Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #16
southernfriedmom
Mouseketeer

Just when I was getting sad that our SWW thread was winding down- now I'm seeing similar posters here- yay!!! Time to start developing a new plan of attack for DHS for our mid/late July trip. Thanks lovethattink!!!
southernfriedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #17
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Are the fireworks part of Fantasmic?

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #18
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangzoom6877 View Post
No, they are shot off from behind the Hat @ 9:45. If someone attends the 1st Fantasmic, by the time they look for a spot for fireworks, there won't be anything available.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #19
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

The blog said food and merchandise updates are soon to come. I wonder if there will be a Dessert Fireworks like there was for SWW? A frozen character meal would be pretty awesome too! One can wish. The dessert fireworks and the meals were huge successes during SWW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfriedmom View Post
Just when I was getting sad that our SWW thread was winding down- now I'm seeing similar posters here- yay!!! Time to start developing a new plan of attack for DHS for our mid/late July trip. Thanks lovethattink!!!
Welcome! I know, right. This is exciting to have something so "cool" to look forward to.

I've been thinking about my plan of attack for July 5th. I expect it to be crazy busy and a bit unorganized since it's the first day. There are usually those first day kinks to work out.

I think we will try to catch the parade, but skip the stage welcome and head over to wait in line for the 12:30 show. Unless wrist bands are given out for the show and we have wristbands. Then I'd stay for the welcome before heading for lunch.

I'm expecting lines for the Trading Post similar to those of Darth's Mall. If I see they are too long, I'll try to go first thing in the morning another day or before it closes for fireworks in the evening.

Quote:
Welcome!

No, the fireworks are in addition! It's a totally separate show. You won't be able to view the fireworks from the Fantasmic area. The fireworks will be best viewed from Hollywood BLVD. Echo Lake is another good viewing spot if you don't mind trees in the way.

The characters will be on stage leading up to the fireworks. If you are right in front of the hat, you'll have a great view of the characters, but lousy view of the fireworks. The VIP section for the SWW fireworks was located by Min and Bill's. Back a bit from the hat will have the fireworks centered perfectly. I preferred being near 50's PTC at Echo Lake or in between the Idol screen and the hat for firework viewing. We sat on the ground at the latter spot because it was more comfortable for viewing. Standing gave a big kink in the neck.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #20
j2thomason
Mouseketeer

If anyone hears of a handicap/wheelchair viewing section for the welcome or fireworks, please post it here. My 86 year old mother will be with us in a wheelchair. Judging by my experience on May the Fourth Be With You fireworks last year, I know both of those events will be like mosh-pits. I know my mom would like to see the welcome and the fireworks, but if people are standing all around her while she is stuck in a wheelchair, she won't get to see anything.
1 Disney cruise
1 Disneyland Paris trip
Annual Passholder since 2013
Always planning my next Disney trip!
°O°

j2thomason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #21
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2thomason View Post
If anyone hears of a handicap/wheelchair viewing section for the welcome or fireworks, please post it here. My 86 year old mother will be with us in a wheelchair. Judging by my experience on May the Fourth Be With You fireworks last year, I know both of those events will be like mosh-pits. I know my mom would like to see the welcome and the fireworks, but if people are standing all around her while she is stuck in a wheelchair, she won't get to see anything.
For sww, the disability viewing of the parade was on the right hand side facing the hat, and near the sound tent. I think only one person was allowed to accompany.

I don't remember seeing any section for the fireworks, but crowds weren't anything like the May the fourth crowds of 2013. Since it's spread over each night that will help with crowds.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #22
ldymcbth
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping that won't be SWW-heavy since the events happen each and every day. Maybe that's wishful thinking!!!
ldymcbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #23
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Aww, bummer that we won't see it from the Fantasmic! area. We have the F! Dinner Package so we have to go to the first show at 9:00. I suppose we will try to see even a tiny bit of the Frozen fireworks, but sounds like we will miss it.

I think we will try for the indoor activities though, and also the dance party. Our F! Dinner ADR is 5:45 so we could check out the dance party at least for a little while after we finish dinner but before Fantasmic!

I wonder if they will have special Frozen character meals like they did for SWW. We have a late breakfast planned for H&V because my boys still love Jake, but I'm sure they would love a Frozen character meal even more...they really love that movie. I would gladly trade the one we have for one with Frozen characters!

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
Old 06-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #24
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldymcbth View Post
I'm hoping that won't be SWW-heavy since the events happen each and every day. Maybe that's wishful thinking!!!
I don't know what to expect crowdwise. One of the crowd calendars has the 5th listed as an 8, so that's pretty busy.

I think at first it will be pretty busy with it being new and summer break. As we get into August and schools go back in session there will be much less crowds.

Quote:
Aww, bummer that we won't see it from the Fantasmic! area. We have the F! Dinner Package so we have to go to the first show at 9:00. I suppose we will try to see even a tiny bit of the Frozen fireworks, but sounds like we will miss it.

I think we will try for the indoor activities though, and also the dance party. Our F! Dinner ADR is 5:45 so we could check out the dance party at least for a little while after we finish dinner but before Fantasmic!

I wonder if they will have special Frozen character meals like they did for SWW. We have a late breakfast planned for H&V because my boys still love Jake, but I'm sure they would love a Frozen character meal even more...they really love that movie. I would gladly trade the one we have for one with Frozen characters!
Sounds like a good plan. Maybe if you leave F! early you can catch the fireworks?

I'm wondering the same. I hope the food and merchandise announcements are soon.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #25
speedo
Mouseketeer

Quote:

!
I went to the star wars weekends twice and both times I went to the 9:00 fantasmic followed by the 9:45 fireworks with no problem. When fantasmic lets out stick to the left and follow the crowds towards the far left exit going by the Ursula and witch sections. This exit takes you along a path that leads toward the main exit at the front of the park. They will be directing people to exit the park. However both times I separated from the exiting crowd to find a spot to stand in the street. Both times I was there in plenty of time (5-10 minutes) before the fireworks started. And one night fantasmic started late due to weather and I still got there before the fireworks started.

The beginning of the street looking toward the hat is actually a great place to view the fireworks. It is actually a really great view of the fireworks.

One caveat I was only with adults so we could walk pretty fast even through the crowd. But even with youngsters in tow I think you should be able to catch most of the fireworks display.
speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #26
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedo View Post
I went to the star wars weekends twice and both times I went to the 9:00 fantasmic followed by the 9:45 fireworks with no problem. When fantasmic lets out stick to the left and follow the crowds towards the far left exit going by the Ursula and witch sections. This exit takes you along a path that leads toward the main exit at the front of the park. They will be directing people to exit the park. However both times I separated from the exiting crowd to find a spot to stand in the street. Both times I was there in plenty of time (5-10 minutes) before the fireworks started. And one night fantasmic started late due to weather and I still got there before the fireworks started.

The beginning of the street looking toward the hat is actually a great place to view the fireworks. It is actually a really great view of the fireworks.

One caveat I was only with adults so we could walk pretty fast even through the crowd. But even with youngsters in tow I think you should be able to catch most of the fireworks display.
Thanks for sharing your experience and tip. I'll add it to the first post. I'm sure it will help others who have an early F! time.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #27
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Thanks for putting this thread together lovethattink!!!! Looking forward to reading tips on this. We are heading to WDW in 2 1/2 weeks!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- BC
Nov. '15- GF
lala3291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:01 PM   #28
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

It appears that if you want to skate there yourself, you must rent skates. The person answering the questions on the Parks Blog did not come out and say you could bring your own skates. He just repeated that skates would be available for rental for a nominal fee. That will be very disappointing to my daughter who would probably like to skate, but not in rentals. I am trying to get a direct answer to this and I will post if I do.
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
ClearScreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #29
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedo View Post
I went to the star wars weekends twice and both times I went to the 9:00 fantasmic followed by the 9:45 fireworks with no problem. When fantasmic lets out stick to the left and follow the crowds towards the far left exit going by the Ursula and witch sections. This exit takes you along a path that leads toward the main exit at the front of the park. They will be directing people to exit the park. However both times I separated from the exiting crowd to find a spot to stand in the street. Both times I was there in plenty of time (5-10 minutes) before the fireworks started. And one night fantasmic started late due to weather and I still got there before the fireworks started. The beginning of the street looking toward the hat is actually a great place to view the fireworks. It is actually a really great view of the fireworks. One caveat I was only with adults so we could walk pretty fast even through the crowd. But even with youngsters in tow I think you should be able to catch most of the fireworks display.
Thank you for this information!

Let me make sure I have this correct...when you say the beginning of the street looking toward the hat, do you mean the long road you walk down when first entering the park? Therefore it would also be the way out. I want to make sure I get this location right!

Old 06-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #30
MyKidzMick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you for this information!

Let me make sure I have this correct...when you say the beginning of the street looking toward the hat, do you mean the long road you walk down when first entering the park? Therefore it would also be the way out. I want to make sure I get this location right!
When you exit the direction speedo described, you will be near the stroller rental area at the front entrance area of the park. Your view will be of the Hat at the end of Hollywood Blvd and a great place to exit after the fireworks.
MyKidzMick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen, frozen premium package, frozen sing-along, oaken's snowground, oaken's trading post

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: