DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
ncurley
Earning My Ears

Can you buy resale For sale by owner?

Can you buy DVC for sale by owner? I have been wondering why I never see any resales FSBO like you do with regular real estate.
ncurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #2
supersnoop
DIS Veteran

Yes, it is possible and very similar to FSBO real estate. You'll want an experienced title company or attorney to handle the transaction. The problem becomes, where can you find FSBO listings for DVC? I've seen some on eBay, and there's a listing aggregator site that shows one or two.

The difference, however, is that, with normal real estate, there's a benefit to both the buyer and seller because of the reduced transaction costs. But with DVC and Disney's ROFR, there is really no benefit to the buyer. You can't really make a reduced offer, because, whether the broker is getting a commission or not, the total price paid is what Disney considers when they decide to take a contract.
supersnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
ncurley
Earning My Ears

So what is the normal commission paid to the Timeshare Store or Fidelity or other brokers? I saw one place that said it was 8% which seems very high. If I did buy into DVC, it is good to know how much it would cost to sell if needed.

Most normal real estate averages 6% commission from what I have seen, and realtors spend a lot of time and effort on showings. I know DVC offers tours but not by the resale brokers, so my quick reaction is that 8% commission seems high. But I know they probably do more volume lower dollar sales than normal real estate, so maybe it is just lots of busy work.
ncurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:58 AM   #4
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

You can, they do sell on Ebay but personally I wouldn't purchase that way. I prefer to go through a broker.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:19 AM   #5
Millionaire2K
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncurley View Post
so what is the normal commission paid to the timeshare store or fidelity or other brokers? I saw one place that said it was 8% which seems very high. If i did buy into dvc, it is good to know how much it would cost to sell if needed.

Most normal real estate averages 6% commission from what i have seen, and realtors spend a lot of time and effort on showings. I know dvc offers tours but not by the resale brokers, so my quick reaction is that 8% commission seems high. But i know they probably do more volume lower dollar sales than normal real estate, so maybe it is just lots of busy work.
10%
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:49 AM   #6
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Have you tried looking at DVC Resale Listings here on the Disboards? http://www.dvc-resales.com/dvclisting.cfm

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #7
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncurley View Post
Most normal real estate averages 6% commission from what I have seen, and realtors spend a lot of time and effort on showings. I know DVC offers tours but not by the resale brokers, so my quick reaction is that 8% commission seems high.
yeah, timeshares and houses aren't really comparable.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: