Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
minniesBFF
Maybe I can soften her up a little
You have to be blessed, gobbled, frosted, etc by someone

Please help me with a free dining question!!

This might be a silly question, but it's worth a shot!

I have a vacation currently booked at POP for December 16th through the 22nd. Due to work limitations, I was offered the vacation time only if I could move the trip to December 8th through 14th. I spoke with a disney cast member through chat and was told that I may lose the free dining since my check in day will be before the free dining window opens.

My question is, has anyone had a similar situation where your check in day was out of the window and you were still able to receive free dining? We were kind of relying on that discount to be able to take this trip, and I'm worried if we lose it we might not be able to swing it.

Thanks in advance!

minniesBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesBFF View Post

I have a vacation currently booked at POP for December 16th through the 22nd. Due to work limitations, I was offered the vacation time only if I could move the trip to December 8th through 14th. I spoke with a disney cast member through chat and was told that I may lose the free dining since my check in day will be before the free dining window opens.

My question is, has anyone had a similar situation where your check in day was out of the window and you were still able to receive free dining? We were kind of relying on that discount to be able to take this trip, and I'm worried if we lose it we might not be able to swing it.

Thanks in advance!
Free dining is not offered until the 12th, so there's no way you'll get it if you have to move your trip. Your check in day has to be within the window to get the offer.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
mgsquared
A big kid at heart

You could maybe switch resorts and get free dining the last two nights or something like that...
Old 06-25-2014, 06:46 AM   #4
Mamabolt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesBFF View Post

Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure about this, but sometimes when the dining plan is not offered, you can get some deep room discounts. Maybe you could ask?
Mamabolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #5
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

You will not get free dining if you check in on December 8. You should probably ask if you can get it via a PIN code but you won't be able to get it via the general public offer.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #6
minniesBFF
Maybe I can soften her up a little
You have to be blessed, gobbled, frosted, etc by someone

Thanks for the replies!

I was too worried about risking not getting the free dining offer, so I talked to my boss this morning and negotiated a time that would work for me to have vacation and still be within the free dining window. Thank goodness!

Now I'm just stressed about getting everything else planned out before we go.

minniesBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #7
It's A Happy Day
I am on a troll
I know the meaning of pain in the middle of the night

For future reference, book 1 night room only (see if there is any discounts on a room only res) and then book your remaining nights within the free dining dates as a package with free dining. You will lose the 1 day on the dining plan but would be able to qualify for the remainder of your trip. Doing it this way, we haven't had to change rooms just to check in/check out but no guarantee on this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: