Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2014, 11:57 PM   #16
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck1 View Post
If you request the port view room at CIS, you can see the ships in the morn. The ships tyically come in anywhere from 430-530 am depending on itinerary.
To add some room numbers to the port view at CIS; on the 4 th floor, room numbers 400 thru 429 , even number rooms..........we always ask for rm 400.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:21 AM   #17
ptcbass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
Nope, you will have to wait with everyone else.

We've stayed at the Radisson multiple times and have never seen the ships from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
When we were there, shuttle buses were allowed to enter the port before private cars, if that's what you're asking. People in private cars were told to come back an hour later. This was right after Hurricane Sandy so the port was chaotic that day.

We stayed at CI&S because we had a freebie night. It wasn't in as good of condition as other CI&S hotels we've stayed in, but it was do-able. Our room had a view of the port, and we saw the Fantasy sail right past us. She was a few hours late due to the hurricane, so it was an exciting moment knowing she had indeed weathered the storm.

I am trying to get info on the hotels at the port and read a trip report this last week where someone said they got to go on in at 10 and check in before everyone else because they arrived by shuttle and not by private vehicle. They checked in, went to management desk and got an upgrade (from 7a to 1 bedroom) and then waited for the line of people to be let in and for them to call their boarding number.

It would be worth it to leave my car at one of the hotels and be shuttled in if we could do this! I guess that isn't the case though. Thanks for the responses. I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Sorry!

I would also love a hotel that is on the beach and I guess that offers the 40% discount that is clean and nice but not overly priced. Also, is it better to stay as close to the port as possible or can you still see the ships coming in further down on the island? I guess it depends on the shipping lane/approach.

Thanks again for all the great info!

1995 CBR, 2000 OKW, 2005 POP, 2008 ASSp, 2010 Pop and POR, 2014 POR and DCL Dream, 2015 Dream

Last edited by ptcbass; 06-23-2014 at 07:59 AM.
ptcbass is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #18
chuckm403
EPCOT fan

Residence Inn

If anyone has stayed at the Residence Inn next to CIS, I'd appreciate any info about your experience. TIA

Offsite: 9/91, DxL: 9/97, BC: 9/99, 9/00, 4/05, CBR: 9/05, WL: 4/08
YC: 10/02, 12/03, 9/06, 9/09, 9/11, 9/12, 4/13
Magic: 9/99, 10/10
Dream: 4/13

chuckm403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:37 AM   #19
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm403 View Post
If anyone has stayed at the Residence Inn next to CIS, I'd appreciate any info about your experience. TIA
I have stayed here and love it! We had planned on staying again in December, but chose not to since they have instituted a $6/night parking fee just for the nights you are staying at the hotel (not for park and cruise packages). We drive our car to the port and park there during the cruise, so having to pay another parking fee for my hotel night at a hotel that is not in a major metropolitan area (where I expect to pay a parking fee, such as Chicago or Atlanta)...no thanks! Matter of principle for me. But if you aren't driving, or don't mind paying for parking just for your hotel nights, then by all means the Residence Inn is a great choice.

HTH!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #20
chuckm403
EPCOT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
I have stayed here and love it! We had planned on staying again in December, but chose not to since they have instituted a $6/night parking fee just for the nights you are staying at the hotel (not for park and cruise packages). We drive our car to the port and park there during the cruise, so having to pay another parking fee for my hotel night at a hotel that is not in a major metropolitan area (where I expect to pay a parking fee, such as Chicago or Atlanta)...no thanks! Matter of principle for me. But if you aren't driving, or don't mind paying for parking just for your hotel nights, then by all means the Residence Inn is a great choice.

HTH!
Thanks iloverags2. We aren't driving so the parking fee doesn't effect us. I know the hotel only offers breakfast. Did you experience any restaurants in the area? I know there is a mall not too far away (not walking distance) but curious to know if you have any first hand experience with dining.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #21
SeattleSuz
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites, with an oceanview room back in October 2012 (at the tail end of Hurrican Sandy) and I sat on our balcony and watched the ships come in and leave. It was really cool...

Suz (40) DH-Matt (38) DD-Ariel (6)
SeattleSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #22
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm403 View Post
My favorite hotel at the port area...stayed there numerous times and love it. clean, friendly, great suite rooms. Nice, hot complimentary breakfast in the am. In my opinion it blew away the CIS. I was bummed when it was sold out for our upcoming cruise. We are staying next week at the Radisson which I have not stayed in for years (usually stay at the MRI) as was the only one with availability for our pre night.

Also tried getting the Best Western Hotel and Suites on the beach and that was sold out.

http://www.bestwesterncocoabeach.com/

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #23
chuckm403
EPCOT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
My favorite hotel at the port area...stayed there numerous times and love it. clean, friendly, great suite rooms. Nice, hot complimentary breakfast in the am. In my opinion it blew away the CIS. I was bummed when it was sold out for our upcoming cruise. We are staying next week at the Radisson which I have not stayed in for years (usually stay at the MRI) as was the only one with availability for our pre night.

Also tried getting the Best Western Hotel and Suites on the beach and that was sold out.

http://www.bestwesterncocoabeach.com/

MJ
Thanks for the info . Enjoy your cruise!

Old 06-25-2014, 07:34 AM   #24
SafariTigger
Mouseketeer

I booked a room at the Radisson through Priceline and got a good deal but didn't get the cruise parking option. We were just going to drive to the port and park there for the $75 fee. Would it be better to call the Radisson and see if we could leave the car with them? What time would we be shuttled over? We have the earliest port arrival time. Thanks!

Disney Wonder - Honeymoon cruise July '02
Port Orleans Riverside - Honeymoon continues - July '02
Became DVC Member! - July '02
Hilton Head - August '03
Saratoga Springs - April '06 (Craig's 1st trip)
Saratoga Springs - August '08 (Kelly's 1st trip)
Vero Beach/Wilderness Lodge - March '10
Vero Beach/Boardwalk - June/July '13
Disney Dream/Vero Beach - July '14
SafariTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #25
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariTigger View Post
What time would we be shuttled over? We have the earliest port arrival time. Thanks!
They officially start running shuttles at 10:30. You would call to schedule your shuttle. The sooner you call, the earlier the shuttle.

I have seen them load people onto a shuttle before 1030 before, it had just dropped off a load of returning cruisers. No guarantees on that.

There is also no absolute guarantee you will get on your scheduled shuttle. We have been bumped before and we have been moved up before. You just never know.

DynamicDisneyDuo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #26
TAKTally
Earning My Ears

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn before both of our cruises and loved it. It's just a bit past Ron Jon, but it does have beach access, and you can make out the port in the distance.
TAKTally is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: