Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #121
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Eat to the Beat

The last TBD spot, Oct 13-14, of the Eat To The Beat Concerts has been filled in by Richard Marx “Hold On to the Night”.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #122
budafam
DIS Veteran

Also subscribing! This will be my 3rd & 4th time at Food & Wine. My first was in 2011 with my son on a solo trip and my 2nd was in 2012 with my daughter on our solo trip. I'll be back in September with my daughter and then at the end of October with the whole family for a few nights before our first cruise. Can't wait!!!
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #123
vetrik
DIS Veteran

Is the last day of F&W very busy?

We've never gone during the Food and Wine Festival before, but we have a trip booked in November this year. The only park days we have during the festival are Sunday 11/9 and Monday 11/10. I've been planning to avoid Sunday 11/9 since that weekend is the Wine and Dine Half Marathon, and I know weekends are always busier anyway. However, that leaves Monday 11/10, the last day, as our only chance to check it out. I wasn't sure if it would be busier than a normal weekday since it is the last day.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #124
bcarey2k
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetrik View Post
Is the last day of F&W very busy? We've never gone during the Food and Wine Festival before, but we have a trip booked in November this year. The only park days we have during the festival are Sunday 11/9 and Monday 11/10. I've been planning to avoid Sunday 11/9 since that weekend is the Wine and Dine Half Marathon, and I know weekends are always busier anyway. However, that leaves Monday 11/10, the last day, as our only chance to check it out. I wasn't sure if it would be busier than a normal weekday since it is the last day.
Last year, that Monday was not real crowded and quite nice. Much of the food that has 'run out' I the previous days had mystically reappeared!

Brian

Wine and Dine 2014
Avengers 2014
bcarey2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #125
winegirl
Mouseketeer

Super excited for the F&W festival ... this will be our first time! My husband and I both work in the beer/wine/spirits industry, so this will be a treat to experience this type of event 'Disney style'!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #126
yettimedic
Earning My Ears

Party for the senses

Does anyone know if they have announced dates for the party for the senses ?

yettimedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:22 AM   #127
cassiejo2711
Mouseketeer

We will be at F&W on Sept 25th. Kids (11 & 9) want to eat at Akserhaus (I'm sure I spelled that wrong lol) and have an ADR for lunch. We have already eaten there (5 years ago), but have never been to F&W. Is it silly to go eat there when we will be surrounded by superly yummy food kiosks?
cassiejo2711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #128
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yettimedic View Post
No, they haven't yet. The actual Saturday dates will most likely be announced at the preview dinner on July 19.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #129
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yettimedic View Post
Dates have not been announced for anything yet and all they say about PFTS is "select Saturdays." It's pretty much a given that there will be no PFTS on November 8 due to the half marathon. In the last few years there hasn't been one on the first Saturday either, so don't look for one on September 20...All other Saturdays are a good possibility unless they decide to use the World Showplace for something else on certain Saturdays.

Quote:
We will be at F&W on Sept 25th. Kids (11 & 9) want to eat at Akserhaus (I'm sure I spelled that wrong lol) and have an ADR for lunch. We have already eaten there (5 years ago), but have never been to F&W. Is it silly to go eat there when we will be surrounded by superly yummy food kiosks?
Maybe consider switching to an early breakfast?
Old 07-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #130
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiejo2711 View Post
Totally depends on what/how your family likes to eat/dine. The 25th is a Thursday so the lines won't be at their max.

Personally, I'd go for the food kiosks and taste your way around the World. There is a variety that way and it's fun.

If you prefer a sit down meal stick with the Akershus ADR. There are stand-at tables set up around the World Showcase but not too much seating.

Last edited by redzinner; 07-10-2014 at 01:13 PM.
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #131
sasmmb
Mouseketeer

Hi, Would it be possible to create a separate sticky thread for the Party of the Senses? It always seems like there is so much discussion about that, that it could warrant its own thread. That will help people who have questions about PFTS find what they need more quickly as well as keep this other F&W thread more easily digestible.
Thanks for considering!
1974 - 1st trip - off site; Summer 76 - off site; Winter 76 - Golf Resort (now Shades of Green); 86, 88, 92 - off site; years blur together but AS Music, AS Sports, WL, DL, CBR, BW Villas, 1 night GF Concierge, Poly, YC, Swan, AS Sports, CBR (Dec 31, 1999), WL, AKL, CS, Poly, April 07 Swan, POFQ and Pop Century; Sept 07 FW Cabins; Oct 07 Dolphin ; Oct 08 off-site; Oct 09 BWV; Oct 10 SSR; Feb 11 GF; Nov 11 AKL/BWV; Jun 12 off-site; Nov 12 Pop Century; Nov 13 BWV; Feb 14 CBR and CS; May 14 OKW; Oct 14 Dolphin and BWV

DCL - Inaugural Alaska May 2011 (Wonder); West. Carrib. May 2012 (Fantasy); Eastbound Transatlantic May 2014 (Magic)

Married at the Disney Wedding Pavilion 1998
sasmmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #132
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

I don't see the need for a separate sticky thread dedicated to the Party for the Senses. Pretty sure we have had one post asking what dates they will be, and the answer that they're not out yet. Not enough for a full sticky thread just on that. Anyone wanting to take discussion on a single event out of this thread can start a separate thread on the board (it won't be a sticky though).
Old 07-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #133
NoMoneyThanks2Disney
Earning My Ears

My mom and I have gone to the F&W for the last 3 years, I think. It actually happened accidently. We decided before we left on our first trip to do Epcot on a Friday, and it turned out to be the first day of F&W. What luck! Up until finding this thread I had no idea there was more than the kiosks, and the eat to the beat concert. We're going again this year. Anyone have suggestions for things that are consistently good that I might want to try getting reservations for? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
NoMoneyThanks2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #134
NewRVLady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiejo2711 View Post
Cassie-we usually do the Food booths at night=like EVERY night of our trip

It is a tad hard for kids, because you mostly stand with your plate and eat-there are a few tables and ledges here and there to lean on
We eat sit down for lunch also
NewRVLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #135
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Just as an aside, it's not a Festival event but the Epcot After Hours Wind Down has been extended to Thursdays-Sundays through November 9.

This can be booked right now through the Disney site if anybody's interested in "supplementing" their Festival activities with one or more sessions.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: