Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #31
wareagle57
Mouseketeer

I'm really confused about what the OP did wrong and how to avoid the mistake myself. The problem is not because it is a split stay is it? It is because they are using rented DVC points?

I still would not have thought you couldn't book FP+ 60 days out either way. Is there any way to do this?
wareagle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #32
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey View Post
I have a triple split and could book FP's from first resort check in. I was surprised considering I had to wait out until second check in to finish ADR's
You must have had tickets attached to the FIRST reservation. That's not the OP's case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
True, but CM's have told me this as well. Most guests trust that information/concierge desk CM's have reliable information about resort packages, and this question is slightly obscure.

One potential solution would be getting Annual Passes. I don't know where you go your tickets, but if they are via WDW directly, it may be possible to convert them now to AP's. You would then qualify for the AP discount....which might be better than the free dining discount if your dates match. ...

But I'm also not sure who told you that you can't book your FP+ until you check-in to the second resort. That doesn't sound correct. You should be able to book dining at the 180 day mark from the day of check-in, and FP at the 60 day mark.
When Robo mentioned being current here, it's for the purpose of knowing that the CMs are flat out wrong on the issue of picking up the tickets. Yes, typical guests want to trust the CMs. It's unfortunate that they trust them. So someone on the Dis can get to know the reality, and know it ahead of time.

You can book the AP rate before getting the AP.

They can't book the FPs for the first reservation because you have to have tickets on that reservation to book FPs. The OP doesn't. They have it for the second reservation, and you can't convince MDE that you'll be picking them up ahead of time. So they have to get there, pick up the tickets as the CMs onsite will allow you to do, and THEN book FP+s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle57 View Post
I'm really confused about what the OP did wrong and how to avoid the mistake myself. The problem is not because it is a split stay is it? It is because they are using rented DVC points?

I still would not have thought you couldn't book FP+ 60 days out either way. Is there any way to do this?
If they had booked the package first, and THEN had the points reservation, and if they had bought long enough tickets to cover through their stay, it would have worked. The order was backwards for doing what they want to do.

If, as it seems the OP was saying, the room only discount is better than free dining, they could dump the package, just do room only, and then buy tickets to attach to their first stay. I don't think there's a way to get the dining plan without turning it into a ticketed package, though. That might not be what the OP wants.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #33
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I didn't do anything wrong it's just that because my tickets are linked to my free dining package I can't pick them up early so then I can't book fast pass reservations for our first stay.
Some people were trying to be nice and help out and others were condescending and saying I didn't do it right. Our plan was always to rent both parts but life gets in the way and sick parents, funerals and my mind was elsewhere and I didn't get around to booking it.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:58 PM   #34
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
Just checked a quick sample...
Sept 26 - Oct 18, rack rate on a AKV one bedroom Savanna view is about $788 with tax. There's currently a General Public offer for 30% off Which is a discount of $236 per night. The current AP offer only goes until Sept 27, but is currently going at 35% off rack (in this case about $275)

The dining plan is worth (with tax) $60.64 per adult per day, and $19.23 per child per day. So if you have two adults, and two children in the room....The value of the Dining plan is $160 per day.

If you have two adults and two children in your room, and you are going during the above dates- a 30% discount (plus paid dining plan) would almost certainly be a bigger discount than 'free dining'. However, you'd also have the freedom to book a 'room only' room so you aren't locked into the policies of the dining plan. We usually find that to be the best deal.
Thanks. I just priced it out and the free dining is 600 more them room only so I would have to see if we would pay more then 600 in four days to make it worth dropping free dining ?!

Thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated
Old 06-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #35
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I didn't do anything wrong it's just that because my tickets are linked to my free dining package I can't pick them up early so then I can't book fast pass reservations for our first stay.
Some people were trying to be nice and help out and others were condescending and saying I didn't do it right. Our plan was always to rent both parts but life gets in the way and sick parents, funerals and my mind was elsewhere and I didn't get around to booking it.
The easiest solution is to reduce your FD package tickets to 2 days and buy UTC tickets for the entire stay and keep the 2 MYW tickets for another stay and link them to MDE.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #36
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Quote:
You COULD pick them up early (as long as it's not more than 3 days early), but you could not use them to make fastpass reservations for those 3 days until after you have picked them up. Until then, they will not be attached to your MDX account for those 3 days.

The problem you have is that you cannot pick them up 60 days early; you can't do anything with that until you have actually arrived at WDW.

If you want to make FP reservations sooner than that for those 3 days you will need to purchase other tickets.

Quote:
The easiest solution is to reduce your FD package tickets to 2 days and buy UTC tickets for the entire stay and keep the 2 MYW tickets for another stay and link them to MDE.
This is really the only way to get by with everything you want to do and still come out holding unused tickets that can be saved and used another time.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #37
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nevermind, this has been answered.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #38
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I just priced it out and the free dining is 600 more them room only so I would have to see if we would pay more then 600 in four days to make it worth dropping free dining ?!

Thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated
You can buy a ticketless, room-only discount + dining package if you would like.

My suggestion - drop the free dining AKV stay. Re-book under the room-only discount and add a dining package if you would like (you don't have to purchase tickets to do this). Then, buy tickets for your entire stay separately, link them to your MDE account and, voila, your FP+ situation is solved!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #39
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
You can buy a ticketless, room-only discount + dining package if you would like.

My suggestion - drop the free dining AKV stay. Re-book under the room-only discount and add a dining package if you would like (you don't have to purchase tickets to do this). Then, buy tickets for your entire stay separately, link them to your MDE account and, voila, your FP+ situation is solved!
Don't u have to have tickets to add dining??
Old 06-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #40
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
You COULD pick them up early (as long as it's not more than 3 days early), but you could not use them to make fastpass reservations for those 3 days until after you have picked them up. Until then, they will not be attached to your MDX account for those 3 days.

The problem you have is that you cannot pick them up 60 days early; you can't do anything with that until you have actually arrived at WDW.

If you want to make FP reservations sooner than that for those 3 days you will need to purchase other tickets.

This is really the only way to get by with everything you want to do and still come out holding unused tickets that can be saved and used another time.
Can iBook at 30 days out or no?
Old 06-30-2014, 03:39 PM   #41
MakiraMarlena

Quote:
Can iBook at 30 days out or no?
You can book at 60 days out from your WDW resort reservation but ONLY if you have tickets that correspond to your stay. By putting the room-only reservation ahead of the package, you have arranged it so that you will not have tickets for the first part of your stay. Since you don't have tickets for those 3 days at all you cannot book any FP+ for those days until you have tickets on your account that cover those 3 days. The way you have to do it now, you will not have those tickets until after you have arrived at WDW and gotten your package tickets early from Guest Services. So no, you can't book for those 3 days at 30 days or 60 days or any time until those tickets can be applied to that stay.

Quote:
Don't u have to have tickets to add dining??
Free dining, yes.

On a DVC reservation, no.

It's been noted that WDW is now allowing ANYONE (not just annual passholders) to book a ticketless room plus dining package if you call and request one (can't be done online). This was supposed to be a test and might stop at any time.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:08 PM   #42
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
You can book at 60 days out from your WDW resort reservation but ONLY if you have tickets that correspond to your stay. By putting the room-only reservation ahead of the package, you have arranged it so that you will not have tickets for the first part of your stay. Since you don't have tickets for those 3 days at all you cannot book any FP+ for those days until you have tickets on your account that cover those 3 days. The way you have to do it now, you will not have those tickets until after you have arrived at WDW and gotten your package tickets early from Guest Services. So no, you can't book for those 3 days at 30 days or 60 days or any time until those tickets can be applied to that stay.

Free dining, yes.

On a DVC reservation, no.

It's been noted that WDW is now allowing ANYONE (not just annual passholders) to book a ticketless room plus dining package if you call and request one (can't be done online). This was supposed to be a test and might stop at any time.
Thanks. I like the dining package idea!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #43
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post

This sounds like a smart plan! You should be able to do this if you call Disney directly (I don't believe you will be able to do this online)

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Altoqueenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #44
princessap
DIS Veteran

I have free dining booked so I will have to cancel that to book room only and do a different deposit right??

How do I get them to add the dining on without tickets???
Old 07-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #45
MakiraMarlena

1. Yes.

2. Ask specifically for a room plus dining package, no tickets. Sometimes referred to as a ticketless package. Make sure it's available before you cancel anything.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: