Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

Regretting split stay :(

So I was really excited to try two resorts but now it is turning out to be a pain!! I am being told I won't get access to my tickets for the second half early now and I can't book FP plus reservations until my second stay check in…anyone have any ideas of what to do?!?!? I really don't want to buy two sets of tickets!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
So I was really excited to try two resorts but now it is turning out to be a pain!!

1- I am being told I won't get access to my tickets for the second half early now

2- and I can't book FP plus reservations until my second stay check in…anyone have any ideas of what to do?!?!?

3- I really don't want to buy two sets of tickets!
1- You can pick-up (and use at the parks) your package tickets at a park Guest Relations up to 3 days before check-in.

2- Is your first resort a NON-Disney resort?

3- You did not include enough details for us to give you options.

Dates and locations are very important.

Last edited by Robo; 06-30-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2014, 08:14 AM   #3
princessap
DIS Veteran

OUr first stay is rented points at BLT for three nights and then we move to AKV for 4 nights with free dining…it won't let me book the fast passes until July 19th which coincides with our AKV check in…however we have a MK day planned for when we are at BLT and I really want to FP Anna and Elsa like the rest of the world! lol

Will I have to buy single day tickets to make this happen!?
Old 06-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #4
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
OUr first stay is rented points at BLT for three nights and then we move to AKV for 4 nights with free dining…it won't let me book the fast passes until July 19th which coincides with our AKV check in…however we have a MK day planned for when we are at BLT and I really want to FP Anna and Elsa like the rest of the world! lol

You definitely have to buy at least two day tickets for the AK portion in order to get free dining. Sounds like you should buy tickets for as many days as you will need on your AKV package (7 days for example) and pick them up 3 days prior to the start of your package. I'm not sure if that would be the same day as your BLT check-in, or if you'd have to wait a day.

The only alternative would be to buy tickets through Undercover Tourist or Disney (or wherever) ahead of time to use for your whole stay, and keep the 2 day tickets you'll have to buy with the package for a future use. The two day tickets won't expire.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

I hate split stays but seem to be in the minority, but you havn't done it yet, it may not be that bad. based on what your have said you are getting some bad info from CM's already.

You will need to buy tickets to schedule FPP for BLT (which there is no way in the world I'm wasting money on that but that's just me). Add days onto your tickets for the AK stay, pick them up early at GS and schedule FPP that day in park.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #6
Southerndisney
Mouseketeer

I have the same situation. I have one night at All Star Movies before I check in for free dining at Pop. So I will have two sets of magic bands, one from each hotel. The tickets are attached to the Pop stay. I assume I can get my tickets from GS a day early and I will have to make FP+ for that day at the park. Is that correct?
Southerndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

I'm confused...Why did you think you would be able to book FPP 60 days before the BLT stay if there are no tickets attached to that stay? I don't mean to sound mean, but I am just curious if there is something I am missing?

I find split stays to be easy, but I've always done them through Disney directly with the tickets attached to the first stay as a package and then the second stay is a room-only and the tickets carry over.

Last edited by ArwenMarie; 06-30-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Error in number of days
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #8
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I'm confused...Why did you think you would be able to book FPP 180 days before the BLT stay if there are no tickets attached to that stay? I don't mean to sound mean, but I am just curious if there is something I am missing?

I find split stays to be easy, but I've always done them through Disney directly with the tickets attached to the first stay as a package and then the second stay is a room-only and the tickets carry over.
Just to clarify (and I don't mean to pick)... but FP+ is available 60 days early for resort guests and 30 for everyone else. I'm assuming you mixed up the 180 from the ADRs

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Altoqueenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #9
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I agree, this would have been the easy and most logical way to do a split stay. However, OP since youve already booked this backwards, see if you cant follow ROBO's advice and activate your tickets early.

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Altoqueenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #10
OnceUponATime15
Disney frequent flyer..

We've just made changes to the order of Resorts in our split stay in August, at the time we made a change the CM made sure our park tickets moved to & became attached to our first resort package. That way we know we're covered for our already made ADRs & FPs.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #11
Luv2trav
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you are trying to get your tickets earlier from you package with AKL for your BLT stay and you cannot do that until you AKL package is checked in. You will not be able to get these park tickets until you check in at AKL. You should have rented points AFTER your AKL stay and the tickets would have been activated.
2011-Nov/Dec SSR
2011 March/April-Beach Club Villas and AKV..
2010-March/April Pop/BWV/Poly
2009-June AKV Kidani
2008-June BCV
2007-Dec SSR Joined DVC-8/2007 AKV! May 2007 VB, SSR and VWL 2 bedroom May 2006 SSR 2 bedroom! October 2005 Contemporary February 2005 AKL Sav View May/June 2004 POFQ/POLY March 2003 Off Site
Luv2trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #12
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2trav View Post
It sounds like you are trying to get your tickets earlier from you package with AKL for your BLT stay and you cannot do that until you AKL package is checked in. You will not be able to get these park tickets until you check in at AKL. You should have rented points AFTER your AKL stay and the tickets would have been activated.
Sorry, but that is incorrect info.

Guests can pick up their resort package tickets up to 3 days before that resort package check-in date.

This means that if check-in is, say, on a Thursday, the package tickets can be picked up at a theme park
Guest Relations as early as on that prior Monday.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #13
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

I have a triple split and could book FP's from first resort check in. I was surprised considering I had to wait out until second check in to finish ADR's
Old 06-30-2014, 09:53 AM   #14
DisUniversal
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Is it possible to book a 'dummy' hotel stay to coincide with the BLT nights, attach the tickets to that and then cancel the hotel portion? I seem to remember seeing someone here that was able to do that, but don't recall the exact details. Perhaps someone else does.
DisUniversal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:12 AM   #15
RedskinFan
Mouseketeer

I have a similar scenario but in August. We are booked at VWL on rented points for the first 3 nights and then booked at CSR with free dining for 4 nights. We plan on picking up our tickets early from our CSR package. My FP+ window opened at 180 prior to our VWL stay but I could only book for our CSR stay. When I called IT I was told I would have to wait until I got my tickets to book FP+ for our VWL days.
RedskinFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: