Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
lindanj
Mouseketeer

Can you share QS credits?

We have mama melrose lunch/fantasmic reservations for 1:45. family of 6. We are paying oop for that. I know we won't be hungry to each have a full dinner at our resort so I was hoping to use only 3 QS credits and share dinner. Is this allowed? We are staying at AOA if that matters
Old 06-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
disneyjenna
Earning My Ears

Yup, you can do this! At resort food courts there are several different windows. You don't have to tell anyone how many people you have or anything, just order 3 meals and check out.

May 2010 - All Star Sports
September 2010 - All Star Sports
June 2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort
November 2011 - Pop Century
September 2012 - All Star Music
August 2013 - Art of Animation
September 2014 - Coronado Springs
disneyjenna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
ReneeA
DIS Veteran

We share QS meals a lot. We are a family of 4, and 3 QS meals are plenty for one sitting. My DD11 never eats much at a meal...she's one to graze all day, so getting her own meal is often a waste.
1980 offsite, 1988 offsite, Aug 1998 offsite, Apr 1999 offsite, Aug 2005 (free dining) ASMo, Aug 2006 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2007 CSR, Aug 2008 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2010 (free dining) CBR, Aug 2012 WL, Feb 2014 girl's trip AS Sports
ReneeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
disneychristmasx3
Mouseketeer

While we had often planned to do this it always turned out that the kids (Disney adults at the time and actual adults now) couldn't agree on what to share. So either DH and I each had to share with one kid (and we normally don't choose chicken tenders and fries) and the 3rd kid ordered something with the expectation that others may want a taste, or DH and I shared a meal and the kids each got what they wanted so we didn't save as many credits as planned, and a lot of food went to waste. Finally we learned to pay out of pocket for "kids meals" so they got smaller quantities when not as hungry and we saved credits for when full meals were what was needed

Last edited by disneychristmasx3; 06-28-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Spelling error
disneychristmasx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #5
swedie
Mouseketeer

Mama Melrose is NOT QS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindanj View Post
We have mama melrose lunch/fantasmic reservations for 1:45. family of 6. We are paying oop for that. I know we won't be hungry to each have a full dinner at our resort so I was hoping to use only 3 QS credits and share dinner. Is this allowed? We are staying at AOA if that matters
As in my title, I know Mama Melrose is not quick service/counter service. I'm not sure about having reservation for 6 for the Fantasmic package will allow you 6 passes for Fantasmic if only ordering 3 meals. Perhaps you should post this again listing it as a table service, as the previous answers all had to do with quick service.
swedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedie View Post
As in my title, I know Mama Melrose is not quick service/counter service. I'm not sure about having reservation for 6 for the Fantasmic package will allow you 6 passes for Fantasmic if only ordering 3 meals. Perhaps you should post this again listing it as a table service, as the previous answers all had to do with quick service.
I think the OP is referring to sharing QS for dinner after having a full meal with everyone at 1:45 at Mama Melrose. It is correct that each one would need a meal at MM to get the appropriate number of passes for Fantasmic.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: