Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #1
disneymomoffour
Mouseketeer

Multiple BOG ressies

I just have to complain a little bit-and I know this will not help anything. BUT, it is frustrating to see people canceling multiple BOG ressies-as many as four in a week-which means they are MAKING several ressies when they get in at the 180 day mark. This obviously makes it harder for others to get reservations. (Especially those who do not have the ability at times of making trip reservations that far ahead.) WHY WHY WHY can't everyone be considerate and be happy with one ressie? Even better-why doesn't Disney limit the ressies to one per trip reservation-considering the difficulty in getting in? Does anyone else out there agree with me?
1990 1st trip to Disney world-Offsite1991 Disneyland College Program-Castmember1994 Disney world Honeymoon-Offsite1999 All-Star Music2000 Disneyland2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Old Key West2003 Old Key West/Grand Floridian2004 Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian 2005 Disneyland2006, 2007 Polynesian 2008 Disney Cruise-Wonder/Disneyland
2009 Disney Cruise-Wonder2011 Port Orleans Riverside2012 Disney Cruise-Double Dip- Dream
2013 Port Orleans Riverside
disneymomoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
Missymouse18
Mousketeer

I agree with you. As a matter of fact, when the FP+ ressies for BOG lunch were first being allowed to be booked, you could only book one. Don't know if that has changed now, though.
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

I totally agree... we've been looking daily to get one for our trip and nothing has shown up. It is a tad bit frustrating when people are cancelling three+ BOG reservations at a time.

Oh well, nothing we can do about it I guess

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Altoqueenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
karen4546
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoqueenkelly View Post
I totally agree... we've been looking daily to get one for our trip and nothing has shown up. It is a tad bit frustrating when people are cancelling three+ BOG reservations at a time.

Oh well, nothing we can do about it I guess
I have a Sept. 9 for 5 I need to cancel for BOG. Is that during your time. We are going to a different park that day and can't make the reservation. You are welcome to it. We can coordinate
Old 07-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #5
Frozen2014
DIS Veteran

Totally agree. It's quite rude and inconsiderate. People get so disappointed when they don't get an ADR. A shame the system doesn't limit it.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:46 PM   #6
Airship Ariadne
Mouseketeer

Yes, I completely agree...unfortunately, I suppose there is no way to make people be considerate...and of course, if Disney tried to limit it to one per stay, then there would be a different thread here complaining that someone was unable to book it twice, and that they had two kids that had birthday's that week and each wanted to eat there or some other sob story.

We booked one ADR per day, and at different places each day...though I will admit to getting BOG...technically twice since we changed our trip after the initial bookings, and I had to cancel everything and retry...the ADR fairy visited twice as I got the exact same choices I had requested before, some at even better times.
Airship Ariadne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #7
5Hfan
Mouseketeer

Why not be frustrated with the insane system of trying to know where/when/what you want to eat 180 days away? Add in the fast pass plus booking and not knowing if you can get the ones you want the days you want, and no wonder people hedge their $$$ vacation plans with back up reservations!

Not sure how it isn't fair, maybe they will eat there 4 times? Or they will cancel in time and someone else will get the reservation. Or they will decide to just eat the cancellation fee and not cancel.

But wow people are trying to help others get a reservation by posting cancellations...won't be surprised when they stop because people made them feel bad for having multiple plans.
5Hfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #8
mamato3sweetgirls
Earning My Ears

Well, it's frustrating to me because I don't see how they do it! I sat my alarm and was up early to make our dining reservations on the 180 day mark. I didn't see a single BOG reservation for the duration of our stay. I keep checking back and am trying to be hopeful that something will open up, but I still haven't seen anything available at all.
mamato3sweetgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #9
5Hfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato3sweetgirls View Post
Well, it's frustrating to me because I don't see how they do it! I sat my alarm and was up early to make our dining reservations on the 180 day mark. I didn't see a single BOG reservation for the duration of our stay. I keep checking back and am trying to be hopeful that something will open up, but I still haven't seen anything available at all.
I think they are snapped up by those staying on site for trips 10 days or longer, thus the ability to essentially pre-book.
5Hfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #10
disneymomoffour
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Hfan View Post
Why not be frustrated with the insane system of trying to know where/when/what you want to eat 180 days away? Add in the fast pass plus booking and not knowing if you can get the ones you want the days you want, and no wonder people hedge their $$$ vacation plans with back up reservations!

Not sure how it isn't fair, maybe they will eat there 4 times? Or they will cancel in time and someone else will get the reservation. Or they will decide to just eat the cancellation fee and not cancel.

But wow people are trying to help others get a reservation by posting cancellations...won't be surprised when they stop because people made them feel bad for having multiple plans.
I am in no way trying to make anyone feel bad for trying to help others out with ressies, I think it is great, and I love these boards!! It is just frustrating to see those who have a bunch of ressies when many others can't even get one-you can understand that? I totally agree with you on being frustrated with the whole 180 day thing-that is a whole other discussion. I won't even get started with the 60 day Fast Pass ressies... Thanks so much for your response-and everyone elses! I would just really like just ONE dinner ressie at BOG for my daughter-but doesn't look possible. I'll keep trying though!!
1990 1st trip to Disney world-Offsite1991 Disneyland College Program-Castmember1994 Disney world Honeymoon-Offsite1999 All-Star Music2000 Disneyland2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Old Key West2003 Old Key West/Grand Floridian2004 Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian 2005 Disneyland2006, 2007 Polynesian 2008 Disney Cruise-Wonder/Disneyland
2009 Disney Cruise-Wonder2011 Port Orleans Riverside2012 Disney Cruise-Double Dip- Dream
Old 07-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #11
magickingdommommy
Mouseketeer

Don't give up! I have been trying for over a month, and just this week I was able to finally make a FP+ reservation for lunch, later that day I tried for dinner just out of routine and I was able to get one And the best part is that it is on a day that we were planning on being in the MK and it is at a normal time

I think that I will cancel my lunch FP+ so that we can enjoy the experience with fresh eyes at dinner

Anyways all that to say - Just keep trying...

2005 - AKL, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge, 2007 - Grand Floridian, 2008 - Fort Wilderness, 2009 - CR, 2010 - Off Site, 2011 - BLT & Vero Beach, 2012 Grand Californian & Aulani, 2013 - AKL, 2014 - WL/WLV

magickingdommommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #12
lizard1
DIS Veteran

There was someone awhile ago who said that they wanted BOG because it was the only place that their child could have the dessert and actually have a choice. If that were my child, I would certainly try to get a BOG ressie for every day I had at Magic Kingdom! Of course, one BOG dinner reservation is MORE than enough for us as I wasn't super impressed with the food I received there.
lizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #13
disneymomoffour
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magickingdommommy View Post
Don't give up! I have been trying for over a month, and just this week I was able to finally make a FP+ reservation for lunch, later that day I tried for dinner just out of routine and I was able to get one And the best part is that it is on a day that we were planning on being in the MK and it is at a normal time

I think that I will cancel my lunch FP+ so that we can enjoy the experience with fresh eyes at dinner

Anyways all that to say - Just keep trying...
Thank you!!! I have renewed hope...
Old 07-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #14
tiggeraholic
Mouseketeer

Today was our 180 days and I was able to get reservations for our entire party of 12 at BOG by calling in this morning. Our reservations are for day 5 of our trip and are three separate reservations of 4 and are all within 15 minutes of each other. The reservations are not all in my name but since our reservations are linked they allowed me to make all of them. Their was a computer problem today and I was up at 5AM CST with no luck at all. I called at 7 and was told to call back when the systems were up. The CM was actually the one who suggested breaking our party up.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #15
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

I know it's frustrating but I totally get why people are booking 2 or 3 BOG reservations for their trip but probably only intending to use one. It's almost impossible to know which park you will want to eat in at the six month mark.

And now people who don't have hoppers are scrambling since Disney announced the recent change of dates for extra magic hours. So having a back up BOG on a different night is a smart move if you can get it.

OP.....don't give up.....I have one BOG reservation booked for my upcoming trip, but it's kind of a late time. I keep checking daily and occasionally I see a BOG available for later times. People cancel ADR's constantly.....I should know!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: