Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
cbbutera
Earning My Ears

How much spending money

How much spending money do you need for a 7 day cruise on Disney Fantasy with 1 child and 2 adults?
cbbutera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbutera View Post
How much spending money do you need for a 7 day cruise on Disney Fantasy with 1 child and 2 adults?
It's up to you what you will spend it on,

But there are:-
Tips
Shopping,
Adult meal.
Shore trips.
Internet.
Bingo.

Each family is different.

You could get away with tips only.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Over 15 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
cbbutera
Earning My Ears

Spending Money

I was going to pre pay the shore excursions and tips. I am not sure how much the drinks cost? Do they charge you for bottle of water at dinner? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Old 06-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Quote:
I was going to pre pay the shore excursions and tips. I am not sure how much the drinks cost? Do they charge you for bottle of water at dinner? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
"Mickey water" is just fine, bottled water is completely unnecessary. The water is "made" onboard from seawater and tastes great. It's also used for all of your food and drink and ice.

If you want bottled water there is a charge. There isn't a charge for soda, milk, juice, tea, and drip coffee.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

106 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
DLW8
DIS Veteran

Other items that cost extra...

photos from shutters
arcade
smoothies
sports simulators (Dream and Fantasy)
snacks at the theatre

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #6
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLW8 View Post
Other items that cost extra...

photos from shutters
arcade
smoothies
sports simulators (Dream and Fantasy)
snacks at the theatre
This really illustrates that there is no way for us to say since everyone has different needs, wants and priorities.
We bought photos. My kids knew there would be no money for smoothies or the arcade, sports simulators, etc.
Certainly you can buy movie snacks, but most folks on our cruise just brought in plates of free french fries.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
This really illustrates that there is no way for us to say since everyone has different needs, wants and priorities.
We bought photos. My kids knew there would be no money for smoothies or the arcade, sports simulators, etc.
Certainly you can buy movie snacks, but most folks on our cruise just brought in plates of free french fries.
I have never seen people bringing in plates of fries to watch movies.
* Disney Magic -
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #8
cbbutera
Earning My Ears

Thank You

Thanks everyone for the info. I thought the water had iodine in it?
Old 06-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Yes, we've seen people bring whole meals in (burgers, pizza) but definitely fries show up in the movie theatre often. We usually purchase candy at WalMart before the cruise to have for the movies (much cheaper) and leaves us with a little something in the room that's not "real" food for snacking on.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #10
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the info. I thought the water had iodine in it?
What water?

Bottled water costs. You can get just a glass of water at meals for no cost. The water onboard is processed the same as most bottled waters, and tastes fine (for us, anyway).

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #11
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Yes, we've seen people bring whole meals in (burgers, pizza) but definitely fries show up in the movie theatre often. We usually purchase candy at WalMart before the cruise to have for the movies (much cheaper) and leaves us with a little something in the room that's not "real" food for snacking on.
People eating during movies is distracting to others and rather rude IMHO, there is so much food on the ship, you can wait 90 mins without snacking.

Lucky I haven't ever seen this behaviour.
* Disney Magic -
Old 06-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #12
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

I am not sure how they are bringing whole meals as our 2 year old had 1/2 a chicken tender in her hand that she had not finished and we were asked to wait outside until she finished it completely. Candy is one thing and popcorn but they said food is just too messy. Disney magic January 6, 2014.
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #13
TAK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
People eating during movies is distracting to others and rather rude IMHO, there is so much food on the ship, you can wait 90 mins without snacking.

Lucky I haven't ever seen this behaviour.
People eating at all is rude? Even popcorn and candy? Or do you mean people eating whole meals? IDK, but people eat popcorn in movies everywhere, I don't think that's rude. YMMV.

~~Disney Fantasy January 2014 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean~~ Honeymoon Cruise!
~~Next: Disney Fantasy January 2016 7-Day Eastern Caribbean as soon as dates are out!!!~~
TAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #14
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are tip calculators available for the Disney cruise or you can call and ask to prepay gratuities. Excursions through Disney have prices listed on Disney cruise.com though they are subject to change without notice (ask me how I know this..January 2014 cruise) you can add stateroom credit to your account to cover these costs in advance by gifting yourself the amount through the Stateroom gifts order form. You may also be able to just add money to your account I. Advance but I am not sure.
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #15
time4dis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
People eating at all is rude? Even popcorn and candy? Or do you mean people eating whole meals? IDK, but people eat popcorn in movies everywhere, I don't think that's rude. YMMV.
I must agree here, we brought in ice cream cones and a wrap, which is quieter and smells less than popcorn at a normal theater. I hope that was in jest.

and i agree it's tough to know how much spending money. even simple souveniers can range 10 - 50 bucks a pop. I'd plan $75 per day i guess. and probably not spend near that much in the end. unless you like drinks at the bar or wine with dinner.
time4dis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: