Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #16
BlondeAppetit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen4546 View Post

I have a Sept. 9 for 5 I need to cancel for BOG. Is that during your time. We are going to a different park that day and can't make the reservation. You are welcome to it. We can coordinate
What time? I would love it.

Myself , DH , DD (5) , & DD (1)

SEPTEMBER 2014 - Contemporary Resort - Daughter's Surprise Disney Vacation for her 5th Birthday
FEBRUARY 1984 - Hilton Resort in the Disney Village

Trip Report - http://myfirstdisneyvacation.wordpress.com/
BlondeAppetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #17
Momof2Singers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airship Ariadne View Post
Yes, I completely agree...unfortunately, I suppose there is no way to make people be considerate...and of course, if Disney tried to limit it to one per stay, then there would be a different thread here complaining that someone was unable to book it twice, and that they had two kids that had birthday's that week and each wanted to eat there or some other sob story.

We booked one ADR per day, and at different places each day...though I will admit to getting BOG...technically twice since we changed our trip after the initial bookings, and I had to cancel everything and retry...the ADR fairy visited twice as I got the exact same choices I had requested before, some at even better times.
Everyone DOES NOT fall in this category and are not inconsiderate. I did not book our vacation until 70 days out, so I don't fall into that group. I also did not get a BOG reservation until a couple of days ago, and only because I was afraid no fast pass would open for us. HOWEVER, I will be one of those that cancels the one and only BOG reservation they were able to get after checking 20 times a day, every day, because I was finally able yesterday to get a fast pass.

I don't know what others do, but everyone does not cancel because of multiple reservations. My daughters wanted to see inside the castle, although they were understanding about it, this may be our last trip, so I kept trying until I finally found something. It is not impossible, just takes a lot of work.
Momof2Singers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2014, 09:25 PM   #18
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

I also agree with OP and how frustrating it can be. I don't think its inconsiderate, but just annoying lol. I was online at 6am on our 180 day mark and nothing for the whole week we are there. Got on the phone at 7am and nothing. I was annoyed to say the least because of the countless amounts of ADR Hoarders taking them all and leaving nothing for anyone else. Yes they will cancel some that don't fit into their plans later but I really do not feel like consuming so much of my time trying to get into one restaurant- whose reviews are back and forth anyway, and never consistantly good. So I said forget it. There are far better places to dine and we got a great lineup for our trip and I am happy about that. This is the new and in demand thing right now that everyone has to have like everything else that is new... so when the hype wears down, someday we will be able to dine there but its just not worth all of this hassle to me anymore.

Also those staying 10 days also have the advantage, so that factors into it too.

Good luck getting an ADR!!!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:32 AM   #19
mimomlile
Mouseketeer

I agree, it is very frustrating. That being said...I am going to try my best to plan out my upcoming trip (about 3-4 wks until I hit the 180 day mark) before I go online to book ADRs. I may end up making a few extras and canceling them later. Since I am taking my mom instead of dh, I will go over the plan with her and try to get some input before I finalize. If it were him, he would be right next to me while I book. My mom will be home in bed... I don't plan on keeping any extras longer than a couple days-one week max out of respect for other planners.

And then FP+ booking will throw all plans out the window...
Oct '96 WL, Sept '00 CS, Jan '02 POR, Jan '04 Royal Pac Resort, Jan '05POR, Jan '07 Hard Rock Hotel, Dec '07 CBR/SS/BCV/CS, May '08 BCV, Sept '08 BWV, Feb '09 BWV, Sept '09 VWL/ASMo/AKV-J, Oct '09 AKV-J, Jan '10 OKW, Aug '10 NickSuites/Portofino Bay Resort & Spa, Jan '11 AKV-K, Jan '12 BWV, Jan '13 SS, Aug '13 BLT, Jan '14 DCL Fantasy/BCV, Sep '14 AKV-J
mimomlile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #20
Mommymarie
Mouseketeer

What really annoys me is the Disney internet/phone system that goes down so often! We usually book quick 3-4 night trips and this time we booked for 6 nights....I thought at 6am on day 186 I would have a chance. Oh no.....the phone and reservation system was totally down (although there were some on Dis who said they had no problems getting everything). When it finally went back up and running (phone only, no internet) there was a 35 minute hold time....needless to say there was NO BOG for the entire stay
Mommymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #21
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I'd love to know how the OP knows for sure that the scarcity of BOG ADRs is exacerbated by people hoarding multiple ADRs. And even if that was true, the fact that they are cancelling the unnecessary ones means that they are being made available for those who need them.

BOG is the hottest ADR out there. It is the first one that just about everyone tries to get. Stop and think about the huge volume of demand there is. Every. Single. Day. All day. Morning to night. No wonder that these ADRs are difficult to get. But at the same time, some of these ADRs are being cancelled. Every. Single. Day. All day. Morning to night. So, even if some (few) of them are being hoarded and then released, it all evens out over a short time.

I get the frustration with trying to get a popular ADR. But blaming it on "hoarders" is misdirected. If these multiple BOG ADRs were being hoarded and NOT released, then you'd have something to complain about.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #22
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

I tend to look at it differently.....those who multiple book will eventually cancel one or more.....and they'll probably do that a few weeks (or maybe less) before they arrive. For those of us who didn't plan ahead or are doing a last minute trip therefor have a small chance at some pixie dust. That worked for us!

So try to think of it more as these folks are holding the reservations for last minute changes/decisions, lol.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #23
5Hfan
Mouseketeer

I totally get the frustration and the venting about not getting reservations wanted, I'm still checking multiple times a day for sept. don't think name calling is called for. And I for one cancelled a BOG reservation for Christmas week and didn't bother to post on the cancelled ADR thread since I don't need to be told I'm selfish. (And I had 2 reservations because the system glitched and I made the 2nd one not realizing the first one had gone through anyway).

5Hfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #24
DisneyObsessed87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommymarie
What really annoys me is the Disney internet/phone system that goes down so often! We usually book quick 3-4 night trips and this time we booked for 6 nights....I thought at 6am on day 186 I would have a chance. Oh no.....the phone and reservation system was totally down (although there were some on Dis who said they had no problems getting everything). When it finally went back up and running (phone only, no internet) there was a 35 minute hold time....needless to say there was NO BOG for the entire stay
This. I am frustrated with the BOG situation too. I was so frustrated at our 180 day, because Disney's systems were down for HOURS. So by the time I got through there were no BOG ressies to be had. And I have checked every day for almost two months now and still nothing. I do think Disney should limit the number of reservations for popular restaurants (esp during free dining). But for now I will just be keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #25
Melanie B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsessed87 View Post
This. I am frustrated with the BOG situation too. I was so frustrated at our 180 day, because Disney's systems were down for HOURS. So by the time I got through there were no BOG ressies to be had. And I have checked every day for almost two months now and still nothing. I do think Disney should limit the number of reservations for popular restaurants (esp during free dining). But for now I will just be keeping my fingers crossed.
Limiting is not really fair either. There are still folks who pay for dining during the "free dining" period. Either because they upgraded the plan or their resort wasn't included. If someone likes a place that much that they want to eat there two or three times during a trip that's their choice.

Feb 2015 Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2013 All Star Music
July 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Aug 2010 Caribbean Beach
Melanie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #26
mag73
Mouseketeer

I know how you feel. Last year we were not able to get a reservation. This year
when I looked at 180 days out there was nothing available online, and the system kept on crushing. I ended up calling and to my surprise there were decent times available for most of our stay. Maybe try calling at this point it can't hurt.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #27
disneymomoffour
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag73 View Post
I know how you feel. Last year we were not able to get a reservation. This year
when I looked at 180 days out there was nothing available online, and the system kept on crushing. I ended up calling and to my surprise there were decent times available for most of our stay. Maybe try calling at this point it can't hurt.
This is our second trip since BOG opened, and we were not able to get in even for lunch last trip. (There was a 3 hour wait for lunch...) My daughter was so dissapointed! I have tried calling along with checking everyday online-no luck so far. But I'll keep trying!
1990 1st trip to Disney world-Offsite1991 Disneyland College Program-Castmember1994 Disney world Honeymoon-Offsite1999 All-Star Music2000 Disneyland2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Old Key West2003 Old Key West/Grand Floridian2004 Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian 2005 Disneyland2006, 2007 Polynesian 2008 Disney Cruise-Wonder/Disneyland
2009 Disney Cruise-Wonder2011 Port Orleans Riverside2012 Disney Cruise-Double Dip- Dream
2013 Port Orleans Riverside
disneymomoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #28
SA mom
DIS Veteran

It is a crazy system. You're booking ADRs 180 days out, but what if you can't get that 7 Dwarfs Mine Train FP for the same day? That is why people make a couple. This really is insane that we are planning the rides we will ride 60 days from the day.

I've heard the two best times to check for ADRs to Be Our Guest is just after 60 days, when people make their FP+ selections, and at 45, when the final balance is due and some people cancel their trips. I'm not sure how much truth there is to this, but sounds logical.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #29
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom View Post
It is a crazy system. You're booking ADRs 180 days out, but what if you can't get that 7 Dwarfs Mine Train FP for the same day? That is why people make a couple. This really is insane that we are planning the rides we will ride 60 days from the day.

I've heard the two best times to check for ADRs to Be Our Guest is just after 60 days, when people make their FP+ selections, and at 45, when the final balance is due and some people cancel their trips. I'm not sure how much truth there is to this, but sounds logical.
Logical until you realize that everyday is somebody's 60 day deadline. And everyday is somebody's 45 day deadline. Yep. Every single day thousands of people are reaching those dates. So you are no more likely to get one on YOUR 60 or 45 day than you would the day before or the day after.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:25 AM   #30
ziravan
Welcome Home

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Logical until you realize that everyday is somebody's 60 day deadline. And everyday is somebody's 45 day deadline. Yep. Every single day thousands of people are reaching those dates. So you are no more likely to get one on YOUR 60 or 45 day than you would the day before or the day after.
Yes, but the people canceling today at their 60 day mark are canceling BOG ADRs starting 60 days from now. I'm not going to be there in 60 days so people canceling at 60 and 45 days from today aren't canceling during my vacation window.

Who cares if someone 60 days out from today cancels during their trip in the first week of Sept? I won't be there then.

At MY 60 and 45 day mark, there aren't anymore cancellations than today, but the cancellations that do happen for those reasons (FP and final payment due) have a far greater chance of corresponding to the dates within MY vacation window.
ziravan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: