Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
kaystein827
Earning My Ears

Commission

Does anyone know if the TAs you speak with at DCL receive a commission? I want to make an addition to our reservation and our rep who booked us is out for a couple days. I would hate to make him lose the commission after being so helpful to us but I am a little anxious to make this addition before it sells out. Any insight? Thank you in advance!
kaystein827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
staceyeileen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaystein827 View Post
Does anyone know if the TAs you speak with at DCL receive a commission? I want to make an addition to our reservation and our rep who booked us is out for a couple days. I would hate to make him lose the commission after being so helpful to us but I am a little anxious to make this addition before it sells out. Any insight? Thank you in advance!
Commission is earned by the TA that made the booking and it is based on the total price of the cruise. Since you booked with a TA, it's possible that DCL will tell you that you have to make the change through the TA. Either way, the TA will not lose the commission for a cruise that they already booked.
staceyeileen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
kaystein827
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeileen View Post
Commission is earned by the TA that made the booking and it is based on the total price of the cruise. Since you booked with a TA, it's possible that DCL will tell you that you have to make the change through the TA. Either way, the TA will not lose the commission for a cruise that they already booked.
Thank you! He did mention I could speak with another agent if he is out but we want to add a second trip making it a back to back so that may make this more complicated. Would our original agent lose the whole booking or share with the second agent? Would we be taking the second agents time for nothing? I hate that we might take away from someone working hard for us but would also be bummed to miss a spot on the second trip. Ahhh!!! Darn conscience.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

OP - are you talking about a TA outside of DCL? Or one of the DCL phone reps on the reservations line? To my knowledge no individual DCL rep is "assigned" any of the reservations made directly through DCL, so I don't think you need to worry about affecting commission.

Enjoy your cruises!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #5
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaystein827 View Post
Thank you! He did mention I could speak with another agent if he is out but we want to add a second trip making it a back to back so that may make this more complicated. Would our original agent lose the whole booking or share with the second agent? Would we be taking the second agents time for nothing? I hate that we might take away from someone working hard for us but would also be bummed to miss a spot on the second trip. Ahhh!!! Darn conscience.
On a B2B, they are two separate reservations. So booking the second leg of the trip will have no affect on the commission earned on the first one.

If your TA has another agent helping out while they are out, they are probably doing so on behalf of your agent so your agent should still get the commission for the second leg as well. Or you can book that on your own and transfer it to your TA within 30 days (although you will probably get less of an OBC if you do it that way).
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #6
kaystein827
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
OP - are you talking about a TA outside of DCL? Or one of the DCL phone reps on the reservations line? To my knowledge no individual DCL rep is "assigned" any of the reservations made directly through DCL, so I don't think you need to worry about affecting commission. Enjoy your cruises!
DCL phone rep. He said he was my designated DCL representative, gave me his hours and phone extension, and said I could talk to someone else if I need something on his days off.

Thanks! We are thrilled!!! Going all out for our 10 year anniversary and two birthdays out of our little family of four
Old 06-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
OP - are you talking about a TA outside of DCL? Or one of the DCL phone reps on the reservations line? To my knowledge no individual DCL rep is "assigned" any of the reservations made directly through DCL, so I don't think you need to worry about affecting commission.

Enjoy your cruises!
twinmermaids talks about a specific rep she deals with, and won't deal with another. There seem to be some certain sort of DCL reps that are different than others.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #8
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Yeah, this is only the second time I have seen it mentioned, so either not a big deal there or there aren't many of them. The DCL reps I've talked to have never mentioned anything about this when I've called to book our cruises or move one.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #9
kaystein827
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the input everyone. I am still holding out until tomorrow when he returns (for now!) since there is still availability and I have not found a definitive answer one way or the other.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #10
ThinkTink1
Earning My Ears

Ok I know for a fact that anyone working for Dcl gets absolutely NO commission for any booking any cruises or anything else associated with your cruise. What you prob did was book your cruise through one of the cruise vacation planners... They are the only ones other then supervisor and specific departments that can call back, email and such to guests so if you book it through them it's just a courtesy for the guest if they would rather work with one person in particular as opposed to the rest of the agents.... Don't feel bad or guilty ask away and get done what ever you need to get taken care of!!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #11
kaystein827
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTink1 View Post
Ok I know for a fact that anyone working for Dcl gets absolutely NO commission for any booking any cruises or anything else associated with your cruise. What you prob did was book your cruise through one of the cruise vacation planners... They are the only ones other then supervisor and specific departments that can call back, email and such to guests so if you book it through them it's just a courtesy for the guest if they would rather work with one person in particular as opposed to the rest of the agents.... Don't feel bad or guilty ask away and get done what ever you need to get taken care of!!
Thanks, Kimberly! I wonder how I was lucky enough to reach one of them when I called?! He really was spectacular but I have had nothing but positive experiences when interacting with Disney Cast Members.

P.S. I saw your profile highlight to the left says you are 5 minutes from Disney. Nice to see another local! I am not much further away than you are :D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: