I've just decided the restaurant is not worth all of this. I've eaten dinner there twice, and it was nice, but not nice enough to make a room reservation 180+ days out and get up at 6am praying something's available. Menu was too limited and the food wasn't amazing or certainly not enough so to warrant that.

Of course, OP, I have caught cancelations for BOG and chances are high you'll get one as long as you're persistent (checking 3-4 times a day) and flexible.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #41
Lavitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Hfan View Post
Why not be frustrated with the insane system of trying to know where/when/what you want to eat 180 days away? Add in the fast pass plus booking and not knowing if you can get the ones you want the days you want, and no wonder people hedge their $$$ vacation plans with back up reservations!

Not sure how it isn't fair, maybe they will eat there 4 times? Or they will cancel in time and someone else will get the reservation. Or they will decide to just eat the cancellation fee and not cancel.

But wow people are trying to help others get a reservation by posting cancellations...won't be surprised when they stop because people made them feel bad for having multiple plans.
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Hfan View Post
I totally get the frustration and the venting about not getting reservations wanted, I'm still checking multiple times a day for sept. don't think name calling is called for. And I for one cancelled a BOG reservation for Christmas week and didn't bother to post on the cancelled ADR thread since I don't need to be told I'm selfish. (And I had 2 reservations because the system glitched and I made the 2nd one not realizing the first one had gone through anyway).

and this.

Granted this thread is about hoarding in general. However I've seen plenty of people attack those cancelling on the cancellation thread as if this will make things any better. It always bothered me seeing that since there is no point attacking those trying to give a fellow DISer the leg up.

Plus, those who hoard do not take away a reservation from someone else, they just make it so that you get that reservation at a later date (assuming they cancel and don't just eat the cancellation fee which I assume most people don't). Would it be better if they didn't hoard in the first place, sure because others would know earlier if they can get into BoG or not. But to act like they are taking things away from others doesn't make any sense to me.
Lavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #42
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Sorry, but if WDW didn't start booking so far out people wouldn't have to make multiple ADR's to make sure they get the experience they want. I have no problem with a CC hold and also have no problem with them charging no shows, but I guess I am selfish and have no problem making multiple ADR's knowing my family will enjoy everything we wanted b/c I got up and booked above and beyond until we got closer and had a clearer picture of our plans on our trip. We don't go twice a year so I want to make sure we get to do everything we want.

I booked 2 BOG ADR's on our trip b/c at the time we didn't know when we would get tomorrowland terrace b/c it opened much later. It worked out for the best b/c my brother couldn't get an ADR and he just used our one we didn't need. I don't think there is anything wrong with it...eventually they will cancel or be charged as a no show and then the table opens up for someone else to book. This is a don't hate the player hate the game moment...IMO
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #43
5Hfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoqueenkelly View Post
2 isn't multiple? And "hoarding" and "selfish" are compliments?

Still haven't gotten one for Sept either, but not going to call people names. Just vent about the 180 system. And be glad for the cc guarantee that encourages people to let them go much better than before.
5Hfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:37 AM   #44
abbydancer
Mouseketeer

I thought I'd replied a couple of days ago.

When we did our 180 (+10) called at 4am my time I was able to get BOG, but not on the day we wanted. They had two times, one early and one late - I took late because early was way too early for us.

I also scored CRT breakfast for the day we wanted. A couple of days later my sister and I (we're going with her and my two nieces) went through the menus (both nieces have celiac) and picked out TS for all but one meal. I called (had to because I never could get the website to do the +10).

Once we were within 180, I made some more for the early part of trip. The days were based on Touringplans predictions.

About a week ago they changed the predictions, and a couple of things changed +2 or +3 crowd levels.

So, for the pre sister part of the trip, I now have two lunch and two dinner for two days of the trip. For the sister part, we're currently holding 3 Le Cellier ADRs. One for the original day, and two for the changed day, 1 hour apart. I did that because I wanted to talk to her. I did, and on Monday, when I'm home from my trip I'm currently on, I'll cancel on of the two on the same day. When it gets closer, I'll cancel the days we don't want, and all will be posted on the December cancel thread.

Because of the difficulty in getting TS ADRs, and the need for TS (counter is hard for the kids etc), I didn't feel I have a choice given how far out it is.

In my defense, none are either BOG or CRT, and I did it well after those days were anyones 180 or 180 + 10.

But I do understand the frustration with BOG. When we started booking the rooms for this trip (DVC at 11 months and then change at 7) my dance coach, who went in January with 3 weeks advance planning told me to be flexible. They were able to get BOG by doing that.

I promise not to book a different BOG without cancelling the one I have.
abbydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #45
Frozen2014
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavitz View Post
This...

and this.

Granted this thread is about hoarding in general. However I've seen plenty of people attack those cancelling on the cancellation thread as if this will make things any better. It always bothered me seeing that since there is no point attacking those trying to give a fellow DISer the leg up.
While I think harding multiple BOG ADRs is really inconsidernate, I think the cancellation thread is the opposite. People are being really thoughtful, knowing that others may want the ADR they are releasing and thus, letting other know (rather than just chance of someone having to keep checking for their desired date and time). And I can't stand it when I've seen others attacking someone on here. It doesn't happen too often mostly people are great and helping others in suggestions or experiences, but it does happen.

Disney World Trip Report - Oct 2014
Frozen2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: