Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #31
KarenMP59
DVC Member

Subbing!! Love it so far! We leave in 42 days and we can't wait! Our stateroom is across the hall from yours, 8014.

Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea February 2001Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2004Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2005Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2009Fantasy Eastern Caribbean May 2012Fantasy Eastern Caribbean April 2013Fantasy Western Caribbean March 2014Wonder Alaska September 2014Fantasy Eastern Caribbean February 2015

DVC 1997
Too many visits to WDW to count
KarenMP59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #32
BirdyGirl85
Lion King Fan <3

That's so cute how Tracy ordered the "Romance for 2" package because you were celebrating your anniversary. When she made you go somewhere else in the airport to make the phone call, did you have any idea what she was doing?

Looking forward to reading more about your trip!
BirdyGirl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 11:49 PM   #33
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Yay! So happy you are onboard! Your cabin is awesome- that was a huge score! Looking forward to hearing more-
We were so excited to finally cross that gangway and step on board the ship. The cabin was truly fantastic, and I think we made great use of the verandah during our cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMP59 View Post
Subbing!! Love it so far! We leave in 42 days and we can't wait! Our stateroom is across the hall from yours, 8014.
Welcome!! I hope you enjoy reading and that we can get you thoroughly pumped for your own cruise! I'm sure you'll have such a great time enjoying Deck 8—I know we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdyGirl85 View Post
That's so cute how Tracy ordered the "Romance for 2" package because you were celebrating your anniversary. When she made you go somewhere else in the airport to make the phone call, did you have any idea what she was doing?

Looking forward to reading more about your trip!
I knew she was trying to add something to our reservation, but I didn't know what, so it was a really fun surprise. Hope you keep enjoying reading along
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #34
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Update 7/22

Time to really get this party started. Check out the latest post here.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
Old 07-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #35
gardengirl2790
Mouseketeer

I'm so enjoying reading your cruise report/blog. How exciting, you're setting sail!
gardengirl2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #36
4everDisney
Earning My Ears

Hi Taylor, just finished reading your Disneyland report and I loved hearing about you and Tracy's adventures! So glad to hear you're both ok! Isn't it funny how when you read these trip reports you feel like you know the person/s now....lol. Anyway, can't wait to hear how you liked the cruise, my family and I are Gold members on the disney cruiseline now......we LOVE it! We haven't been to Alaska yet with Disney so your trip report will be fun! Take care of yourselves and your kitty cat too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #37
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl2790 View Post
I'm so enjoying reading your cruise report/blog. How exciting, you're setting sail!
I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying! It was certainly a thrill to finally start feeling the ship move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everDisney View Post
Hi Taylor, just finished reading your Disneyland report and I loved hearing about you and Tracy's adventures! So glad to hear you're both ok! Isn't it funny how when you read these trip reports you feel like you know the person/s now....lol. Anyway, can't wait to hear how you liked the cruise, my family and I are Gold members on the disney cruiseline now......we LOVE it! We haven't been to Alaska yet with Disney so your trip report will be fun! Take care of yourselves and your kitty cat too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
So glad that you read and enjoyed the DLR report! I totally know what you mean about feeling like you "know" the people you read about on the DIS. Being Gold members must mean you have plenty of awesome DCL adventures under your belt! I highly recommend getting up to Alaska if possible. It was truly amazing. Hope you have fun reliving our first cruise with us via the blog

Old 07-25-2014, 06:12 PM   #38
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Update 7/25

We set sail and enjoy our first table-service meal in the update to the blog posted here.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #39
Frey
Earning My Ears

Glad you had good luck with your tablemates! We were spoiled our first cruise with two really great couples, one from California and one from Denmark, who were all avid Disney fans. Our last cruise, not so much.

I do wish that couples were always seated at four tops as sitting across from your significant other makes conversation extremely difficult with awkward tablemates.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #40
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Loving your new report. Sure wish I'd known you were visiting our beautiful city. If ever you're coming back, let me know. I'll take you on a personal tour to all the hot tourist spots, including a walk down Storybrooke's main street.

Last edited by sechelt; 07-28-2014 at 08:52 AM.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #41
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
Glad you had good luck with your tablemates! We were spoiled our first cruise with two really great couples, one from California and one from Denmark, who were all avid Disney fans. Our last cruise, not so much.

I do wish that couples were always seated at four tops as sitting across from your significant other makes conversation extremely difficult with awkward tablemates.
We were really glad to have luck with our table mates as well. I feel like since it was our first cruise, having unpleasant people would have put a bad taste in our mouth. Sorry to hear you've had mixed luck in the past. I'm sure that's probably always how it has the potential to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechelt View Post
Loving your new report. Sure wish I'd known you were visiting our beautiful city. If ever you're coming back, let me know. I'll take you on a personal tour to all the hot tourist spots, including a walk down Storybrooke's main street.
Well I'm sure that would have made our Vancouver experience much more exciting! Next time!

Old 07-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #42
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Update 7/28

We make our first trip to the Walt Disney Theatre and order some very special room service in the latest update, posted here.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #43
disneymania0711
Mouseketeer

I love your trip reports. They are among the best on the DIS by far!
2015 - In Planning Mode!!!

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

disneymania0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #44
gardengirl2790
Mouseketeer

The cruise sounds awesome so far! Looking forward to more.
gardengirl2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #45
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Another great update! Your writing style really makes me feel as if I were there. Love the totem pole and the shirts.

Thanks for taking us all along on your trip to Alaska!

Disney World - Pop Century April '14

Last edited by Dizzy4DL; 07-28-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: