Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #346
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharibrat View Post
Hmmmm,not sure what I did wrong…but I just called and very politely offered our disappointment at the WL pool closure/construction etc and asked for other options. I was presented with AKL, POLY, or Contemporary (suite only, lots more $$$). I asked about a discount for staying at WL and was told there was none.

I then asked if I could speak to somebody in guest services about the discount issue….was transferred, repeated everything to her and she said "we are not offering any discount for staying at the lodge…..".

I remained calm, explained again our concerns and that the other choices were either not in MK or were more money and that we were already spending more on this trip than any trip in the past …… and she again stated they were offering no discounts for staying at WL.

Not sure why everybody else seems to be getting the $50 a night discount but I could ot….
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #347
Warmhugs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear58 View Post
What type of room do you have at WL? Moving to GF club level for no additional money is quite an offer!
We have cl at WL, figured in the end saving 400 dollars vs moving to a resort that I've never stayed at and seems kinda uppity, I debated it for an entire day, hopefully I made the right choice ha
Offsite work trip June 13
Beach Club CL Sept 13
Wilderness Lodge Dec 13
Coronado Springs Feb 14
Next Trip:
Wilderness Lodge Sept 14
Warmhugs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #348
wilecoyote
Earning My Ears

how does one get the $50 per night discount. I called twice and asked about it and got the "we dont offer discounts for refurbisments" line along with " we can move you but it will cost more"

50 dollars would be pretty nice. What's the magic number to call or to get them to give the discount?
wilecoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #349
minnime66
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilecoyote View Post
how does one get the $50 per night discount. I called twice and asked about it and got the "we dont offer discounts for refurbisments" line along with " we can move you but it will cost more" 50 dollars would be pretty nice. What's the magic number to call or to get them to give the discount?
make sure when u call you ask for guest services . They will have more options for you than reservation cm. I hope this helps!!
minnime66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #350
Mommygraham
Earning My Ears

I am staying here in November on rented points, so I have no options..
I am trying to adapt and overcome. That being said, does anyone have thoughts on which pool would be a better bet? Contemporary seems closer for sure but just wondered if anyone had any opinions one way or the other. I am traveling with three children ages 12, 6, and 4.

Thanks and congrats to all who have gotten discounts and/or moved to a different hotel! I learned a valuable lesson here about purchasing a non-refundable vacation!
Old 07-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #351
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilecoyote View Post
how does one get the $50 per night discount. I called twice and asked about it and got the "we dont offer discounts for refurbisments" line along with " we can move you but it will cost more"

50 dollars would be pretty nice. What's the magic number to call or to get them to give the discount?
I emailed guest services and they called me within a day or two. I was not demanding. I simply asked for any assistance with finding me an alternative in a similar price range, as the site was showing very limited availablity. They took it from there. Good luck!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:55 AM   #352
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommygraham View Post
I am staying here in November on rented points, so I have no options..

Thanks and congrats to all who have gotten discounts and/or moved to a different hotel! I learned a valuable lesson here about purchasing a non-refundable vacation!
That is the down side to renting points for sure. I'm staying on rented points December 1-7. Hoping to avoid the construction, but considering the waterfall work seems to have run well over the projected date, I'm not that hopeful. You get a great price, but unfortunately, something like this is totally unforeseen if you book at 11 months out. I'm sure you've found (like we have) that there are no DVC openings to change over to.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #353
Mommygraham
Earning My Ears

Oh I bet you will be ok with your December 1-7 dates. Will they not start working on the pool until the creek is complete? Seems like two separate jobs, but you never know. I found the exact same as you. There was absolutely no DVC units to move to. It really is frustrating, but I do understand that we booked 11 months out. I have never stayed at Contemporary or Fort Wilderness so I am not sure what their pools are like or how far/how much of a hassle is will be to get there with my kids. I am hoping the quiet pool won't be too crowded to enjoy, as pool time is a must for my kids!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #354
wilecoyote
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
I emailed guest services and they called me within a day or two. I was not demanding. I simply asked for any assistance with finding me an alternative in a similar price range, as the site was showing very limited availablity. They took it from there. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
That is the down side to renting points for sure. I'm staying on rented points December 1-7. Hoping to avoid the construction, but considering the waterfall work seems to have run well over the projected date, I'm not that hopeful. You get a great price, but unfortunately, something like this is totally unforeseen if you book at 11 months out. I'm sure you've found (like we have) that there are no DVC openings to change over to.

Called yet again - same answer - would not transfer to GS. So going the email route.

Hoping for the best.
wilecoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #355
Three cats
DIS Veteran

For anyone holding out for the room only discount for Fall I see that it was released today
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #356
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommygraham View Post
Oh I bet you will be ok with your December 1-7 dates. Will they not start working on the pool until the creek is complete? Seems like two separate jobs, but you never know. I found the exact same as you. There was absolutely no DVC units to move to. It really is frustrating, but I do understand that we booked 11 months out. I have never stayed at Contemporary or Fort Wilderness so I am not sure what their pools are like or how far/how much of a hassle is will be to get there with my kids. I am hoping the quiet pool won't be too crowded to enjoy, as pool time is a must for my kids!
I hope you're right about my dates. Guess we'll see in December. I think the CR has a good pool for kids, and shouldn't be difficult to get to...just a boat ride. I've walked around FW a bit, but can't say I'm sure where the pools are located after you get off the boat.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #357
OfTheWind
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to give you guys an update: my sister was able to get the $500 credit towards another resort. It took about 2 weeks but she was persistent.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #358
KatiesDisneyPlanning
Earning My Ears

I am guessing the answer to this is "no", but does anyone know if there is a way to find out if they are behind schedule? We are going Dec 3-10 for my son and my birthdays (born in my bday!). Never stayed at WL before and are very much looking forward to the pool! I asked a CM last time I called if they stayed on schedule and she kind of just blew it off. Thanks in advance!!!
KatiesDisneyPlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #359
MaggiesMomNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatiesDisneyPlanning View Post
I am guessing the answer to this is "no", but does anyone know if there is a way to find out if they are behind schedule? We are going Dec 3-10 for my son and my birthdays (born in my bday!). Never stayed at WL before and are very much looking forward to the pool! I asked a CM last time I called if they stayed on schedule and she kind of just blew it off. Thanks in advance!!!
They are several weeks behind on the stream refurb - if that's a reflection of what is to come with the pool.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #360
KatiesDisneyPlanning
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggiesMomNJ View Post
They are several weeks behind on the stream refurb - if that's a reflection of what is to come with the pool.
Ugh. Not good news. Is there a way to confirm that by calling? I figure I can keep a watch here and call closer to the time.
KatiesDisneyPlanning is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: