Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
lovewdwdvc
DIS Veteran

Narcoosees or California Grill

We will be on DDP at Christmas and want to try one signature. Should we try Narcoosees or California Grill? Adults and one 16 year old male. Thanks.

RESORTS: POP, ASSp, Poly, BWI, SSR, CBR, Swan, VWL, AKL, Dixie Landings, POR, PORFQ,BWV. BCV, Fort Wilderness Cabin, BCV
lovewdwdvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
Polish Hammer
Mouseketeer

We did both last year, and based on the reviews here Narcoossees didn't meet our expectations while California Grill exceeded them. We're doing CG again this year, but not Narcoosees.
Polish Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

I'm just the opposite of the previous post. I have been to CG twice now since it's reopening and while I think the atmosphere and view are excellent, I only rate the food at CG as good. Will I return to CG? yes, but it is not one of my top three signatures.

As for Narcoossee's. This has always been a favorite of mine. Narcoossee's is our WDW arrival night tradition. We have always had great service and excellent food. Sure Narcoossee's is not as quiet as CG, but the surf & turf is excellent and the almond crusted cheese cake is perhaps one of the finest desserts in all of WDW. My pick... Narcoossee's.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
Melanie B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Hammer View Post
We did both last year, and based on the reviews here Narcoossees didn't meet our expectations while California Grill exceeded them. We're doing CG again this year, but not Narcoosees.
We had the same experience. We'll go back to Narcoosees though because it seemed like an off night.

Feb 2015 Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2013 All Star Music
July 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Aug 2010 Caribbean Beach
Melanie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
ciera321
DIS Veteran

California Grill used to be our favorite, but after going to both Narcoossee's and California Grill in May, Narcoossee's won our top spot. CG was very good, but Narcoossee's was fabulous! All 4 of us got something different, and all of us raved about our dinner. The service is very good, and we love the atmosphere!

ciera321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:25 PM   #6
lovewdwdvc
DIS Veteran

Narcoosees

i think that we are going to go with Narcoosees because we have not been there before. Thanks for the information.

RESORTS: POP, ASSp, Poly, BWI, SSR, CBR, Swan, VWL, AKL, Dixie Landings, POR, PORFQ,BWV. BCV, Fort Wilderness Cabin, BCV
lovewdwdvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #7
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Narcoosees has a couple of menu items that approach $70 for just the entree and that alone makes it a better deal, if you're inclined to get those entrees.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: