Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #16
mcconnellfam96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelia View Post
Yes but 2 days at universal and one at NASA means I can do 3 double credit meals (plus who can eat 3 table service meals a day???)
Oh seriously....I would have a BLAST planning these ADRs!!
Old 07-04-2014, 02:39 AM   #17
funkydelia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcconnellfam96 View Post
Oh seriously....I would have a BLAST planning these ADRs!!
All help gratefully accepted! I'm getting mixed up with the days in each park etc.

Definitely want to do
Breakfasts
Tusker house
Crystal palace
Hollywood & Vine

Dinners
Artist point (without kids)
Hoop de Doo
Narcoosee's

But apart from that I'm lost!!
funkydelia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2014, 10:26 AM   #18
DJWMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
All help gratefully accepted! I'm getting mixed up with the days in each park etc.

Definitely want to do
Breakfasts
Tusker house
Crystal palace
Hollywood & Vine

Dinners
Artist point (without kids)
Hoop de Doo
Narcoosee's

But apart from that I'm lost!!
Make a list or chart of which park you're in which day, then go from there. You can go to allears and look at the menus for the restaurants, they have them listed by park/resort.

Have you seen the food picture threads? Looking at pictures of the food might help you decide
DJWMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #19
Boardwalk Tigger
DIS Veteran

Just remember that too many adrs can cut down on your freedom to enjoy your vacation especially with the current cancellation policy. Dinners adrs a good thing but I wouldnt bog yourself down with lunch breakfast everyday. I have to control myself making adrs but am happy when I am in Disney and am not overly committed to run to too many restaurants .
Boardwalk Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #20
funkydelia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk Tigger View Post
Just remember that too many adrs can cut down on your freedom to enjoy your vacation especially with the current cancellation policy. Dinners adrs a good thing but I wouldnt bog yourself down with lunch breakfast everyday. I have to control myself making adrs but am happy when I am in Disney and am not overly committed to run to too many restaurants .
good thinking.
Am I right in thinking I'd need to wait till park hours are published for oct?
Old 07-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #21
Boardwalk Tigger
DIS Veteran

I thought they were published. What do you need to know? You should book your important adrs now

For example I always start making dinner reservations first because it doesnt interfere in most of our park schedules as we dont tour alot after dinner and also like alot of the hotel and epcot restaurants as we stay at the Beach Club villas which is close by. We are usually tired the first day from getting up at 4am to get to the airport so our first day we eat lunch in Epcot( Chef de France and have dinner at Cape May which is in our resort. We tour epcot only as it is close to our hotel. Just an example. Some people eat at a certain favorite restaurant their first night. I would start with dinner reservations then go to breakfast lunch.If there is a must do restaurant then do those too. Happy to help with your planning Just about done with mine

Last edited by Boardwalk Tigger; 07-04-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #22
mcconnellfam96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
good thinking. Am I right in thinking I'd need to wait till park hours are published for oct?
Yes, all park hours are published for October - the calendar through December was revised last week.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #23
TinkerElsasMom
Mouseketeer

I agree with a PP who said make a chart. Breakfasts should be scheduled for pre park opening. It's amazing to get some picture experiences prior to the park being inundated with guests.

I would do love to help beyond that but I have no details about your trip?? How many days, must dis' etc. sounds like you're going to have a blast though.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #24
Boardwalk Tigger
DIS Veteran

Need to know where you are staying, who makes up your party, what kind of people are you...early birds late nighters? Have to tailor to your needs. I personally would not want to get to the park for breakfast before the park opened for several breakfasts. Once, yes a nice experience but not all but Im a more 10ish person for breakfast! Depends on your party and their needs. Depends on how late you were out the night before
Old 07-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #25
scdak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
LOL I guess 10 ADRs across 3 weeks isn't that bad, but in my last 5 trips I've only ever booked 1 ADR which was breakfast at Tusker House on our last trip. So 10 in comparison seems extravagant lol.
Heck, I had 28 ADR's for a 10 day vacation - and we only cancelled one of them! We had free dining, upgraded to deluxe. It was so much fun making the reservations, changing them, adding more, changing them again and had even more fun trying out so many places. This was just my best friend and I on this trip, we didn't plan on a lot of park time and just enjoyed going to all the deluxe resorts to soak in the atmosphere. I will say that we didn't use all the snacks but we sure did enjoy the treats we brought home I doubt we would ever do deluxe again (too much food for 2 Pooh sized girls!) but it sure was great to do it one
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family

October 2015 - just starting to think about it
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #26
funkydelia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk Tigger View Post
Need to know where you are staying, who makes up your party, what kind of people are you...early birds late nighters? Have to tailor to your needs. I personally would not want to get to the park for breakfast before the park opened for several breakfasts. Once, yes a nice experience but not all but Im a more 10ish person for breakfast! Depends on your party and their needs. Depends on how late you were out the night before
We are a family of 4. 2 adults and 2 kids (although ds10 a disney adult and def adult in his taste preferences) dd6 is allergic to dairy and soy. We are actually booked for Oct 2015 so park times aren't out for that yet!!!
We are total early birds but will also do late nights. Not desperate for the lunchtime nap/swim thing but may do if we need a break.
Staying at WL and def want to do one kid free meal at Artist Point as it's where we had our honeymoon 15yrs ago.
I don't want to wait in line for character m&gs and would rather see them at a couple of meals (probably with the exception of a&e) but dd10 will maybe feel edged out if it's too princess heavy!!
Old 07-05-2014, 06:49 AM   #27
funkydelia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerElsasMom View Post
I agree with a PP who said make a chart. Breakfasts should be scheduled for pre park opening. It's amazing to get some picture experiences prior to the park being inundated with guests. I would do love to help beyond that but I have no details about your trip?? How many days, must dis' etc. sounds like you're going to have a blast though.
14 days (with park tickets/hoppers/water parks) staying at the Wilderness Lodge and going to each main park 2-3 times (HS prob once)

I really appreciate the help!
Old 07-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #28
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
14 days (with park tickets/hoppers/water parks) staying at the Wilderness Lodge and going to each main park 2-3 times (HS prob once) I really appreciate the help!
The hopper tix will really help bc you won't be tied down to one park. No matter what park were at we almost always wanna eat at Epcot. Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: