Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Parkerpirates
Mouseketeer

Have you shared a cabana?

What was your experience? What were the arrangements (did you share at the same time or part of the day)? Did you know the family prior? If you didn't know the family, was it awkward?

Just trying to decide if we want to share a cabana. For one, it would be nice to split the cost and for two, I now realize how much some people really want one (when I offered to share, some offered to change their sail date to have a cabana!) and thought it would be nice to share the experience with another family that may not otherwise get to book one.
Hubby Wifey DD(4) DS(2)
Parkerpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
Parkerpirates
Mouseketeer

Anyone?
Hubby Wifey DD(4) DS(2)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #3
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

I've not done this but have read posts over time. Seems that people typically 'connect' via their group page of fb. Find someone they 'click' with and then go from there. Disney can split the cost between cabins once on board (as you aren't charged for the cabana until the day of).
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:57 PM   #4
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

We shared with another couple who we met online. Then we got the chance to meet them pre cruise. We clicked right away. We hung out in the cabana together and had a wonderful time together. In fact, we are planning another cruise with them & hope to grab a cabana to share again

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
Parkerpirates
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptwolfman View Post
We shared with another couple who we met online. Then we got the chance to meet them pre cruise. We clicked right away. We hung out in the cabana together and had a wonderful time together. In fact, we are planning another cruise with them & hope to grab a cabana to share again Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
That's so awesome! I kind of hope this happens to us because none of our friends like cruises.
Hubby Wifey DD(4) DS(2)
Old 07-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #6
AuntLesa
Earning My Ears

My sister and I shared a cabana with another sister pair that shared our dining table. I had need for, and booked the accessible cabana at the family beach. Although I was hoping to share, I decided to wait until after boarding before finding someone to share with because I felt more comfortable doing it with someone I met in person. It helped that Castaway Cay was the 5th day of a 7 night cruise. That allowed for plenty of time to meet people onboard.

We let the concierge in charge know what we were doing and the cost was split between our onboard accounts. They were a great couple of ladies and we enjoyed the day. There were no children involved and the adults pretty much did their own thing and we came together for lunch.
AuntLesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #7
Parkerpirates
Mouseketeer

Bumping for more answers. . We are sharing with another couple we have met through our cruise meet up. Would like to hear others experiences!
Hubby Wifey DD(4) DS(2)
Old 07-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #8
DizMagic
Mouseketeer

Our first cruise in 2011 we posted on our cruise thread that we would be interested in sharing our cabana and no one ever responded. I think maybe most people are leery of "rooming" with strangers.

We were able to snag a cabana for our upcoming 3 night in October. We will probably just hang there ourselves (even though there are only 2 of us) because it is just easier than trying to find someone to share.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #9
Parkerpirates
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizMagic View Post
Our first cruise in 2011 we posted on our cruise thread that we would be interested in sharing our cabana and no one ever responded. I think maybe most people are leery of "rooming" with strangers. We were able to snag a cabana for our upcoming 3 night in October. We will probably just hang there ourselves (even though there are only 2 of us) because it is just easier than trying to find someone to share.
Wow! I put a post on the Facebook disney cruise page asking for advice about sharing and I had people actually tell me they would switch their cruise dates to our cruise dates just to share a cabana. And then I had a couple of people on our cruise meet up respond right away with interest. Thankfully, the couple we decided to share with has a daughter about our daughters age and we seem to all have a lot in common.
Hubby Wifey DD(4) DS(2)
Old 11-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #10
Parkerpirates
Mouseketeer

Just thought I'd update since we have now "been there, done that"!

We shared our cabana with another family of three that we met through our FB cruise meet up. We also linked dinner reservations with them. They turned out to be such a nice couple and we had a great time getting to know them. So our cabana sharing adventure turned out to be a great deal. We saved $275, enjoyed the cabana thoroughly, made some new friends and I felt like we have another family some pixie dust.

It's not for everyone to want to share but you're in and out of the cabanas so much that there's really no feeling of imposing on anyone. It was nice to have a fridge stocked, a shower for rinsing off, and a hammock to take a nap in.
Hubby Wifey DD(4) DS(2)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: