Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #16
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HppyCamprs View Post
I am not sure how they are bringing whole meals as our 2 year old had 1/2 a chicken tender in her hand that she had not finished and we were asked to wait outside until she finished it completely. Candy is one thing and popcorn but they said food is just too messy. Disney magic January 6, 2014.
I've read reports where they have started limiting the food being brought in - as in "no meal-type foods" but you still can bring in snack-type foods. French Fries tend to be about 50/50 whether they are banned or not.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #17
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post

People eating during movies is distracting to others and rather rude IMHO, there is so much food on the ship, you can wait 90 mins without snacking.

Lucky I haven't ever seen this behaviour.
At my local AMC theater the concession sells pizza, chicken tenders, hot dogs and nachos as well as popcorn and candy. Eating during a movie is NOT considered rude by the general American society.

Good luck with that!

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #18
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
People eating during movies is distracting to others and rather rude IMHO, there is so much food on the ship, you can wait 90 mins without snacking.

I know you are not from the US so this is an honest question...do they not have concession stands at your movie theaters?

Popcorn and movies go hand-in-hand.

The newest thing here are the dine-in theaters where the seats have trays where they serve full meals (from waiters). I have not been to one yet but I'm assuming the meal is served before the movie starts. Waiters walking around a theater during a movie would definitely be a distraction.

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:09 PM   #19
gotomu212
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
I know you are not from the US so this is an honest question...do they not have concession stands at your movie theaters?

Popcorn and movies go hand-in-hand.

The newest thing here are the dine-in theaters where the seats have trays where they serve full meals (from waiters). I have not been to one yet but I'm assuming the meal is served before the movie starts. Waiters walking around a theater during a movie would definitely be a distraction.
I know this is so off topic, but we go to the dine in movies all the time. You order your food before the movie starts and they serve you during the movie. The seats are on little platforms and are broken up every two rows by a walkway. So the waiters head is at your table height and you don't even notice them. Obviously these are small venues and you pay double normal seat prices, but it's huge here. (We're talking steaks, salads, salmon not just concessions)
gotomu212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:15 PM   #20
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotomu212 View Post
I know this is so off topic, but we go to the dine in movies all the time. You order your food before the movie starts and they serve you during the movie. The seats are on little platforms and are broken up every two rows by a walkway. So the waiters head is at your table height and you don't even notice them. Obviously these are small venues and you pay double normal seat prices, but it's huge here. (We're talking steaks, salads, salmon not just concessions)
Oh.. it sounds like I need to try that sometime then. The advertisements didn't give that good of an idea as to how the theater was designed so I wasn't sure how it was done.

For the OP (to bring it back on topic )
My downfall are the shops. I always make sure that I allocate spending money for stuff in there.
Other than the store purchases, our account is usually made up of a few drinks, excursions, Palo and tips.

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #21
snchpnz
Mouseketeer

I don't think it's rude if people bring in snacks like fries and wraps but what I do find extremely tacky is when people bring in full blown room service meals with trays and all. Even worse are those that just push the trays under their seats when they are done and leave their mess behind for others to stumble over. I really don't know what some people are thinking. The theater isn't intended for people to eat their lunch or dinner inside. Disney seems to be very lenient with these things and tries to keep guests happy but people shouldn't abuse either. People should stop behaving like entitled little *beeps* and at least have the decency to clean up after themselves when they are done doing whatever the heck they want. /end rant.
snchpnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:48 PM   #22
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have never seen people bringing in plates of fries to watch movies.
Quote:

People eat during movies all the time...both on land and at sea. Our local theater serves popcorn, nachos, ice cream, pizza, hot dogs, burgers, fries and more.

We often bring fries into the ship movie theaters. We have also brought in fresh fruit, chocolate chip cookies and cheese & crackers. None of what we have brought in has been any more intrusive than the popcorn and snacks they sell right outside of the theater.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: