Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
lblume91
It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!

Question Which 2 TS credit restaurant is your favorite?

We've always included one meal that used 2 TS credits. We've done CRT & HDDR in the past but want to do something different this time. What's your favorite restaurant that uses 2 TS credits for dinner & why? I've looked & looked at menus but can't decide.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
kaybird
DIS Veteran

We love Narcossee's and Citrico's. Probably the only ones we ever think are worth spending the 2 credits.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

My favorite restaurant in WDW is Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. The food is outstanding and the service is excellent. My favorite items are the crab cakes or calamari (appetizers), Maine Lobster (entree), and whatever is their chocolate dessert (changes frequently). The restaurant also has a veranda from which you can watch MK's fireworks and the EWP if the timing works out.

I also like Artist Point over at Wilderness Lodge. The food is wonderful and the service is outstanding. I like the Smokey Portobello Mushroom soup (appetizer), Ceder Plank Salmon (entree), and the Berry Cobbler (dessert). I like having an early dinner there because the picture windows are amazing. The only draw back is that not to many of the dishes are super expensive, which makes it hard to have a meal that is economically worthwhile on the DDP.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
lblume91
It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!

Thanks! I just can't decide what to do...
Old 06-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #5
TandEsMommy
Mouseketeer

Narcoossee's is our favorite, with Brown Derby a close second.

If you're looking to "maximize the value" of those 2 TS, either one of these places should do it. The Fantasmic package at Brown Derby comes with an appetizer, and Narcoossee's doesn't exclude the $70ish lobster & filet.

Narcoossee's has the possibility of watching the water parade (the official name and acronym escapes me at that moment) if you plan it right, and if you'd like to skip the extended wait for a F! show, the HBD package is handy. Both of these restaurants are must-dos for me now, but if I had to pick only one, DH would be so crushed if it weren't Narcoossee's that I'd end up eating alone at HBD
TandEsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblume91 View Post
We've always included one meal that used 2 TS credits. We've done CRT & HDDR in the past but want to do something different this time. What's your favorite restaurant that uses 2 TS credits for dinner & why? I've looked & looked at menus but can't decide.
We love Artist Point at WL and Yachtsman Steakhouse at YC. Both (IMO) have nice atmospheres and great food. The filet at both places was amazing, as was the salmon at Artist Point.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

I've not been to any of the upscale restaurants, but we do love Le Cellier. We went when it was 1 TS credit for lunch, and we had a really late lunch. We didn't eat again until the next morning, we were so full of delicious steak, cheese soup (paid OOP for that) and pretzel bread.

I want to try CRT, but I think DD would be crushed if we didn't do HDDR. It's usually her favorite meal. She loves the show, and the fried chicken and cornbread. She's totally from Indiana! ha ha ha

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #8
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Narcoossee's - excellent food and service every time. We like the crab cake appetizer, some of my family likes the lobster, but I usually order the steak and the Almond Crusted Cheesecake is my favorite dessert in DW. Als, a great view of Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant.

Jiko - One of the most interesting menus in DW with its African influences. Some unusual selections such as the wild boar tenderloin. Also an opportunity to explore AKL.

Hollywood Brown Derby - our favorite DHS restaurant. We've taken advantage of the Fantasmic! Dining Package because it gives us the opportunity to enjoy the Cobb Salad and filet and then Fantasmic!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: