DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
msmdisney
Earning My Ears

Difficulty in getting 2 BR

Hi- I have a question about availability. We are planning to buy via resale at either WLV or BLT, as a primary goal is to have easy access to MK. Our other main reason for buying is the ability to stay in a multi-room unit. We own HGVC and always stay in 2BR resorts when we travel. I realize travel habits change, but for the foreseeable future, we would want to book 2BR. Much of what I read on these forums is with regards to availability for studios and 1BR. I was curious if anyone had insight into how difficult it is to get a 2BR at WLV or BLT if it is your home resort. We plan ahead, would likely book early in the 11 month window, and would stay for a week at a time each year. Likely travel times are late October, early December, or late April (definitely non-Easter). Thanks!
msmdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM   #2
crisi
DIS Veteran

If you are booking early in the eleven month window, the only problem you might have would be BLT STANDARD view - those go quickly regardless of room size. (DVCers seem to like their bargain rooms). And late October and early December are two of the peak DVC travel times.

But if any two bedroom at BLT would do and you own there, you won't have a problem if you book that early. And you won't have an issue at VWL. Wait a few months for travel at those times of year and things might get tighter.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM   #3
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmdisney View Post
Hi- I have a question about availability. We are planning to buy via resale at either WLV or BLT, as a primary goal is to have easy access to MK. Our other main reason for buying is the ability to stay in a multi-room unit. We own HGVC and always stay in 2BR resorts when we travel. I realize travel habits change, but for the foreseeable future, we would want to book 2BR. Much of what I read on these forums is with regards to availability for studios and 1BR. I was curious if anyone had insight into how difficult it is to get a 2BR at WLV or BLT if it is your home resort. We plan ahead, would likely book early in the 11 month window, and would stay for a week at a time each year. Likely travel times are late October, early December, or late April (definitely non-Easter). Thanks!
Two bedroom lock-off units are made up of a 1 bedroom and a studio. If the studio portion is booked due to popularity, the 2 bedroom is removed from inventory.

Just a thought.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM   #4
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
For BLT:
If you would be OK with any view, you will not have any trouble booking a 2 bedroom villa if you book when the 11 month window opens. Almost all of the time, you will even be able to book the standard and theme park views. Note that those categories do contain less villas than the lake view category and will book up more quickly. You should have no trouble getting a 2 bedroom in late April (in any category) at 11 months. As already mentioned, late October and early December are more popular times, so you occasionally may have to book lake view and waitlist if you want the standard or theme park categories.

For VWL:
As long as you book when the 11 month window opens, you will be able to book your 2 bedroom. It's possible (but not very likely) that you may have to waitlist for the early December dates.

Again and in summary, 11 month availability shouldn't be much of a concern for buying BLT & VWL if you are willing and able to book during your home resort priority.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM   #5
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree with crisis, you shouldn't have issues for those 2 resorts for a 2 BR if you plan at 11 months out. As a rule, the order of demand normally is studios, 3 BR, 2 BR then 1BR. Also as crisis noted, low cost options (AKV value, BWV standard, BLT & VGF standard) will tend to be more difficult as will specialty items like AKV concierge BCV 2 queen dedicated units.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: