Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
onemaybaby
Mouseketeer

Dining Plan, is this possible...

Trying to decide if I will be getting the dining plan during my next trip. (I have two dates in mind, one I will be eligible for free dining, and the other I will not)

The problem is that my husband will not be with me for the entire trip. We are hoping to stay 10 days, and he will only join us for 6 or 7. I know the dining plan needs to be added to the entire group for the entire stay, so if I were to book my husband in for the whole trip, even though he will only be there for a portion of it, can I use the credits how I wish?

I guess I am just wanting to verify that the credits are lumped together still on one card and I can use them how I want. I realize that I will have to pay the additional ticket for my husband but the difference between 6 and 10 days is only about $35. I figure I can use the extra credits for some character breakfasts or signature dining.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

First off, buy the number of day tickets that your DH needs for EVERYONE. You can add days to those who need them after you get to the parks. That's $35 you don't need to spend.

Second, yes, you can use his credits however you want. If you're staying nine nights, that's 18 TS credits and 18 QS credits to be used whenever.
sharonabe is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
disneyjenna
Earning My Ears

You'll be able to use the credits after he's gone. Each magic band has access to all the credits on for everyone on the reservation so you can use then however you like!

May 2010 - All Star Sports
September 2010 - All Star Sports
June 2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort
November 2011 - Pop Century
September 2012 - All Star Music
August 2013 - Art of Animation
September 2014 - Coronado Springs
disneyjenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:23 AM   #4
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

BUT the table credits you use in DH's absence will have to match what's listed for your group. If you are 2 Adults, 2 Children, that's all the DP credits that will be allowed at a TS. You can't use up DH's extra credits by having 3 Adults at one meal. But you could enjoy an extra Adult meal or two, to use up his meal credits.

As others said, just order (for everyone) the number of park day tickets your DH needs. When you check-in, you can upgrade your tickets (individually) for everyone except DH.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:42 AM   #5
phabric
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post

As others said, just order (for everyone) the number of park day tickets your DH needs. When you check-in, you can upgrade your tickets (individually) for everyone except DH.
When you add tickets when you are at the resort, are the tickets priced at the price when you make the resort reservation (they are cheaper the more days you buy)? Or at the price at the gate?
phabric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #6
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabric View Post
When you add tickets when you are at the resort, are the tickets priced at the price when you make the resort reservation (they are cheaper the more days you buy)? Or at the price at the gate?
Disney tickets are priced the same at the resort, online, or at the gate. What might make a difference for you is a ticket price increase on Feb 23, 2014. If you reserved your resort + tickets previous to that date, your tickets have a lower value than current tickets. If you upgrade the tickets anywhere outside of a theme park gate, you would owe the price increase, plus the upgrade cost. HOWEVER, you can get around owing the price increase by simply using the tickets to enter a theme park. Just by doing that, Disney bridges the value of your tickets to current price. Then when you upgrade, you only owe for the upgrade and nothing else.

You need 3-4 days added for everyone except DH, and it would be $10.65 (including tax) for each day added, per ticket. There's Guest Relations inside and outside each park gate, and 2 at DTD, who can handle the upgrade. Also any park ticket booth can handle it. Make sure the Disney CM gives you the price-bridged upgrade cost. There's been some CMs who are "under-trained." If you aren't getting the right price, ask for your tickets back and find another CM to do the transaction.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #7
lroger01
DIS Veteran

Keep in mind that if you buy only the ticket days your DH needs for everyone, you'll only be able to book FP+'s for that many days. The extra $35 might be worth it to lock in your FP's for entire trip at the 60 day mark!

Remember forum newbies
When responding to first timers, please make an effort to spell out acronyms the first time you use them in a post. The newbies will thank you!
lroger01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

that makes no sense. I have a hotel reservation for 10 days and tickets for 5. Disney has no way of knowing how i will use the tickets. I can make ADRs for all days of my hotel stay - and of course there are resort hotels as wells as parks

nope, hotel stay drives not number of days tickets
Old 06-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #9
Vylette Rose
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa_ View Post
that makes no sense. I have a hotel reservation for 10 days and tickets for 5. Disney has no way of knowing how i will use the tickets. I can make ADRs for all days of my hotel stay - and of course there are resort hotels as wells as parks

nope, hotel stay drives not number of days tickets
Old 06-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #10
Random Ninja
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa_ View Post
that makes no sense. I have a hotel reservation for 10 days and tickets for 5. Disney has no way of knowing how i will use the tickets. I can make ADRs for all days of my hotel stay - and of course there are resort hotels as wells as parks nope, hotel stay drives not number of days tickets
The PP was talking about Fast Pass+ reservations which are tied into ticket medium. You can only get as many days of FP+ as the number of days you have tickets for unless you are an AP holder.

The only time ADRs are affected by resort stay is if you want to take advantage of the 180+10 ability. You don't even need to be staying on site to get ADRs at 180 days out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: