Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

first timer friend needs help! POLY or WL during construction?

Hi everyone-- thanks so much for your help. My BF is taking herself, DH and two kids DD4 and DS7 to WDW for the first time.

They are going this November (non Thanksgiving time) and can't decide where to stay. She said her most important priority was proximity to parks. They have received the following quotes and are torn on which scenario to chose.

POLY-- the only resort with availability for free dining for her dates. Cons- obviously-- the construction. I am not sure how much the pool means to them.. but I hate for the place to look completely torn up when they go. Price with free dining-- $3800

WL-- there are no discounts available yet-- but a discount could become available later. Rack rate with regular DP-- $3900

What would you do????

THANKS!

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #2
OnceUponATime15
Disney frequent flyer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
Hi everyone-- thanks so much for your help. My BF is taking herself, DH and two kids DD4 and DS7 to WDW for the first time. They are going this November (non Thanksgiving time) and can't decide where to stay. She said her most important priority was proximity to parks. They have received the following quotes and are torn on which scenario to chose. POLY-- the only resort with availability for free dining for her dates. Cons- obviously-- the construction. I am not sure how much the pool means to them.. but I hate for the place to look completely torn up when they go. Price with free dining-- $3800 WL-- there are no discounts available yet-- but a discount could become available later. Rack rate with regular DP-- $3900 What would you do???? THANKS!
Lots & lots of discussion over on the Wilderness Lodge thread about a pool refurb happening at this resort as well. It is apparently to add a splash pad area to the main/feature pool as well as other improvements. The start date has been noted as either the "end of August" or "after Labour Day". -- no length of construction time has been noted - nor has any official email gone out to guests to advise of the potential refurb -- yet.

I keep checking both mail & email as our dates at WL are at "the end of August" .. right before our split stay to the Poly..... smh.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
MaggiesMomNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponATime15 View Post
Lots & lots of discussion over on the Wilderness Lodge thread about a pool refurb happening at this resort as well. It is apparently to add a splash pad area to the main/feature pool as well as other improvements. The start date has been noted as either the "end of August" or "after Labour Day". -- no length of construction time has been noted - nor has any official email gone out to guests to advise of the potential refurb -- yet.

I keep checking both mail & email as our dates at WL are at "the end of August" .. right before our split stay to the Poly..... smh.
Book WL at that rate and then have her call back when they release room only discounts. Tell her to avoid that first week in November (I think) around veteran's day and election day bec I think it's blacked out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: