Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Lost163
Earning My Ears

Stay in WL in December but concerned about pool

Last year we stayed at BC which was our first time which we loved. This year we decided to try WL since we spend most if our time at MK which surprised since our kids are 10 & 8 and have been to wDW several times. My concern is this pool refurb. We weren't planning on doing water parks but want a good pool in case we get some nice days. Any advice.
Lost163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
ArmyWife3-4
DIS Veteran

We stayed at WL several years ago in December, and it was MUCH too cold for swimming. We were wearing fleece jackets in the parks. I know it's not like this every year, but I wouldn't put too much weight on the pool at that time of year. I could be wrong, but I also thought I read that the pool would be back open by December. If it's not, there is still the pool over at the villas. It's not as themed as the main pool, but it's still an option!
Many trips as a child * Honeymoon - POFQ Aug 2007 * 1st Anniversary while DH was deployed - POFQ Aug 2008 * DH's R&R trip - WL Apr 2009 * Expedition Everest Challenge with DH - Sept 26, 2009 - Beach Club * Princess Half Marathon 2010 - I DID IT! POFQ * Girls Trip August 2010 - Upgraded to AP's! - POFQ * Magical Christmas Trip with dear friends - December 2010 - WL Villas * Princess Half Marathon Feb/Mar 2011 - I DID IT - AGAIN! - AKL * Inaugural Tinkerbell Half Marathon January 2012 - Grand Californian Resort - Disneyland - Third time's a charm!* From Alaska to the mouse! - WL - Matthew's First Birthday - November 2013! * Just the girls! Pre-Christmas with the Mouse - December 7-11, 2014 - WL *

Loving life in Alaska, but we're far too far away from my favorite Mouse!

We're adopting from Ethiopia!
ArmyWife3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost163 View Post
Last year we stayed at BC which was our first time which we loved. This year we decided to try WL since we spend most if our time at MK which surprised since our kids are 10 & 8 and have been to wDW several times. My concern is this pool refurb. We weren't planning on doing water parks but want a good pool in case we get some nice days. Any advice.
According to the information on the WL FAQ, the pool is supposed to close after Labor Day, but there is no word yet on how long it is to be down. With that said, a pool being closed in December wouldn't be a problem for us as December is so unpredictable as far as weather, but if the pool is an important factor for you (even if it wasn't certain it would be warm enough to swim), I would probably choose a different resort. We have been twice in December with one time being so cold the pool was actually closed during our stay (with the exception of our check in day), but the second time we were able to enjoy the pool 3-4 days out of our stay as temps were in the low 80s. With all of that said, if the pool being closed wouldn't be a big deal, I'd go with the WL as it's a great resort, especially during the holidays. However, if you would be disappointed if the weather was nice and you couldn't use the pool, I'd book somewhere else. Good luck with your decision.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: