Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
RedskinFan
Mouseketeer
 
RedskinFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 151

Kids Dining with their Grandparents

We are traveling with my inlaws in August. We will all be on the DDP but we are in separate rooms/reservations from my inlaws. There will be a few meals where the kids (DS8, DD6) will eat with their grandparents without us there. Will they have any issues using their magic bands to "pay" for their own meals?
RedskinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
ibela
DIS Veteran
 
ibela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 1,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinFan View Post
We are traveling with my inlaws in August. We will all be on the DDP but we are in separate rooms/reservations from my inlaws. There will be a few meals where the kids (DS8, DD6) will eat with their grandparents without us there. Will they have any issues using their magic bands to "pay" for their own meals?
Not sure but wanted to offer an alternative. If it's only for meals and you don't need the MB for FP+ during that timeframe (ex. you + spouse eating romantic dinner while inlaws take kids to dinner, then all meet up for rides etc) I'd give my inlaws one of our MB so they could use the kids' meal credits. Curious to see other responses, not sure I'd want dd8 going on candy overload by using all her snack credits when my back was turned. Then again, I'm sure the opportunity wouldn't present itself since she'd never be alone so not an issue for us either way. Interested in the answer...
__________________
DCL:
Dream 12/18-12/22/11
Magic Western 9/5-9/12/09
Magic Eastern Sept 29 - Oct 6, 2007 TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1605878

WDW:
OKW: Aug 2014 (upcoming)
BLT/AKV Jambo: Aug 2013
BWK: Dec 2011
BC: Sep 2010
BLT/AKV Kidani: Nov 2009
SSR: May 2008
ibela is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you
 
MakiraMarlena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temperate zones, tropic zones, no parking zones
Posts: 4,852

The grandparents can use the kids' bands, but a band from your room/package must be used. The kids can wear their own bands or, if you don't want the kids to have access to their own bands, you can give one of their bands to the grandparents. One band is all it takes.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
RedskinFan
Mouseketeer
 
RedskinFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
The grandparents can use the kids' bands, but a band from your room/package must be used. The kids can wear their own bands or, if you don't want the kids to have access to their own bands, you can give one of their bands to the grandparents. One band is all it takes.
Thanks! I hadn't thought about giving the bands to the grandparents to hold. I was also worried that they wouldn't been willing to pull the meals from the kid's bands and would insist on using an adult band from our room.
RedskinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
RedskinFan
Mouseketeer
 
RedskinFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibela View Post
Not sure but wanted to offer an alternative. If it's only for meals and you don't need the MB for FP+ during that timeframe (ex. you + spouse eating romantic dinner while inlaws take kids to dinner, then all meet up for rides etc) I'd give my inlaws one of our MB so they could use the kids' meal credits. Curious to see other responses, not sure I'd want dd8 going on candy overload by using all her snack credits when my back was turned. Then again, I'm sure the opportunity wouldn't present itself since she'd never be alone so not an issue for us either way. Interested in the answer...
We will actually have two sets of bands because we are doing a split stay so we could give the grandparents one of our bands.

I'm not too worried about the kids going crazy with the snack credits, we still have most of our Halloween Candy and we leave that out in the open. Luckily neither of them have much of a sweet tooth.
RedskinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #6
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you
 
MakiraMarlena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temperate zones, tropic zones, no parking zones
Posts: 4,852

They can pull credits for your reservation from any band assigned to any person on the reservation, including the kids. Just make sure the grandparents know your PIN number because they can't get to the credits for your room without your PIN number.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.