Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
RedskinFan
Mouseketeer

Kids Dining with their Grandparents

We are traveling with my inlaws in August. We will all be on the DDP but we are in separate rooms/reservations from my inlaws. There will be a few meals where the kids (DS8, DD6) will eat with their grandparents without us there. Will they have any issues using their magic bands to "pay" for their own meals?
RedskinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
ibela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinFan View Post
We are traveling with my inlaws in August. We will all be on the DDP but we are in separate rooms/reservations from my inlaws. There will be a few meals where the kids (DS8, DD6) will eat with their grandparents without us there. Will they have any issues using their magic bands to "pay" for their own meals?
Not sure but wanted to offer an alternative. If it's only for meals and you don't need the MB for FP+ during that timeframe (ex. you + spouse eating romantic dinner while inlaws take kids to dinner, then all meet up for rides etc) I'd give my inlaws one of our MB so they could use the kids' meal credits. Curious to see other responses, not sure I'd want dd8 going on candy overload by using all her snack credits when my back was turned. Then again, I'm sure the opportunity wouldn't present itself since she'd never be alone so not an issue for us either way. Interested in the answer...
Magic Eastern Sept 29 - Oct 6, 2007 TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1605878

WDW:
OKW: Aug 2014 (upcoming)
BLT/AKV Jambo: Aug 2013
BWK: Dec 2011
BC: Sep 2010
BLT/AKV Kidani: Nov 2009
SSR: May 2008
ibela is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

The grandparents can use the kids' bands, but a band from your room/package must be used. The kids can wear their own bands or, if you don't want the kids to have access to their own bands, you can give one of their bands to the grandparents. One band is all it takes.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
RedskinFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
The grandparents can use the kids' bands, but a band from your room/package must be used. The kids can wear their own bands or, if you don't want the kids to have access to their own bands, you can give one of their bands to the grandparents. One band is all it takes.
Thanks! I hadn't thought about giving the bands to the grandparents to hold. I was also worried that they wouldn't been willing to pull the meals from the kid's bands and would insist on using an adult band from our room.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
RedskinFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibela View Post
Not sure but wanted to offer an alternative. If it's only for meals and you don't need the MB for FP+ during that timeframe (ex. you + spouse eating romantic dinner while inlaws take kids to dinner, then all meet up for rides etc) I'd give my inlaws one of our MB so they could use the kids' meal credits. Curious to see other responses, not sure I'd want dd8 going on candy overload by using all her snack credits when my back was turned. Then again, I'm sure the opportunity wouldn't present itself since she'd never be alone so not an issue for us either way. Interested in the answer...
We will actually have two sets of bands because we are doing a split stay so we could give the grandparents one of our bands.

I'm not too worried about the kids going crazy with the snack credits, we still have most of our Halloween Candy and we leave that out in the open. Luckily neither of them have much of a sweet tooth.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #6
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

They can pull credits for your reservation from any band assigned to any person on the reservation, including the kids. Just make sure the grandparents know your PIN number because they can't get to the credits for your room without your PIN number.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: