Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

I cant stop booking ADRs!

It started out with H&V so DD4 and DS2 could meet the Disney Jr crew, breakfast at Crystal Palace, dinner at BOG, and breakfast at 'Ohana to meet Lilo and Stitch.

Then we booked a night at the GF and decided to book breakfast at Chef Mickey's so we can get the monorail over. Then DH requested we go back to Boma (I absolutely love AKL, so I didn't need persuading) and dinner at 'Ohana too.

I really want to try the Kitchen Sink, so we booked lunch at B&C. Then we added a night at a WL so booked WCC for that evening's dinner.

DH text me this afternoon to ask if we can book dinner at Sanaa - I said yes, of course!!

But I think we are going to cancel WCC. As much as I want to experience it, I think it may be a bit much for us (we like a quiet family dinner without having our phones wrapped in clingfilm or having to make big fuss about the kids wanting ketchup...)
Old 07-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
mcconnellfam96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
It started out with H&V so DD4 and DS2 could meet the Disney Jr crew, breakfast at Crystal Palace, dinner at BOG, and breakfast at 'Ohana to meet Lilo and Stitch.

Then we booked a night at the GF and decided to book breakfast at Chef Mickey's so we can get the monorail over. Then DH requested we go back to Boma (I absolutely love AKL, so I didn't need persuading) and dinner at 'Ohana too.

I really want to try the Kitchen Sink, so we booked lunch at B&C. Then we added a night at a WL so booked WCC for that evening's dinner.

DH text me this afternoon to ask if we can book dinner at Sanaa - I said yes, of course!!

But I think we are going to cancel WCC. As much as I want to experience it, I think it may be a bit much for us (we like a quiet family dinner without having our phones wrapped in clingfilm or having to make big fuss about the kids wanting ketchup...)
Just this week, WCC started giving guests the opportunity to "opt out" of all of the extra "fun". a two-sided disc is place on your table, one side red and the other side green. If you leave your disc green side up, you will not experience any of the normal "hi-jinks" and have a quieter dining experience.

P.S. I also am addicted to making ADRs.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcconnellfam96 View Post
Just this week, WCC started giving guests the opportunity to "opt out" of all of the extra "fun". a two-sided disc is place on your table, one side red and the other side green. If you leave your disc green side up, you will not experience any of the normal "hi-jinks" and have a quieter dining experience. P.S. I also am addicted to making ADRs.
That sounds better. I may keep it for now then. We can always leave it until we're at WDW and make sure we cancel within the 24 hour slot. Thanks for that!
Old 07-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #4
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
It started out with H&V so DD4 and DS2 could meet the Disney Jr crew, breakfast at Crystal Palace, dinner at BOG, and breakfast at 'Ohana to meet Lilo and Stitch. Then we booked a night at the GF and decided to book breakfast at Chef Mickey's so we can get the monorail over. Then DH requested we go back to Boma (I absolutely love AKL, so I didn't need persuading) and dinner at 'Ohana too. I really want to try the Kitchen Sink, so we booked lunch at B&C. Then we added a night at a WL so booked WCC for that evening's dinner. DH text me this afternoon to ask if we can book dinner at Sanaa - I said yes, of course!! But I think we are going to cancel WCC. As much as I want to experience it, I think it may be a bit much for us (we like a quiet family dinner without having our phones wrapped in clingfilm or having to make big fuss about the kids wanting ketchup...)
That doesn't sound like that many, I guess it depends on long you're there. LOL
I think the best thing about Disney is the food anyway.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #5
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
That doesn't sound like that many, I guess it depends on long you're there. LOL I think the best thing about Disney is the food anyway. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
LOL I guess 10 ADRs across 3 weeks isn't that bad, but in my last 5 trips I've only ever booked 1 ADR which was breakfast at Tusker House on our last trip. So 10 in comparison seems extravagant lol.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
Suzie13
Mouseketeer

Completely get what you mean. I started out just wAnting ohana dinner because I had heard rave reviews about it, then I looked and thought why not do dinning in MGM since cs is dire. I really wanted to experience the theme of sci fi and then I saw the 50s prime time and thought ill have to try that too and couldn't pick. I thought it'd be good to have dinner on a MNSSHP so booked up LTT for that and because I love USA history and thought itd be cool to explore the rooms but then when looking it up on food blog someone told me lunch was good especially desert so booked lunch for last MK day. I also booked CP for nostalgic sake after looking through old photo albums of me and my sis when I was young and thinking hey it'd be fun to go back. I also booked nacaroose for the same date for diner after reading everyone's great reviews. I then booked le ceillier on our last night as I didn't want to go home and eat on our last night. I also have via Napoli for lunch at Epcot because again read great reviews. It's getting our of control. So what started out as 3 reservations turned into 8?? I think and I still need a place to eat on the 13th for MVMCP for dinner somewhere and I am tempted to book one more breakfast. I have no idea if I am going to cancel any, who knows?
Suzie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #7
disney meema
DIS Veteran

I'm with you I keeping adding places to eat and then changing them up ... Canceling and changing these ADR so many times I'm not completely sure where we are eating lol thank goodness for the MDE app or is be lost.
Past trips is call and make them all over the phone and wrote them all down on paper and that was it. The MDE app makes it so easy to change and check times ect. so I am sure that's why I'm so undecided
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #8
DJWMom
Mouseketeer

Same!

Originally we were only going to do WCC. Then we got a FD pin for POR, so I decided to make a couple more. Dh and I had said we won't do too many, because we didn't want to spend all our time in restaurants. I ended up booking Liberty Tree for Lunch, Via Napoli, Boma, Ohana Breakfast, 50's prime time and WCC. So much for not too many ADR's
DJWMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #9
serene56
DIS Veteran

Too many? Lets see-- I arrive on Thursday and Leave about noon on Monday. We have 7 sit down reservations for our stay
Old 07-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #10
funkydelia
Mouseketeer

Does someone want to do mine for me?!!!

I have deluxe dining plan and a 14 day stay! I'm overwhelmed!
funkydelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #11
ptlohmysoul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelia View Post
Does someone want to do mine for me?!!!

I have deluxe dining plan and a 14 day stay! I'm overwhelmed!
That makes it easier - you don't have to decide - just make 1 reservation at every restaurant
ptlohmysoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
funkydelia
Mouseketeer

Yes but 2 days at universal and one at NASA means I can do 3 double credit meals (plus who can eat 3 table service meals a day???)
Old 07-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #13
Donald - my hero
Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
Rescues lime green Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot

We did the deluxe plan out of pure necessity last visit since hubby has numerous food issues. We had a late breakfast EVERYDAY since he can easily eat basic eggs bacon etc and if it was a big enough meal it would do us till an early dinner at a signature restaurant. We found that by eating at TS for every meal we had no problem (or worries!) with his food since we were able to speak to the chef before ordering. We had wonderful meals and even found plenty of snacks that he could tolerate.

This time around we are both older and i too must be careful with what i eat so we are only getting the basic plan. We find we don't eat as much anymore and i have found plenty of options to satisfy us.

Have fun on your trip -- and be sure to eat places where you can get food that is not what you might eat at home!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post52016805
Donald - my hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #14
IamJBo
Mouseketeer

For this next trip there was only 2 requests. Dinner @ BOG and to eat at Sci-Fi because we missed it the last trip. Then...

"Oh lets go back to Boma."
"Let's give Sanaa a try!"
"Oh look Ohana breakfast opened up."
"Let's get a kitchen sink - okay we wont finish it so lets just get a mini kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream."
"Wouldn't it be cool if CRT opened up? Oh it's full, but look Akershus has an opening!"
"Illuminations dessert party? Let's try that in case we don't get Wishes Dessert Party."
Old 07-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #15
funkydelia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald - my hero View Post
We did the deluxe plan out of pure necessity last visit since hubby has numerous food issues. We had a late breakfast EVERYDAY since he can easily eat basic eggs bacon etc and if it was a big enough meal it would do us till an early dinner at a signature restaurant. We found that by eating at TS for every meal we had no problem (or worries!) with his food since we were able to speak to the chef before ordering. We had wonderful meals and even found plenty of snacks that he could tolerate. This time around we are both older and i too must be careful with what i eat so we are only getting the basic plan. We find we don't eat as much anymore and i have found plenty of options to satisfy us. Have fun on your trip -- and be sure to eat places where you can get food that is not what you might eat at home!
This is why we went for TS meals as my daughter is allergic to dairy and soy and I thought I might be able to get more things she could eat.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: