Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
Shih-Tzu
Mouseketeer
 
Shih-Tzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lincoln, New Brunswick - 1752.41 miles NE of the CBR; 1751.27 miles NE of POFQ; 1760 miles NE of OKW; 3415 miles NE of DLR Anahiem
Posts: 369

Question Dining plan credit swap

Want to stay at a moderate resort in the fall which happens to fall under the free Disney Dining plan.

Will Disney allow you to "swap" a table service credit for a "counter service" meal? We have been on the dining plan before, but didn't like being tied to the table service meals. Wouldn't mind one or two table service meals, but much prefer the counter service that is quicker and much easier to plan (or actually not plan) around.

I know they did allow me to do it for one meal in 2009, but wondering if they still allow it? I couldn't see them NOT doing it as it is actually cheaper for them...

(sorry if the answer is here somewhere already, but don't have the time to look through all the threads before I have to make a decision....).
__________________
Oct 1991 - Off Site
Sep 2009 - Caribbean Beach
Dec 2010 - POFQ
Feb 2012 - OKW
Nov 2013 - Good Neighbour in Anaheim

Shih-Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
ses1230
DIS Veteran
 
ses1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 6,283

Yes you can use a TS credit for a CS meal.
__________________


1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
OasterP
DIS Veteran
 
OasterP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 544

In addition to this (and thank you OP for starting this thread) I have read on here for a while and I know it was discussed but I can't remember if there was a definite answer or not.

I'm not sure we'll use all of our CS credits, but I DO know we'll be visiting the food and wine festival. I know you can use snack credits there. So if we had leftover CS credits, will they convert to snack? And has it ever been official if it's 1/1 or 2/1 or whatever? Thank you!
__________________
Why can't I button my shorts?? 12 days of Disney Dining and Food and Wine. September 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3336895
OasterP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
ses1230
DIS Veteran
 
ses1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 6,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by OasterP View Post
In addition to this (and thank you OP for starting this thread) I have read on here for a while and I know it was discussed but I can't remember if there was a definite answer or not. I'm not sure we'll use all of our CS credits, but I DO know we'll be visiting the food and wine festival. I know you can use snack credits there. So if we had leftover CS credits, will they convert to snack? And has it ever been official if it's 1/1 or 2/1 or whatever? Thank you!
The definite answer seems to be that it depends in the CM.

However, if it is done, you will only be able to do it at the resort food court. Not at the park and definitely not for the F&W kiosks.

When we have been allowed to do it at the food court it was 3 snacks for 1 CS credit.
__________________


1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
auger
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 738

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
The definite answer seems to be that it depends in the CM.

However, if it is done, you will only be able to do it at the resort food court. Not at the park and definitely not for the F&W kiosks.

When we have been allowed to do it at the food court it was 3 snacks for 1 CS credit.
Last two times we went, we were told that you could use the leftover credits for whatever was supposed to go with them.
For a CS credit, you could get a drink and a snack. You were not permitted to get the 3/1 deals any longer.
You either get the entree, or you don't; your choice. But no substituting extra snacks in place of an entree or drink like they used to allow.
auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #6
ses1230
DIS Veteran
 
ses1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 6,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by auger View Post
Last two times we went, we were told that you could use the leftover credits for whatever was supposed to go with them. For a CS credit, you could get a drink and a snack. You were not permitted to get the 3/1 deals any longer. You either get the entree, or you don't; your choice. But no substituting extra snacks in place of an entree or drink like they used to allow.
Yep, it's CM dependent.
__________________


1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #7
OasterP
DIS Veteran
 
OasterP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 544

Ok thank you guys! And thanks for the info on no food and wine!
__________________
Why can't I button my shorts?? 12 days of Disney Dining and Food and Wine. September 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3336895
OasterP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #8
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 7,759

We had a leftover QS credit and they converted it into two snack credits so we could take some individually wrapped rice krispie treats home with us. A giant waste of a QS credit, I know, but better than nothing at all!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.