Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #31
Merida DunBroch
I will fight, I will fly, taste the wind and touch the sky..

Wow, five-year-old sister and I are so jealous. We won't be there until next year. Think if the reception to this is well enough they may keep parts of it?

Mom(30-something) Dad(40-something) Me(16) DB(13) DB(11) DB(9) DS(4)
Official lover of Kristoff Bjorgman of Arendelle!
Merida DunBroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #32
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Thanks for putting this thread together lovethattink!!!! Looking forward to reading tips on this. We are heading to WDW in 2 1/2 weeks!
Please be sure to report back with your experience and tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
It appears that if you want to skate there yourself, you must rent skates. The person answering the questions on the Parks Blog did not come out and say you could bring your own skates. He just repeated that skates would be available for rental for a nominal fee. That will be very disappointing to my daughter who would probably like to skate, but not in rentals. I am trying to get a direct answer to this and I will post if I do.
Thanks. Look forward to the answer. That may be a question security has to answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida DunBroch View Post
Wow, five-year-old sister and I are so jealous. We won't be there until next year. Think if the reception to this is well enough they may keep parts of it?
You never know? The Symphony in the Stars fireworks were used in May 2013 and were brought back this year for SWW. Villains Unleashed was first a Limited Time Magic event and now it's being brought back in August as a special ticketed event.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2014, 02:51 AM   #33
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Welcome! From your signature, it looks like you have an awesome vacation planned; Trade Winds, Universal and Disney! I have two boys. My oldest thinks it's great for Disney to add this, but if he misses it he won't be upset. My youngest loves Kristoff and Sven and he is so happy to see Kristoff added to the line up! He loves theater and singing so he is very excited about the sing-along. He wants to dress like Kristoff, disneybounding style. We have a few days to work on that! Missyrose gave us some great ideas! But he is mostly excited for the activities inside Soundstage 1.[/QUOTE]

Frozen kind of passed me buy and when my son and I finally went to see it, half way through the film he leant over to me and said "mum, would we have come to see this if we'd known it was about Princesses?" He made me laugh so much. I think the trailers we'd seen only had the snowman and I also didn't realise it was a musical. My two seven year old nieces just love it and I have promised to bring back something Frozen for them. They came with us last year and I just wish my brothers family could come again. It was so much fun. I plan to take them to a Frozen sing a long at the cinema in London, not quite the same but sure it will be a lot if fun.
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #34
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal1000 View Post
Frozen kind of passed me buy and when my son and I finally went to see it, half way through the film he leant over to me and said "mum, would we have come to see this if we'd known it was about Princesses?" He made me laugh so much. I think the trailers we'd seen only had the snowman and I also didn't realise it was a musical. My two seven year old nieces just love it and I have promised to bring back something Frozen for them. They came with us last year and I just wish my brothers family could come again. It was so much fun. I plan to take them to a Frozen sing a long at the cinema in London, not quite the same but sure it will be a lot if fun.
The trailers with Olaf were deceiving.

I'm glad my dh and ds enjoyed Frozen as much as I did. My youngest takes theater classes and voice lessons. He loves musicals.

The Frozen merchandise seems to go off the shelves quickly. So if you see something you want to get the girls (especially the dolls) be sure to get it then. Sir Mickey's at the MK has a large selection of Frozen merchandise. Though things go out of stock there quickly.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:00 AM   #35
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Something for everyone to keep in mind is that, for the duration of this event, TSMM, One Man's Dream and Legend of Capt. Jack Sparrow will close at 8:30pm because of safety issues with fireworks fall out.
Also Great Movie Ride will close at 8pm. On this I'm not completely sure but I think they re-open GMR faster than TSMM because there's less fireworks fall out.
On days that the park closes at 10pm they will not re open.
When the park closes later TSMM and Jack Sparrow will most likely open around 10:20pm to 10:30pm
yulilin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #36
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
Something for everyone to keep in mind is that, for the duration of this event, TSMM, One Man's Dream and Legend of Capt. Jack Sparrow will close at 8:30pm because of safety issues with fireworks fall out.
Also Great Movie Ride will close at 8pm. On this I'm not completely sure but I think they re-open GMR faster than TSMM because there's less fireworks fall out.
When the park closes later TSMM and Jack Sparrow will most likely open around 10:20pm to 10:30pm
good to know...thanks!!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:28 AM   #37
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Subbing on the off-chance that they extend this through Sept.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #38
herb102211
DIS Veteran

Subscribing

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club 11/14- AoA
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:11 AM   #39
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
When you say "close" do they dump the queue, or will you be able to get a ride in if you're in line by 8:30?

Also, do you think that 8:30 close will be moved to 8:00 on nights at the end of August when the fireworks move to 9:15?

We'll probably do the fireworks on our first night, but then do something else the second night...an extra TSM ride would be awesome. I just need to know what time to get into line.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:13 AM   #40
mcconnellfam96
DIS Veteran

Very interested in checking this all out! Wondering if this has anything to do with why all the park hours were adjusted a week or so ago beginning in July.....maybe to try and even out the demand. Interesting! We are looking forward to it!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #41
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Thank you for starting this thread - we are going after August 17 and I had no idea that the fireworks moved to 9:15 PM then.

For all those going in July, have a great trip and I look forward to hearing all about it :-)

Thanks again!
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #42
TinkerElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Has there been any word that they will be doing a themed dining event similar to SWW? Or a fireworks party?
Old 06-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #43
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Today are auditions for the singing Anna and Elsa. Best wishes to everyone. Break a leg!

Welcome to all the new posters and lurkers.

Quote:
Thanks! I knew you'd know which attractions and their times! Adding that to the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Corinne View Post
Subbing on the off-chance that they extend this through Sept.
Welcome. I hope so too. Though I'm sure many of the cm for this will also be working MNSSHP. So that might make it tricky to extend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb102211 View Post
Subscribing
Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
When you say "close" do they dump the queue, or will you be able to get a ride in if you're in line by 8:30?

Also, do you think that 8:30 close will be moved to 8:00 on nights at the end of August when the fireworks move to 9:15?

We'll probably do the fireworks on our first night, but then do something else the second night...an extra TSM ride would be awesome. I just need to know what time to get into line.
If you are already in line, you are fine. They will stop letting people ride, and usher those exiting to exit towards Star Tours and out towards echo lake.

Yes, when fireworks are earlier, the close times will be earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcconnellfam96 View Post
Very interested in checking this all out! Wondering if this has anything to do with why all the park hours were adjusted a week or so ago beginning in July.....maybe to try and even out the demand. Interesting! We are looking forward to it!
Welcome. More than likely park hours were adjusted for this new summer event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
Thank you for starting this thread - we are going after August 17 and I had no idea that the fireworks moved to 9:15 PM then.

For all those going in July, have a great trip and I look forward to hearing all about it :-)

Thanks again!
You're welcome. Down deep in the comments of the Disney blog those hours were listed. Welcome to the thread. Look forward to hearing about your experience after hours change.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #44
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerElsasMom View Post
Has there been any word that they will be doing a themed dining event similar to SWW? Or a fireworks party?
The Disney blog said that announcements from dining and merchandise are soon to come. For sure, I'd expect some food like cupcakes and special beverages to be announced. I'm expecting hot chocolate with different flavors like they had during Christmas at Epcot. Hopefully the hot apple cider with flavors too. I made special trips to World Showcase for the cider with marshmallow. I'd love to see a dessert fireworks and a character meal, but this late in the game, I'm doubtful, but hopeful.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #45
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Planned a quick mother-daughter trip for July, and now super excited that Frozen has been added during our stay!! I can't wait for the sing-a-long! Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen, frozen premium package, frozen royal welcome, frozen summer fun live, oaken's funland

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: