Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Drink Dispenser Iced Tea

I hated the Nestea, is the Fuze iced tea any better?

What kind of Fuze do they have on the Dream? Flavored? Sweetened? Unsweetened?

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
Pinky3
Mouseketeer

I never get the iced tea out of the machine. Make hot tea, pour over a glass of ice - fresh brewed iced tea - I drink it without sweetener, but you can always sweeten.
Pinky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky3 View Post
I never get the iced tea out of the machine. Make hot tea, pour over a glass of ice - fresh brewed iced tea - I drink it without sweetener, but you can always sweeten.
That's what I do too, but I find it to be kind of a pain. I was hoping the Fuze was good, so I didn't have to do that.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
2BusyPlanning
DIS Veteran

I thought the Fantasy had Gold Peak tea last year. Has it changed? I realize it's still not fresh brewed, but better than Fuze. I thought the Fuze were fruit flavored drinks.

Next Trip:
September 20, 2014
DCL - Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean - AGAIN!

1st DCL cruise: Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, September 21-28, 2013 - My Blog
2BusyPlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Sadly, the Fuze wasn't any better. Dispensed iced tea is no competition for my unsweetened brewed iced tea. Just MHO.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #6
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
That's what I do too, but I find it to be kind of a pain. I was hoping the Fuze was good, so I didn't have to do that.
You could always pack a small carafe or pitcher (pack stuff inside it!) to make iced tea in quantity onboard. That way you wouldn't have to do it as often, maybe once each morning. Brew the tea leaving room to dump in ice after it's steeped. While the bags steep recruit a family member to open sugar packets into one of the paper cups. Remove tea bags when ready, dissolve sugar, then fill to top with ice. I'd think it could be done in 15-20 minutes. Maybe a little more. I'd prob'ly do it early while the family was getting dressed or even during breakfast. Keep some room in your cold box to set the carafe inside. Voila! Iced tea the way you like! I'd experiment to streamline my process at home beforehand. That's what I've done for my Hippie Juice recipe I plan to make/take for our cabana on CC in September. It was fun creating my convenience solutions.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #7
Dream 2015
Earning My Ears

Couldn't you order a carafe of hot water from room services and then step the tea in that in your room? We usually bring a brita water pitcher for the parks to filter the water and planned to use that for the the cruise to make larger batches of iced tea and lemonade.
Dream 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #8
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

I wish that DCL would make real iced tea for the MDRs. Even instant is better then what they have.

DH and I bring along the Crystal Light packets and make our tea that way.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyoconnor View Post
I wish that DCL would make real iced tea for the MDRs. Even instant is better then what they have.

DH and I bring along the Crystal Light packets and make our tea that way.
I thought that the MDRs did have real brewed iced tea? And it was only instant at the drink station?

Personally, I don't like Fuze. I haven't had it onboard DCL, though. Just the places I have had it, I didn't like it. I don't particularly care for Nestea, either, although I find if I put in extra ice and water (basically water it down a little) it's tolerable.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984

Last edited by PrincessShmoo; 06-28-2014 at 05:38 PM.
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

I have been told that the dining rooms do have the regular brewed iced tea and it does seem better than the drink machines. I will say that whatever is served in the drink machines is better than the nestea stuff that I have had other places, but it is not great.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #11
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

I brew at home.....can't drink any out of dispensers....anywhere.
MDR is fresh and very good.

Meriweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:44 AM   #12
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
I hated the Nestea, is the Fuze iced tea any better?

What kind of Fuze do they have on the Dream? Flavored? Sweetened? Unsweetened?
It's not flavoured and it's unsweetened.

I'd recommend adding a dash of the lemonade or pomegranete lemonade to make it palatable.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #13
phillmolly
DIS Veteran

I believe they have brewed ice tea in the main dining rooms. I would always ask for two cups to and never had any problems. During the day I would cheat and drink pop since I never drink it at home.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:21 PM   #14
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
You could always pack a small carafe or pitcher (pack stuff inside it!) to make iced tea in quantity onboard. That way you wouldn't have to do it as often, maybe once each morning. Brew the tea leaving room to dump in ice after it's steeped. While the bags steep recruit a family member to open sugar packets into one of the paper cups. Remove tea bags when ready, dissolve sugar, then fill to top with ice. I'd think it could be done in 15-20 minutes. Maybe a little more. I'd prob'ly do it early while the family was getting dressed or even during breakfast. Keep some room in your cold box to set the carafe inside. Voila! Iced tea the way you like! I'd experiment to streamline my process at home beforehand. That's what I've done for my Hippie Juice recipe I plan to make/take for our cabana on CC in September. It was fun creating my convenience solutions.
This is what we are doing this next cruise. I found a cheap 1/2 gal. pitcher at Walmart. I put all the tea bags in it (unopened). We will have fresh brewed tea every day.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #15
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

I recently found myself hooked on Tetley British teabags. Now I can't drink anything else and I will have to bring a supply with me when I travel.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: