Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #16
wdwlver
DIS Veteran
 
wdwlver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Sorry, but that is incorrect info.

Guests can pick up their resort package tickets up to 3 days before that resort package check-in date.

This means that if check-in is, say, on a Thursday, the package tickets can be picked up at a theme park
Guest Relations as early as on that prior Monday.
This is correct and I wish I had known that before spending 700 bucks on tickets for the non package dvc portion of our trip.
__________________



Disney Trips
2014 - GFV & YC - 2013 - BC & BCV - 2012 - GF, BCV - 2011 - BCV, YC - 2010 - POLY & BCV - 2009 - BWV & BCV - 2008 - BWI & BWV, 2007 - BWV, 2006 - BWV & BCV,2005 - SSR & YC, 2004 - WL,2003 - Swan,2002 - WL,2001 - AKL,2000 - GF,1999 - WL & YC,1997 - WL,1994 - GF,1993 - GF & BC,1992 - GF,1991 - CR & BC, - & many trips to DLR
wdwlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:44 AM   #17
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoqueenkelly View Post
Just to clarify (and I don't mean to pick)... but FP+ is available 60 days early for resort guests and 30 for everyone else. I'm assuming you mixed up the 180 from the ADRs
Yep, I meant 60, thanks!
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #18
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2trav View Post
You should have rented points AFTER your AKL stay and the tickets would have been activated.
Right. That's the theory behind the throwaway room, the onsite stay plus attached tickets allow you to prebook FPP at 60 days for the length of tickets, even if the length of onsite stay is shorter. Although I don't know if that loophole is even working anymore.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #19
ckelly14
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
Right. That's the theory behind the throwaway room, the onsite stay plus attached tickets allow you to prebook FPP at 60 days for the length of tickets, even if the length of onsite stay is shorter. Although I don't know if that loophole is even working anymore.
I don't think this applies to the current situation. She already has a onsite stay scheduled. This would not be an issue if they weren't package tickets, right?
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #20
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
I don't think this applies to the current situation. She already has a onsite stay scheduled. This would not be an issue if they weren't package tickets, right?
Right. If they weren't package tickets she could just attach them to the DVC stay. I was just agreeing with the PP that flipping the order would have solved the problem using the same concept as the throwaway room.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #21
Luv2trav
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Uniontown, Ohio
Posts: 2,173

Interesting I didn't know that. Always thought it had to be tied to you resort stay at check in.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Sorry, but that is incorrect info.

Guests can pick up their resort package tickets up to 3 days before that resort package check-in date.

This means that if check-in is, say, on a Thursday, the package tickets can be picked up at a theme park
Guest Relations as early as on that prior Monday.
__________________
2014-July RPH/BLT
2013-Dec SSR
2012-July/Aug-BLT, AKV, BWV
2011-Nov/Dec SSR
2011 March/April-Beach Club Villas and AKV..
2010-March/April Pop/BWV/Poly
2009-June AKV Kidani
2008-June BCV
2007-Dec SSR Joined DVC-8/2007 AKV! May 2007 VB, SSR and VWL 2 bedroom May 2006 SSR 2 bedroom! October 2005 Contemporary February 2005 AKL Sav View May/June 2004 POFQ/POLY March 2003 Off Site
Luv2trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #22
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 79,199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2trav View Post
Interesting I didn't know that. Always thought it had to be tied to you resort stay at check in.
One of the many things guests can discover if they keep current on the DISboards.

It's a great community of information!
__________________
.


.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #23
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
One of the many things guests can discover if they keep current on the DISboards.

It's a great community of information!
True, but CM's have told me this as well. Most guests trust that information/concierge desk CM's have reliable information about resort packages, and this question is slightly obscure.

OP, we did this on our first split stay too! I asked multiple CM's about getting our tickets early - one the phone before we went and twice at the resort.

Lucky for us, it was before FP+, and our non-ticket stay was just one day.

One potential solution would be getting Annual Passes. I don't know where you go your tickets, but if they are via WDW directly, it may be possible to convert them now to AP's. You would then qualify for the AP discount....which might be better than the free dining discount if your dates match. (You can combine AP discount plus the DDP, it is just a different discount. You'd get 30% off the room portion of your stay, while adding the cost of the DDP. Plus AP's get a few small bonus discounts on merchandise.

AP's cost more than straight 7day tickets, but- they are good for a full year. If you usually go every year, and can go one week earlier next year, then they may well be a good deal. (Because you'd be able to buy one set of AP's to cover two trips) Often, when we used to go during free dining- ASK!!!- we were offered a 30% off bounceback offer. You have to book it before you leave WDW. (I usually book it while we're waiting in the airport for our flight. ) If you book a great bounceback offer before check out, then you'd really be all set.

But I'm also not sure who told you that you can't book your FP+ until you check-in to the second resort. That doesn't sound correct. You should be able to book dining at the 180 day mark from the day of check-in, and FP at the 60 day mark. Further, for prebooking purposes - your crossover day will be part of the first stay. Guests are allowed- or rather expected - to go to a park on the day they check out. Unused dining credits are good until midnight of the day you check out. So if you check out of BLT on Auguest 10 say- you'd be able to book FP+ on Aug 10 as part of your BLT stay. You'd be able to pre-book dining and FP+ for Aug 11 when the AKV check-in date hits the eligible dates.

I think you'll fully be able to get A&E on your crossover day.

Last edited by mickeyluv'r; 06-30-2014 at 01:52 PM.
mickeyluv'r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #24
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,794

Just checked a quick sample...
Sept 26 - Oct 18, rack rate on a AKV one bedroom Savanna view is about $788 with tax. There's currently a General Public offer for 30% off Which is a discount of $236 per night. The current AP offer only goes until Sept 27, but is currently going at 35% off rack (in this case about $275)

The dining plan is worth (with tax) $60.64 per adult per day, and $19.23 per child per day. So if you have two adults, and two children in the room....The value of the Dining plan is $160 per day.

If you have two adults and two children in your room, and you are going during the above dates- a 30% discount (plus paid dining plan) would almost certainly be a bigger discount than 'free dining'. However, you'd also have the freedom to book a 'room only' room so you aren't locked into the policies of the dining plan. We usually find that to be the best deal.
mickeyluv'r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #25
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 79,199

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
True, but CM's have told me this as well. Most guests trust that information/concierge desk CM's have reliable information about resort packages, and this question is slightly obscure.

OP, we did this on our first split stay too! I asked multiple CM's about getting our tickets early - one the phone before we went and twice at the resort.

Lucky for us, it was before FP+, and our non-ticket stay was just one day.
I don't understand your point.

Of course there is much bad info given by uninformed CM's.
(In fact, the "phone CM's" are REQUIRED to tell guests that they
can't pick up their package tickets early.)

That's why we here on the boards keep giving out the REAL information.


And, how do we know that it's "real?"

Because as soon as the info changes, a dozen or so other DISer's swoop in and let us know.

This is a great community of information.

From no other source will you find this level of near-instantaeous "peer review" of info.
__________________
.


.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #26
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you
 
MakiraMarlena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temperate zones, tropic zones, no parking zones
Posts: 4,852

If you call WDW they will tell you that you can't pick up your tickets early.

When by all information we currently have here, you in fact can do so. There is a specific way to do it, which I believe is still outlined in the ticket sticky.

However, that won't help you with booking FP+ because you can't pick up the tickets early until you are actually at WDW and they won't show on your MDX for those days until you've done so. Probably way too late to book Anna & Elsa because they book up fastest out of everything.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #27
wdwlver
DIS Veteran
 
wdwlver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 547

CM's told me specifically over the phone that my only option was to buy tickets to cover VGF stay. I was upset but did it. Posted about it here and learned from Robo that I was purposefully mislead and I could've picked up package tix early. It was too late for me but at least lesson learned.
__________________



Disney Trips
2014 - GFV & YC - 2013 - BC & BCV - 2012 - GF, BCV - 2011 - BCV, YC - 2010 - POLY & BCV - 2009 - BWV & BCV - 2008 - BWI & BWV, 2007 - BWV, 2006 - BWV & BCV,2005 - SSR & YC, 2004 - WL,2003 - Swan,2002 - WL,2001 - AKL,2000 - GF,1999 - WL & YC,1997 - WL,1994 - GF,1993 - GF & BC,1992 - GF,1991 - CR & BC, - & many trips to DLR
wdwlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #28
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoqueenkelly View Post
I agree, this would have been the easy and most logical way to do a split stay. However, OP since youve already booked this backwards, see if you cant follow ROBO's advice and activate your tickets early.
Our plan was to do that but life happens sometimes and things came up.
__________________
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #29
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
Just checked a quick sample...
Sept 26 - Oct 18, rack rate on a AKV one bedroom Savanna view is about $788 with tax. There's currently a General Public offer for 30% off Which is a discount of $236 per night. The current AP offer only goes until Sept 27, but is currently going at 35% off rack (in this case about $275)

The dining plan is worth (with tax) $60.64 per adult per day, and $19.23 per child per day. So if you have two adults, and two children in the room....The value of the Dining plan is $160 per day.

If you have two adults and two children in your room, and you are going during the above dates- a 30% discount (plus paid dining plan) would almost certainly be a bigger discount than 'free dining'. However, you'd also have the freedom to book a 'room only' room so you aren't locked into the policies of the dining plan. We usually find that to be the best deal.
thanks I priced it out and room only discount seemed better discount but maybe I am wrong and should reprice it…thanks for this helpful post..our dates are september 17-21 so will see…I anted to rent points for the whole trip but unfortunately things came up and life got in the way so now I have to do it through disney.
__________________
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #30
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I don't understand your point.

Of course there is much bad info given by uninformed CM's.
(In fact, the "phone CM's" are REQUIRED to tell guests that they
can't pick up their package tickets early.)

That's why we here on the boards keep giving out the REAL information.


And, how do we know that it's "real?"

Because as soon as the info changes, a dozen or so other DISer's swoop in and let us know.

This is a great community of information.

From no other source will you find this level of near-instantaeous "peer review" of info.
Seriously?

I posted partly because your answer was condescending. Just like this post.

Normal people generally trust the answers actual employees (of a business) give over answers given out by strangers on the internet.

"But some guy on the internet said I could get my tickets three days early."

I've had the misfortune of having to visit guest services a number of times. Most of the time, I have to speak to a manager to convert my regular park ticket to an AP, or bridge a ticket bought by a discount broker. I even had one CM accuse me of ticket theft when I wanted to add days to a UT ticket!

It's not nearly as simple as you make it sound to successfully remedy out-of-the-ordinary ticket situations.
mickeyluv'r is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.