DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 10:17 AM   #1
scottwhite1964
Earning My Ears

BLT vs all the others

Hello everybody,
Now while I like all the parks MK is my favorite. My question is how hard is it to book BLT at 7 months? I'm looking for a 1 bedroom week stay either every year or every other. Like everybody I want the best value for my money. There's a big price difference 25$ per point between them. I'm thinking 250 points so it's 5 grand more basically for the same amount of points . I'm wondering if it is better to take that 5 grand and buy more points SSR and have longer/more stays or make BLT my home place. I have cash so I'm not to worried about the money but it is a big investment. Or split the points to have 2 different homes?
I hope for BLT for less than 100 and seeing SSR in the 70s.

Thanks
scottwhite1964 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #2
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran

If you want BLT at least every other stay, then buy there.

One thing that would mitigate the upfront buy-in difference is that you wouldn't be able to reserve a BLT standard view room if you didn't own there and book at eleven months. The reduced points to book that category would essentially eliminate the buy-in cost difference.

If you want to try all the resorts and like SSR okay, then it would indeed be a good choice. But if you know you want to stay at a specific resort half the time or more, then you had better own at that resort.
Msmithmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #3
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwhite1964 View Post
Hello everybody,
Now while I like all the parks MK is my favorite. My question is how hard is it to book BLT at 7 months?
during what time of year? early december will be tough. feb (non-holiday) trips should be workable.

Quote:
I'm looking for a 1 bedroom week stay either every year or every other. Like everybody I want the best value for my money. There's a big price difference 25$ per point between them. I'm thinking 250 points so it's 5 grand more basically for the same amount of points . I'm wondering if it is better to take that 5 grand and buy more points SSR and have longer/more stays or make BLT my home place. I have cash so I'm not to worried about the money but it is a big investment.
well, yeah. the people who paid extra for BLT likely did so to get access to BLT at the 11 month window. they want to be sure they can walk to the MK and that is the "value" added for them.

1BRs are typically the last to book up for most resorts. lake view rooms at BLT can be had at exactly 7 months out during much of the year. depending on when you travel, buying at SSR will be a solid plan that should work most of the time...but how disappointed will you be if it doesn't? that is the issue only you can answer.

Quote:
Or split the points to have 2 different homes?
not a good plan if you are already doing every other year unless you want to spend half the trip in one resort and half in another. remember that buying some BLT pts does not automatically turn your SSR pts into BLT pts. only BLT pts can book BLT at 11 months out.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: