Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Tomorrowland NYE Dessert Party

I can't seem to book the Tomorrowland Dessert Party on the MDE for 12/30 or 12/31 (it's grayed out compared to, say, the 29th) so I called up and was able to get reservations that way - EXCEPT I'm told these are for the NYE fireworks not for wishes and are about twice the normal cost.

I've been discussing this with some other DIS'ers on the reservations forum and the CMs seem to be confused with us getting answers of there's TWO parties that night (one for wishes and one for NYE fireworks) to there's only the NYE fireworks party and no Wishes party.

I made my reservation with a CM who assured me I had the Wishes party and not the NYE party and called back today to confirm - only to be told I had reserved the NYE party and no Wishes party exists.

But the show up time for the reservation is at 6:30 (6:30 for NYE?!)

I don't even see a listing for this on the Disney site - Anyone have any clue as to what's going on here?
Skywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
McKelly
DIS Veteran

What were you quoted for the NYE Dessert Party?
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
What were you quoted for the NYE Dessert Party?
$50 per adult (approximately - Might've been a few dollars more) - I didn't *ask* for the NYE dessert party though. I asked for the Tomorrowland Dessert Party and that's what's supposedly taking place there that night.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
NSL
Mouseketeer

I reserved the 29th today. I can't tell you about those dates, but the CM I spoke to said the time that shows up on my reservation is not accurate. She said to call or check 2 weeks prior for actual time. She said it would be changed depending on time the schedule Wishes. The fireworks times have not been confirmed yet. She seemed like she knew what she was talking about.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
ChrisMM
Earning My Ears

I recently called to book the Tomorrowland Dessert Party for NYE. It cost us $50 per person and it starts at 11:10 according to the CM who helped us. In My Disney Experience, my reservation shows up as 11:10, not 6:30 like you've mentioned.

At first, she told me to get the 6:30PM reservation, but she said that didn't seem right. After checking with someone else, she said there are apparently two bookings for NYE, one for 6:30 and one for 11:10. Last year, they did Wishes and Fantasy in the Sky, so I wonder if they're planning the same this year.

August 1996: Wilderness Lodge, June 1998: Grand Floridian, December 2002: All Star Sports, April 2006: Off-Site, January 2009: All Star Sports, August 2013: Pop Century, December 2014: Pop Century
ChrisMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMM View Post
I recently called to book the Tomorrowland Dessert Party for NYE. It cost us $50 per person and it starts at 11:10 according to the CM who helped us. In My Disney Experience, my reservation shows up as 11:10, not 6:30 like you've mentioned.

At first, she told me to get the 6:30PM reservation, but she said that didn't seem right. After checking with someone else, she said there are apparently two bookings for NYE, one for 6:30 and one for 11:10. Last year, they did Wishes and Fantasy in the Sky, so I wonder if they're planning the same this year.
According to the EasyWDW calendar (which comes from the travel agent calendar that Disney sends out) there are TWO fireworks showing that night. (It's also the reason I'm going out for NYE. ).

I called today for another reservation and tried to reconfirm the dessert party again and, again, was told that there's only ONE dessert party for New Years Eve but my time is 6:30 so the CM was "pretty sure" that meant I was reserved for the Holiday Wishes. I still paid $50 though...

The frustrating part is that I'm at the 180 day mark now for 12/30 and MDE still has Tomorrowland Dessert party grayed out for me. (and for 12/31 but I can book 1/1 online... weird...)
Old 07-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #7
ChrisMM
Earning My Ears

The CM I spoke to said that there is a 6:30 dessert party and an 11:10 dessert party. The 6:30 is for Wishes and the 11:10 is for Fantasy in the Sky. The CM I spoke to also said that the 6:30 time may not be accurate and to check back a couple of weeks before going.

Did you get your confirmation number? I had to link mine in MDE. It didn't automatically show up for me.

August 1996: Wilderness Lodge, June 1998: Grand Floridian, December 2002: All Star Sports, April 2006: Off-Site, January 2009: All Star Sports, August 2013: Pop Century, December 2014: Pop Century
ChrisMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #8
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

The CMs are all confused. I think a lot of us are calling in and actually giving them an education on what's actually happening on Dec 30 and 31st. Last year, on both days, Wishes was at 8:30 pm and Fantasy in the Sky was at 11:50 pm. If you didn't want to be in MK on New Year's Eve, you could actually watch the same fireworks the night before.

For those not following the saga on the reservations thread, a lot of the CM's do not have a clue that there are two fireworks shows on Dec 30 and 31st. It doesn't help that the schedule only shows Wishes at 7:30 and no other fireworks. If you call them and if they read the description for that night, it does say there are two fireworks that night. One confused CM read the entire description to me and stopped when it said there were two that night ... one at 7:30 and one at 11 something (I thought she said 11:00 but it's 11:50).

This is where more confusion ensues as the CM's don't necessarily know how things work at the dessert party. One CM was trying to ask another colleague if people checking in at 6:40 returned back at 11:00 to watch the fireworks. I had to tell her you don't eat your dessert at 6:40 and return 4 hours later. One CM said they didn't know you could book at 11 ... and then proceeded to tell me the booking was full. (If you don't know you can book it, how is it full? LOL)

I went through 4 CM's until one finally found me an 11:05 pm Tomorrowland Terrace spot for Dec 30th. She didn't find it the regular way nor by putting in 11 pm. Somehow she found it by searching the venue. I don't know what she did but up until she said she found something for me, she had been saying it's full, there's no room yada yada yada....

So my advice is .... if they tell you a certain time and it doesn't make sense, hang in there and insist they check again. They have obviously not been briefed on what's going on that night.

And as an aside, i thought dessert packages were released 60 days prior, not 180+10.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)

Last edited by pxlbarrel; 07-03-2014 at 06:43 PM.
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #9
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Thanks to PxlBarrel's advice I was able to get the 11pm time too and I have 2 distinct reservations with a 6:30 and 11pm time.

It requires two things - a CM that's willing to help and not just dictate the schedule to you and the magic phrase "Search by venue".

There's a coupla things going into play here too - It seems DW just changed how the fireworks are scheduled. They're not sure exactly when the partys are going to take place, just that they "are", so they're throwing all of them at 7:30 on the computer system so they can be reserved but will change the times to their proper time once they've figured it out. They did this two weeks ago which is why the standard response from the CMs about the 6:30 time has been "Check the actual time when you arrive". Second, their internal schedules are only showing ONE fireworks time on 12/30 and lastly they need to go to a distinct entry in their computer system for the later time on the 30th.

Frankly, I'm frustrated with the whole system. This whole 180+10 plus flakey MDE plus CMs that are given conflicting information plus the fact that Disney can't even lock down the schedule is not a magical experience... it's downright maddening.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #10
LeslieLou
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to let anyone still interested in the NYE fireworks dessert party know that I was able to get a reservation for this just recently and there were multiple reservations still available.

I specifically booked for 12/30. My reservation time is at 6:50pm and the CM did have to search by venue. I was lucky and got a good one that was very willing to search a couple of different ways.

Good luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: